Thread: Which are my keepers

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Which are my keepers

Heyhooo

I post this to look for help with my problem of the keeper-selection. Because I suggest, the problem will mainly be on the selection of the right defensemen I post it here:

What do you think: Which 11 players should I keep? Which Goalie? Which of Risto, S. Jones, Faulk and Hamilton would you keep?
    Keep in mind, that we transfer our league to dynasty after this season!

Thx!

10 Team H2H Yahoo Keeper league (keep 11 players) 23 Players (3 LW, C, RW, 6 D, 4 Reserve 2 Goalies)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, Shots, Hits, Checks
    Wins, GAA, Shots, Save%, Shutout

Converting to Dynasty League after Season 2016/17

C: Backstrom, Eichel, Turris, W. Nylander
    RW: Eberle, Stone, Voracek, McCarron
    LW: Forsberg, Gaudreau, Panarin
    D: E-Larrson, Letang, Faulk, Hamilton, Ristolainen, Jones, Hanifin, Hamonic
    G: Lundqvist, Crawford,
    12 Team H2H Yahoo Dynasty league 24 Players (4 LW, C, RW, 6 D, 4 Reserve 2 Goalies)
    G, A, FOW, PPP, PIM, Shots, Hits, Blocks

Plus: Yearly 2 Prospect-Picks, on which you have the rights for 3 years. Maximal 6 prospects overall

C:, Eichel, Pettersson, Bennett, Cates
    RW: Marner, Rantanen, Stephenson, Blais, Coleman, Killorn
    LW: Gaudreau, Panarin, Kaprizov, B. Tkachuck, Guentzel, E. Kane
    D:E-Larrson, Trouba, McAvoy, Dahlin, Ristolainen, Walman, Matheson
    G:Hellebuyck, Sorokin, Saros

IR:
    Forsberg, Kaprizov, Chabot

Prospects (right now not in the Team): Q. Byfield

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Which are my keepers

Dobber Sports Ace

G: Lundqvist, Crawford

Bolded
    my keepers. It'd be a toss up between Faulk and Eberle for me. I suppose it depends on whichever you think is harder to re-draft. I think Eberle's down year might push him just a little deeper into the draft than Faulk, since your league seems pretty D heavy.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

The Great One

If ever there was a team that was screaming "two for one" trade to consolidate, that is it.

Could you move Lundqvist + one of Stone/Voracek/Risto/Hamilton for an upgrade in goal?

Also, you have "hits" and "checks" as scoring categories. Should one of those be blocks?

And FWIW, I like the advice above. I do think it's a coin flip between Eberle and Stone, as well as Faulk and Risto.

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    If ever there was a team that was screaming "two for one" trade to consolidate, that is it.

Could you move Lundqvist + one of Stone/Voracek/Risto/Hamilton for an upgrade in goal?

Also, you have "hits" and "checks" as scoring categories. Should one of those be blocks?

And FWIW, I like the advice above. I do think it's a coin flip between Eberle and Stone, as well as Faulk and Risto.
    Agree here. I went with Eberle because of the McDavid hype/impact.

Also I went with Risto because Carolina doesn't appear to have improved and +/- of Faulk could kill a fantasy team.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Agree here. I went with Eberle because of the McDavid hype/impact.

Also I went with Risto because Carolina doesn't appear to have improved and +/- of Faulk could kill a fantasy team.
    I think my biggest reasons for going Stone over Eberle would be the +/- as well. I think they're both going to have great opportunities on the PP and being similar at even strength production, and I just see Stone taking more shots.

I'm also not convinced Faulk's +/- will be much worse than Risto's. Both teams are shaky in net, and there seems to more a few more defensively-minded dmen for Carolina to choose from that might help to mitigate Faulk's chances of being on the ice for goals against.

All in all I think everyone's on the same page though, other than the couple of bubble players, the rest are pretty much locks.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Icon

Dobber Sports Giant

C: Backstrom, Eichel
    RW: Stone, Voracek
    D: E-Larrson, Letang
    G: Lundqvist, Crawford

I would keep 2 top-10 tenders since you're in a 10-team league with 11 keepers. Odds are that the top-10 tenders are kept and I would mouch prefer to have 2 locked down rather than scrambling for another one. Faulk would be my bubble pick here, but I think he will be re-draftable with more ease than Lundy. Since your forward lineup is pretty much complete (2 holes + the 4 extras), you can focus on drafting multiple D-men early on to fill in your quota.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Expert

This.

Find someone and package Stone-Risto for an upgrade. or Voracek-Faulk.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    I think my biggest reasons for going Stone over Eberle would be the +/- as well. I think they're both going to have great opportunities on the PP and being similar at even strength production, and I just see Stone taking more shots.

I'm also not convinced Faulk's +/- will be much worse than Risto's. Both teams are shaky in net, and there seems to more a few more defensively-minded dmen for Carolina to choose from that might help to mitigate Faulk's chances of being on the ice for goals against.

All in all I think everyone's on the same page though, other than the couple of bubble players, the rest are pretty much locks.
    I see what you mean with more defensive minded d-men to choose from, but you also have to consider their top Centre is a defensive minded centre in Staal. It is important to keep pucks out of the net to ensure +/- doesn't get too low, but you also have to be on the ice when your team scores to get some additional pluses. I think Carolina as a whole will be minus significantly.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

ouu yes this has to be blocks.... and right now i can't trade anybody, so your advice is a superbe one, but I don't think can be achieved until we re-draft....
    I should have posted my question some time ago..

thx for all those good advices!! you're helping me a lot! I'm waiting for more :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    no panarin, no forsberg?
    12 Team H2H Yahoo Dynasty league 24 Players (4 LW, C, RW, 6 D, 4 Reserve 2 Goalies)

Plus: Yearly 2 Prospect-Picks, on which you have the rights for 3 years. Maximal 6 prospects overall

IR:

Dobber Sports Titan

Same as the general consensus (minus chuck couples) and I like the Eberle/Risto side. It's also tough giving up Willy Nylander. As the above said, 2 for one deals if you can.

Worst case scenario, your team looks solid, young, and you fill a lot of positions/categories/ages etc.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm thinking about keeping more D's (namely Faulk AND Risto) for Eberle/Stone because on Dobber-Hockey one week ago it was stated, that D's are more and more becoming important. What do you think about that? I know Eberle and McJesus and so on and that Mark Stone is a fantastic player but what do you think. What should I weight more heavily?

Thx for the help

IR:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You have a nice problem to have. I think you want to keep the best players you can keep,a nd not worry overly much about the conversion to dynasty. I am assuming the following:

1. Conversion to dynasty doesn't involve cap ramifications.
    2. You note 23 players, but the breakdown totals 21 and you only have 21 on roster.

I really wanted to kep a 3rd defenseman, but decided that if I couldn't choose which defenseman you should keep, you should keep none of them, and just redraft them as they fall. You will have a solid core needing little up front, and a solid top pair on defense.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.