Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Drop Ovechkin? Need to expose at least $15 million.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Drop Ovechkin? Need to expose at least $15 million.

After giving it some more thought, I'd drop Brassard, Barrie and Klingberg.

Last spot was between Klingberg and Buff. I think Klingberg could outscore Buff by 10 points, but Buff more than makes up for it in the other stats. Given the team you have there I think you can lose the 10 points and still be pretty dominant. That drops 14.75 million by my count. I'd probably just drop Pouliot then, he should be very replaceable.

The Great One

Klingberg is signed forever at a great caphit (4.25). RyJo is signed at 4.0, but will likely get a massive raise next year. I might consider dropping RyJo, especially if it means being able to re-up Brett Burns next year. I find it hard to drop Klingberg in a cap league, given how sweet that contract is...

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Do you need to expose $15M from 2015-2016 salaries or 2016-2017 salaries?

Anyways, I would drop Brassard, Byfuglien and Barrie (although Burns's next contract would scare me already). (I don't know what I have against those B's today.)

I think that would leave you with around $5M to find three replacements. It's not easy but then again dropping Ovie instead of Byfuglien would only add around $2M to that, and I don't think that would help much, so that's why I'd rather drop Byfuglien over Ovechkin.
    Have to expose from last year's cap hits (to prevent picking up a guy on the cheap, knowing that he'd get a big raise, and sort of "cheat" the exposure process).

Good point about the Buff vs Ovi money. When you look at it that way ($2 million difference), it takes on a bit of a different light.