Thread: Is Trocheck a big upgrade over TT or Wenberg?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Is Trocheck a big upgrade over TT or Wenberg?

Keeper League, 12 team 13 keepers - 10 player draft

Thinking of offering up a trade and I am looking to add value to my side

If I do offer up the trade and its accepted I would no longer be able to keep TT or Wenberg.

Does Trocheck give me a solid boost over TT or Wenberg? Similiar to a second round pick?

The value I would be looking for is something like a second round pick for that boost.

Or am I better off keeping TT and roll the dice with him and keep the better player in the trade?

Thanks for the help

Wallbanger
    Wallbanger

F(9 Start - 82 games)- Matthews, Marner, Point, Barkov, Larkin, Raymond, Zadina Dennisenko, Farabee, Tolvannen, Palat, Mcann , Carter , Barre Boulet
    D(6 Start - 82 games)- Makar,Hughes, Seider, Dobson, Josi, Grelcyk
    G(1 start - 82 games)- Sorokin, Varly

12 Team Year long Pool- No hits
    Salary Cap - $88M
    23 man Roster - keep 13
    no farm
    ------------------------------------------------------

G=3, A=2, +/-=+1/-1, PIM=.2, SOG=.1
    W=4, L=-2, Save=.1, SO=5

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Is Trocheck a big upgrade over TT or Wenberg?

I prefer Trocheck to both Teravainen and Wennberg but I do think Wennberg gains ground on him and is 2nd on my list from those three.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

So basically you're trading a second round pick for Trochek, and would keep him over Wennberg or TT?
    with you only having 155 keepers. I wouldn't do this for a second round pick.
    Hold with what you have (I keep Wennberg over TT)

- - - Updated - - -

Trochek is the best of the three, but it's not enough of a gap to be worth it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

sorry eskimo i kow its confusing

no i am not giving a second round pick. In order to get more value on another trade, I am wodering if Trocheck is a big upgrade over TT or Wenberg. Enough for me to make the trade.
    Wallbanger

F(9 Start - 82 games)- Matthews, Marner, Point, Barkov, Larkin, Raymond, Zadina Dennisenko, Farabee, Tolvannen, Palat, Mcann , Carter , Barre Boulet
    D(6 Start - 82 games)- Makar,Hughes, Seider, Dobson, Josi, Grelcyk
    G(1 start - 82 games)- Sorokin, Varly

12 Team Year long Pool- No hits
    Salary Cap - $88M
    23 man Roster - keep 13
    no farm
    ------------------------------------------------------

G=3, A=2, +/-=+1/-1, PIM=.2, SOG=.1
    W=4, L=-2, Save=.1, SO=5

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Yes, you want Trochek over both of them.

And if you have to drop one.. I would drop TT

Dobber Sports Veteran

The lack of TT love surprises me. With his new situation I think his upside for the coming season and beyond make him the winner. It wasn't that long ago we were thinking he might be the next big thing (like we are talking about Drouin this summer). The shine has come off a bit but with what I assume will be ample offensive opportunity in Carolina I would rather hold onto him.

Dobber Sports Jedi

The difference between Trocheck & TT/Wennberg is bigger now than it will be by seasons end. TT could cruise to 50pts in Carolina and Trocheck likely won't push much beyond 60. and Wennberg with 40 in 69 should be pushing somewhere in between baring Ryan Strome type regression.

It's hard comparing players that are breaking in with a player that has officially broken in. By seasons end, I don't see Trocheck being much of an upgrade on either... TT more than Wennberg though if push comes to shove
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Banned

I think so. TT has little value and will probably be in Finland in a year or two. Trocheck is just as skilled and has proven way more. Wennberg is good but is more of a two way player.

The Great One

The difference between Trocheck & TT/Wennberg is bigger now than it will be by seasons end - pretty much nails it for me TBH
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
    sorry eskimo i kow its confusing

no i am not giving a second round pick. In order to get more value on another trade, I am wodering if Trocheck is a big upgrade over TT or Wenberg. Enough for me to make the trade.
    In that case yes, I would want Trochek in the deal and give up TT if possible, but I would still do it for Wennberg.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    In that case yes, I would want Trochek in the deal and give up TT if possible, but I would still do it for Wennberg.
    Exactly matches my thoughts.

I've been tracking Trocheck's progress since 2013. When your GM (at the time) puts you in the same category as Barkov and Bjugstad, you should pay attention. Here's what I wrote back in the Eastern Edge in September of 2013:

Last year was pretty good to Vincent Trocheck. In his final junior campaign, he led the OHL in scoring with 109 points, including 50 goals in 63 OHL games and was named the league's Most Outstanding Player. He also won gold with Team USA at the World Junior Championship, recording six points in seven games. The 20-year-old is expected to start his professional career in the AHL, but keep a close eye on him at training camp. Here's a quote by Panther's GM Dale Tallon via NHL.com:

"We're going to go with our young guys," Tallon said. "That's been the plan all along and that's the way we're going to go. … The Barkovs and Bjugstads and [Drew] Shores and Trochecks. Those are the guys that are our future. That's what's going to have to get done here."
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket