Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The where does JIMMY VESEY sign game (for rep)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: The where does JIMMY VESEY sign game (for rep)

There is strong rumors that he is about to sign with Montreal... here is the link (in french... sorry folks !)

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...ec-le-canadien
    2014 Champion
    2015 Champion

18 teams league, G ; A ; Pts ; PIM ; +/- ; Wins ; %.
    22 players max/ team but only 8F 4D 2G are used each week.
    Farm or/and 2 way contract: 8F, 4D, 2G

Team
    F- S.Crosby, A.Ovechkin, J.Thornton, T.Johnson, N.Bjugstad, Radulov, Nyquist, R.Strome, Drouin
    D- Faulk, Klingberg, Shattenkirk, Stralman, Gardiner, J.Morrow
    G- Rask, Talbot,

Farm
    Nichushkin, Dvorak, Poirier, N.Ritchie, D.Pouliot, Zadorov, Kuemper, M.Murray, Hackett

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by haze_tech View Post
    There is strong rumors that he is about to sign with Montreal... here is the link (in french... sorry folks !)

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...ec-le-canadien
    Thanks for the link! Didn't real give me any reason to think he will choose MTL, but you never know...
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I cant wait for him to sign ANYWHERE so we can stop talking about him and his potential landing spots.

FYI, there's 14 other college kids who will become FA's on monday as well as Vesey. Every one was a third round pick or later (including Vesey). Full list can be found here.

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/stat...37002812235776
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Montreal would make sense as we are thin on the left wing he would be right behind Pac on the 2nd line

The Great One

Why would a Boston kid want to go to Montreal? I don't think this happens...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I personally am a Blackhawks fan, so you think i would be interested. But, honestly tired of hearing about him at this point and I hope he decides quickly. Although, it has generated chatter in an otherwise normally dull time period in the NHL offseason.
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

Dobber Sports Icon

Josh Cooper had a good article on Puck Daddy about this situation this weekend.

“I think there’s a lot of things out there that either aren’t true or people are just searching to say things. We’re still talking with Buffalo, who will be part of this process once free agency happens, if it happens, which I assume is going to happen,” Vesey’s agent Peter Fish told Puck Daddy. “Jimmy wanted to go to free agency all along. He wanted to see it through and, so Buffalo has always been a team that has interested him, but he wants to compare with a few other teams once it happens”
    Really, it's all just speculation at this point. Seems like almost every team's hometown journalists have cooked up a "Jimmy Vesey wants to play here story". The only two teams that have legitimate claims to believe Vesey will sign with them seem to be Toronto (family connections) and Boston (hometown). Maybe Buffalo has a legit opportunity too as they hold his rights and apparently he is pretty tight with Eichel. Any other team would be an absolute shock in my opinion. Sure Chicago and others might be a decent fit and playing for a contender is enticing, but lot's of teams can make those claims. Only a few actually hold personal connections for the kid.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I cant wait for him to sign ANYWHERE so we can stop talking about him and his potential landing spots.

FYI, there's 14 other college kids who will become FA's on monday as well as Vesey. Every one was a third round pick or later (including Vesey). Full list can be found here.

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/stat...37002812235776
    I understand the frustration as stories like this get beaten to death this time of the year Axe. After going through that list though, I don't think any of those kids will ever have any sort of impact on any NHL team for the coming season and they certainly won't have any fantasy relevance. In fact, the only two I could see signing anywhere soon would be Dipauli and Cameranesi. Maybe Shore or Gilmour get picked up down the road. But the chances of any of those guys ever having an impact (real or fantasy) are pretty slim. Vesey will actually get a decent shot at Top 6 minutes this year and should be a decent depth winger on many fantasy teams this year which is why we are spending so much time talking about him in this forum. I'm actually kind of happy it's a story, because at least we have something fantasy-relevant to talk about in mid-August.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Master

Today's the day. Last chance to join in on the speculation madness...

Drum roll please.....Buffalo. I know the argument could be made that "then why hasn't he signed there yet since they've had his rights?" Well, as others have said, he wants to do some comparison shopping. But Buffalo has a good young team, room to sign him (8million below the cap) and a spot in the top 6; more so if Evander Kane gets traded or goes to jail. He'd also get a chance to play alongside Jack Eichel, a fellow collegiate player from the Boston area.

Either way we will see soon enough...

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Immortal

Finally to put this story to rest. I get it was probably garnering interest for himself, but holy he could have just told the media months ago.

Dobber Sports Padawan

|@TSNBobMcKenzie

BTW, Jimmy Vesey isn't UFA until midnight tonight. Quite possible he won't choose a team until Thursday or even the weekend.
    #VeseyWatch|

uggghhh.......
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Finally to put this story to rest. I get it was probably garnering interest for himself, but holy he could have just told the media months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post

|@TSNBobMcKenzie

BTW, Jimmy Vesey isn't UFA until midnight tonight. Quite possible he won't choose a team until Thursday or even the weekend.
    #VeseyWatch|

uggghhh.......
    I guess it may not be over anytime soon...
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Today's the day. Last chance to join in on the speculation madness...

Drum roll please.....Buffalo. I know the argument could be made that "then why hasn't he signed there yet since they've had his rights?" Well, as others have said, he wants to do some comparison shopping. But Buffalo has a good young team, room to sign him (8million below the cap) and a spot in the top 6; more so if Evander Kane gets traded or goes to jail. He'd also get a chance to play alongside Jack Eichel, a fellow collegiate player from the Boston area.

Either way we will see soon enough...
    I'd go 80% Boston and 20% Buffalo.

Momma's boy Vesey will stay close to home.
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Genius

|@TSNBobMcKenzie

#VeseyWatch|

uggghhh.......
    I'm not too surprised. If he actually wanted to talk to every team he has interest in then it'll take some time and if he signs with anyone but Buffalo right away it could sure come across as tampering.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Genius

|@TSNBobMcKenzie

#VeseyWatch|

uggghhh.......
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.