Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thatcher Demko or 9th overall in 2016 Prospects Draft

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Thatcher Demko or 9th overall in 2016 Prospects Draft

Should I trade away Thatcher Demko to acquire the 9th overall pick in my 30 team dynasty league? The draft is for anyone drafted in the 2016 NHL entry draft. Stats used in the league for goalies are W, SV%, EV SV%, GAA and Shutouts. Players are kept on your team until the become NHL free agents. We use the NHL AAV and the NHL salary cap. Rosters are 20 players deep with unlimited farm rosters.

My team is a contender this season after winning the regular season last year. I have Devan Dubnyk, Jacob Markstrom and Ville Husso as my other goalies. 1 goalie plays each week but no goalie can start more than 85% of the weeks. I also have 8 other picks in this years draft and I could pick up another prospect goalie with one of them. Available goalies from outside the 2016 NHL entry draft include Aaron Dell, Adam Carlson, Adam Vay, Alex Lyon, Lars Johansson, Charlie Lindgren, Eetu Laurikainen, Jared Coreau, Joe Cannata, Kasimir Kaskisuo, Kevin Boyle, Troy Grosenick.

The Great One

Default Re: Thatcher Demko or 9th overall in 2016 Prospects Draft

No I would keep him.. your goalie depth means it isn't worth losing him for a 9th
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Genius

You seem hell bent on trading Demko for a pick in this draft.

THREAD.

I don't understand your motivation at all. I really don't. You are in a 30 team dynasty with an unlimited farm!! Demko is the top goalie prospect to own in fantasy hockey. Sure, Demko might not be in the NHL for a couple of years, but neither is who ever you pick at #9.

If you have your mind set on trading him then look to grab a STAR player from a team that is having cap/roster space issues. I'm sure that there are 29 other GMs in your league that would like to own Demko.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Rookie

If you're contending and want to trade him for something that helps you this season, that makes sense. But straight up for a pick, nothing outside of a top 3 pick helps you this season. Future wise, there's nothing below that with the same long term value of a Demko IMO.

Administrator

I don't understand why you want him traded so badly. If you do go for a big roster upgrade.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

Unless Tkachuk or Dubois are magically still available at number 9 and you know in advance, I would hold on to, arguably, one of the best goalie prospects. Goalies do carry some risk, but Demko has surpassed most of those hurdles until now.

I would stand pat
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Initiate

Demko is a prime sell high candidate, and you should be getting a better return than #9 for him, especially in a deep league. Milk it!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    You seem hell bent on trading Demko for a pick in this draft.

THREAD.

I don't understand your motivation at all. I really don't. You are in a 30 team dynasty with an unlimited farm!! Demko is the top goalie prospect to own in fantasy hockey. Sure, Demko might not be in the NHL for a couple of years, but neither is who ever you pick at #9.

If you have your mind set on trading him then look to grab a STAR player from a team that is having cap/roster space issues. I'm sure that there are 29 other GMs in your league that would like to own Demko.
    I hope you listen to Moses here. He's parted the water for you, just walk though and keep Demko
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Keep it too.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

There's nobody at 9th overall available who will have more future value than Demko. That move would be a rather large loss to your dynasty team.

Dobber Sports Icon

Thank you all for your opinions.

I think you are all greatly overvaluing prospect goalies in my league set up. Connor Hellebuyck was just traded with a 2017 2nd round pick for pick #11 in the 2016 draft.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

I think you are all greatly overvaluing prospect goalies in my league set up. Connor Hellebuyck was just traded with a 2017 2nd round pick for pick #11 in the 2016 draft.
    Who cares? Don't sell players short just because someone else made the mistake.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

or the opposite, your league is greatly undervaluing prospect goalies in your league set up. With two sv pct cats having a stud goalie I would see as being very important. being able to hoard a young one instead of trying to acquire one makes more sense.

Would you rather have Carey Price at 20 on your farm or trade for him at 24?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by bergman View Post
    There's nobody at 9th overall available who will have more future value than Demko. That move would be a rather large loss to your dynasty team.
    Not necessarily true. Clayton Keller might be available at 9th in some leagues, and he's worth more than Demko IMO.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Not necessarily true. Clayton Keller might be available at 9th in some leagues, and he's worth more than Demko IMO.
    In a vacuum maybe, but not in a 30 team league. IMO
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"