Thread: Need GM(s) for elite $$ league - your chance to beat fantasy hockey writers!

The Great One

Default Need GM(s) for elite $$ league - your chance to beat fantasy hockey writers!

A highly competitive $$ eight team roto league that boasts not only me (Rick Roos, of Cage Match), but fantasy hockey's elite from other sites that I won't name, is looking for one or perhaps two GMs to join for 2016-17.

Here are the basics of the league, which I feel is a "best of both worlds" hybrid option between a one year and keeper league.

Each team has 32 players on its roster, with 13 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 3 goalies in the active lineup and 9 reserves, where the only restriction is no team can have more than 5 goalies on its roster at any time.

It's a limited keeper in that each team can keep up to six guys each year, with the restrictions being a maximum of one goalie can be kept and players can only be kept for two seasons after they're drafted, after which they go back into the draft pool. Players are kept in the round they were drafted, except free agents, which are slotted as 12th rounders when kept. It's a true best of both worlds, since you get rewarded for shrewd drafting yet you can't own a guy forever. It also helps foster trades.

Three spots are paid, with third place basically getting their money back, second nearly doubling their money, and first getting 60% of the entire pie. I'd rather not list the entry fee, but let's just say it enough to keep people motivated, but not likely budget busting for serious fantasy players.

Roster moves can be made any time; however, once a player is reserved he has to stay inactive for a week. There are also only 7 FA pick-ups per season, and no FA moves can be made during Shabbat or Jewish holidays, as one of the league members is orthodox Jewish.

Scoring categories (and weighting) are as follows:

SKATERS
    +/- 1 point
    Assists 1.5 points
    Blocked Shots 0.5 points
    Goals 1 point
    Shooting Pct 0.5 points
    PPPTS 1 point

GOALIES
    GAA 0.846 points
    2*wins+OL+SHOL 0.846 points
    Saves .84 points
    Shut Outs 0.423 points

To explain, when it says "1 point" that means the person who finishes first among the 8 teams will get 8 points in the standings.

Post a response in this thread or shoot me a PM if interested. For those who pass the sniff test (I'll need to ensure you have a suitable resume and, just as importantly, a good track record of staying engaged and being a fun yet competitive GM) I can send the roster of the teams that might be in need of new GMs.

IMPORTANT NOTE - full payment must occur before the draft. No exceptions.

Key league dates are as follows:

Draft - either Thursday October 6th or Monday October 10th.
    Retentions - due a week before the draft
    Trade Deadline - normally a week after the NHL deadline
    Free Agent Moves - no deadlines
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Need GM(s) for elite $$ league - your chance to beat fantasy hockey writers!

Did these teams get filled?