Dustin Byfuglien

G
    Miikka Kiprusoff
    Vesa Toskala

Any Suggestions?
    Drop Connolly for FA Martin Gerber?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default my draft suggestions?

I\'d definitely be concerned about owning both Havlat and Connolly. Sounds like a huge headache. You\'re not too strong at RW though so we\'ll have to keep Havlat.

I\'d be fine with dropping Connolly for Gerber as Toskala may not provide the numbers you\'re hoping for in front of a scary-looking Toronto defense. And that\'s scary-bad, not scary-good, if you\'re wondering.

Love your defense. Getting both Phaneuf and Green is a serious coup and McCabe is a darkhorse although not a sexy pick at the moment. Byfuglien may be a gem if he plays LW and retains D status.
    20 team H2H keeper. Keep 10. Now drafting...
    Start 2C, 2L, 2R, 2W, 2F, 4D, 1G daily
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG and W,GAA,SV%,SO

C: Getzlaf, Zetterberg, Mueller, Gerbe
    L: Parise, Elias, Prust, Pouliot
    R: Gaborik, Briere, Clarkson, Brouwer
    D: Weber, Yandle, E. Johnson, Zidlicky
    G: Howard, Gustavsson, Fasth

Farm: Toffoli, Tatar, Lehner, Josi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I am not sure what kind of league a Yahoo standard is? Points, H2H or Rotisserie - what is your starting roster each day or week? and what are your scoring categories (I am guessing they are the yahoo default cats)?

Sorry to be a pain but depending on how things are set up, will dictate to some degree how I might respond to your query.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yea no prob

Default Settings, H2H

G, A, +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV SHO

C
    C
    LW
    LW
    RW
    RW
    D
    D
    D
    D
    G
    G

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think Connolly is one of those high risk 0 high reward guys you might want to keep for a bit to see how the wind blows for him - if he rebounds this season he can post up serious numbers and will give you if nothing else some good trade value - if he doesn\'t and you should know early enough you can turf him for something on FA.

I definitely think you want Gerber - is he really just sitting there on FA?

Anyway Toskala is not going to win you many prizes with those stat categories but he might provide some valuable stats if you can spot play him in good matchups so I would like to see you hang onto him for now unless there is another great backup out there like Conklin or Halak who will seriously help you when they do play.

I like the idea of keeping your forwards for now and so that comes down to letting a D guy go and running with 3 which probably isn\'t so bad. In your situation I think I would part with Byfulgien to grab Gerber.

Edit: Actually hang on a sec - I want to check out a file I have on same night games played for your centres. Ahh crap you have two centres off the same team - not so good.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well Connolly does have a high ratio of games played on the same night as the Caps guys - 50 game.

Byfuglien will get you goals, but yuou have tonnes of them with that roster anyway - his PIM\'s are decent.

Maybe it does make sense to let Connolly go.

You definitely want Gerber in this league with this team.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree, Gerber is a must. (I don\'t know how he is available in a 12 team league with 2 G each team... Ottawa is certainly a top half team).

Since you only play 2 at each position, I`d see if you can turn Vanek into a top RW like Alffy or something. Your LW is solid, I like Hartnell in any league with PIMS but your RW could haunt you with Havlat, although it is a contract year.

Other than than your team looks really good, love the D!
    8 Team Auction league: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench, 5 farm. $1,000,000 salary cap, live auction annually, 3 year contracts, RFA after contract expiry. Player goes back into the draft, manager who keeps an RFA has the opportunity to match the highest bid. Keep 15 total PLUS farm team. Farm team counts towards your cap.
    Stats: G,A, PPP, PIM, +/-, Shots, GWG - W, SV%, SO

C: Backstrom $72, Bergeron $30, Malkin $160, TJ $5
    LW: Forsberg $5, Schwartz $5, Schenn $16, JVR $15
    RW: Wheeler $67
    D: Doughty $58, Weber $48, Vatenan $7
    G: Schneider $5 Dubnyck $5

Farm: Gibson $13, Drouin $19, S. Bennett $13, Hubs $23

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think I would rather have Gerber over Toskula this year, didn\'t think I would ever say that because I still believe that Gerber is not really a legitimate starter in the NHL. But the Leafs are going to stink, Toskula and Kaberle are there only good players. Gerber should put up more wins and a better GAA.

I would want to get another RW, your RW is weak. Connolly and Havlat?? Hmmmmm? Havlat might want to prove his worth, who knows.

Green and Phanuef, you are set on D..
    Good job drafting..
    Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

WOW!!! Z is \"KINDA\" giving Darth Gerber a slim vote of confidence.

Better watch out for all the Toskala truthers. I got burned at the stake last year for standing on the Nabby side of that Sharks decision until Nabokov BLOWED UP all season long. There are still Toskala fans saying he is the better tender.

Gerber may not have many supporters but Ottawa is sure one of them at this point. He has shown that he can stand on his head at times and plays great when the D is doing their job in front of him. Still, I have even seen posts talking up Alex Auld like he has a shot at taking that job. That is too funny.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would look to address your right wing, you could be playing with just Bernier soooo easily

Dobber Sports Pro

True.

That RW situation is shaky at best. I am not a Havlat believer and Teemu is a \"Who Knows?\" situation.

That is the price that you pay for building such a DOMINANT DEFENSE.

Gerber helps the goaltending with sure wins but going to war with that RW situation is just \"Whistling Past The Graveyard\".
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider