Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crosby & Radulov vs. Giroux & Backstrom

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Crosby & Radulov vs. Giroux & Backstrom

Which combo do you like better in a points only keep 7?

would be a trade of my G and Back for Crosby which would open up a spot to keep Rad and I would be asking for a pick coming back along with Sid.

Crosby seems like a floor of 80 with a ceiling still at 100 and pretty safe bet for 85-90

Backstrom still in the 70-80 range but maybe emergence of Kuz cuts into his numbers a bit going forward?

Giroux also probably 70-80 with some injury risk and settling in closer to his floor

Radulov is the wild card and could range from 60-80 with the longest shot of the bunch of reaching his ceiling

If Giroux finishes with 70 and Rad at 60 or 65 then the jump from Backstrom to Crosby makes this seem worthwhile, especially if I can get a pick out of it.

All input and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Crosby & Radulov vs. Giroux & Backstrom

The Giroux and Backstrom side. Giroux is top scorer in NHL over the past 5 years. and Backstrom is pretty consistent.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The Crosby side for me. I'm not one that is doubting Rads from stupid decisions made when a kid.

Dobber Sports Guru

Depending on the pick you're getting with Crosby (and you should get a good one -- you're giving up two slam dunk keepers), I think I lean toward Crosby/Radulov too.
    Make sure you maximize though. Just because you have the luxury of keeping Rads, doesn't mean you should gift two great keepers to another owner.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

The Great One

Giroux and Backstrom for me. They are the safer option. Radulov is such a wildcard that I don't want any part of him. He could post 75 pts or 55 pts.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Very even responses so far. Pretty much what I was expecting as this is a very close one in my eyes.

I'm looking at getting a 2nd rounder with Sid. This pick will net me a top 10 dman or top 5 goalie so it's not insignificant...

I generally tend to go with the proven stars but also aim for the best player available in any deal as its only a keep 7 so this deal conflicts me.

I believe if all 4 forwards reach their ceiling this year the Crosby side wins outright. Also, although Giroux and Backstrom have been among the elite over the past 5 years I see them on the decline slightly and wouldn't mind capitalizing on their current value to grab Sid

Dobber Sports Titan

What I want to know before choosing is how deep a league this is, and how easily Rads is replaced if he doesn't produce.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Giroux - 70 v Crosby 90?
    Backstrom 80 v Radulov 60

dead heat for me - I'm probably more convinced that the gap between Sid and Giroux s closer though so lean towards the Backstrom side
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    What I want to know before choosing is how deep a league this is, and how easily Rads is replaced if he doesn't produce.
    fairly shallow league... should be able to grab a couple more 60-65 pt forwards in the draft safely and potentially get a 70+ if I'm lucky.

So I can easily replace Rad if he falls below his perceived floor but his ceiling is tantalizing along with crosby

Dobber Sports Deity

Haven't we already discussed this in a previous thread??
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Chunks View Post
    fairly shallow league... should be able to grab a couple more 60-65 pt forwards in the draft safely and potentially get a 70+ if I'm lucky.

So I can easily replace Rad if he falls below his perceived floor but his ceiling is tantalizing along with crosby
    I don't like Rad's ceiling, but I'll take the Crosby side here.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Crosby side, until his picture is removed from the Dobber Banner
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Superstar

Limited keeper, you want to try and consolidate your talent so I take Crosby.

I'm not sold as Radulov as your seventh keeper, but from the sounds of it, you should be able to upgrade that 7th keeper slot relatively easily, so that makes Crosby the better choice here I think.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the input!

with the strength of my top 6 I should be able to take a risk on Radulov and draft the safer more consistent options and I can always upgrade that 7th spot through the year if he doesn't pan out

Dobber Sports Padawan

If I'm giving up Backstrom and Giroux I'd want a little bit more than a pick...and Radulov has zero appeal to me.

I've declined similar offers for Crosby (giroux/malkin and giroux/ovi).

You say you expect the pick to give you a top 10 dman or top 5 goalie, but do you mean from the available non keepers? Or from the league in its entirety? Because the difference between the two is probably pretty huge.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray