Thread: Martin Jones for Panarin/Vasy

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Martin Jones for Panarin/Vasy

I have Rask, Reimer, G. Sparks as well; is this a decent move for me to make at this point? It leaves me a tad weaker in net at the present but I'm wondering if grabbing Panarin is worth the price tag at this point.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Martin Jones for Panarin/Vasy

NO! Step away from the screen. Put your hands in your pockets. Do not touch anything! Run, hands still in pockets, arms not swinging, as far away from this deal as possible.

Until Vasilevskiy earns the starting job, signs a contract that pays him to be the starting goalie and then puts up one elite fantasy season you do not trade Martin Jones for him. As for Panarin, you start 2 F at each position per day and keep 4 forwards, he is not needed when you have Domi, Kuznetsov, Lee and MacKinnon on the farm and Lucic and Turris sitting there as non-keepers.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Jedi

On the surface it looks like a really good deal. It does leave you really weak in goal though.

Reimer gets the nod in October, early Nov. as the starter. Sparks doesn't sound like he's getting a sniff in Sept. (they're hunting for a backup - UFA/trade) That leaves you with Rask, 2 back ups and a meh prospect (being Sparks).

Trade from strength - acquire to fill weakness - meaning if you remove a player from a position, you have coverage to deal with that loss. You don't have coverage for this loss.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

ditto, Vasy almost equal Jones IMO long term anyways, but perhaps maybe not this year, and Panarin is rock star. No dice.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    NO! Step away from the screen. Put your hands in your pockets. Do not touch anything! Run, hands still in pockets, arms not swinging, as far away from this deal as possible.

Until Vasilevskiy earns the starting job, signs a contract that pays him to be the starting goalie and then puts up one elite fantasy season you do not trade Martin Jones for him. As for Panarin, you start 2 F at each position per day and keep 4 forwards, he is not needed when you have Domi, Kuznetsov, Lee and MacKinnon on the farm and Lucic and Turris sitting there as non-keepers.
    This.

Great post Moses.

You need to upgrade that RW spot though. Nichushkin is a very bad keeper and he probably won't top 45 points next season.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Genius

Keep Jones...
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

Another +1 for Moses here.
    In certain leagues, this would be a deal worth considering, but in your setup, the values are shifted, and it isn't that close.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

This is why I sell Vas right now... if this brave soul hadn't come to us first he would have been mugged off... BTW without Jones, and without seeing how Reimer fits in Florida, I'd be worried about your goalies
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Why aren't u keeping Byfuglien in a winger slot instead of Nuke, and thus keeping Carlson as your 2nd defender? I'm guessing because he doesn't have wing eligibility in ur league, but if he does, u should really fix those keepers.

No to the trade because you have a win now roster. Jones helps you win now, Vas doesn't.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ex_factor View Post
    Why aren't u keeping Byfuglien in a winger slot instead of Nuke, and thus keeping Carlson as your 2nd defender? I'm guessing because he doesn't have wing eligibility in ur league, but if he does, u should really fix those keepers.
    If he doesn't have wing eligibility then I would still be keeping Lucic over Nichushkin.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)