Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 Defensemen

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default 2 Defensemen

Anyone ever considered keeping 2 d men? Guys like Karlsson, Klingberg, Subban, OEL...
    H2H Keeper league (7 keepers)

SKaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FOW
    Goalies: Wins, GAA, SV%, SO

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2 Defensemen

Not too sure what you mean. If the best 7 players on your team are all Dmen, then you keep those 7.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I guess I'm just curious what thoughts are on keeping 2 D. In my case, it's more likely to be able to trade 2 fwd keepers for an upgraded fwd keeper, thus leaving a hole. I'd like to know thoughts on filling that whole with a Dman (Klingberg) instead of a fwd (i.e. someone like Mark Stone - a lower tier 2 type of fwd).

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Not too sure what you mean. If the best 7 players on your team are all Dmen, then you keep those 7.
    If the 7 best players on your team are all Dmen, you are doing something seriously wrong. LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JBennett View Post
    I guess I'm just curious what thoughts are on keeping 2 D. In my case, it's more likely to be able to trade 2 fwd keepers for an upgraded fwd keeper, thus leaving a hole. I'd like to know thoughts on filling that whole with a Dman (Klingberg) instead of a fwd (i.e. someone like Mark Stone - a lower tier 2 type of fwd).
    It depends on the context of your situation. You are pretty vague in your statement. Without knowing things like the size of your roster, how many you keep, the size of your league, your league's setup for categories, etc, etc, etc, it's hard to give an accurate reply to your question.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm keeping 4 dmen if that helps
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If the 7 best players on your team are all Dmen, you are doing something seriously wrong. LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

It depends on the context of your situation. You are pretty vague in your statement. Without knowing things like the size of your roster, how many you keep, the size of your league, your league's setup for categories, etc, etc, etc, it's hard to give an accurate reply to your question.
    You never know what the league set-up could be… 5x points for Dmen or something strange like that.

I agree we need more info to properly give you advice here.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Sorry, I guess I'm not entirely aware of all the different sit-ups. A goal is a goal and an assist is an assist with no extra benefits based on player position. 12 teams, Roster of 20. I believe the other information can be found in my signature. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by JBennett View Post
    Sorry, I guess I'm not entirely aware of all the different sit-ups. A goal is a goal and an assist is an assist with no extra benefits based on player position. 12 teams, Roster of 20. I believe the other information can be found in my signature. Thanks!
    Your signature isn't showing up, that may be why we are a little confused...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hmm I'll have to check that out.

This is what I see:
    H2H Keeper league (7 keepers)

SKaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FOW
    Goalies: Wins, GAA, SV%, SO

Dobber Sports Titan

It showed up in the first post, but not after that.
    We would need to know the players though on your team -- the point of my comment earlier, was that position does not matter to me, I keep the best players.
    If your D includes Karlsson, Subban, OEL and Kling, then you have four awesome keeper options, depending on who else is on your roster.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Fair enough. I was really just wondering if people thought it blasphemy to keep 2 D haha.

Potential keepers:
    Benn
    Seguin
    Hall
    Kucherov
    Kopitar
    OEL
    Klingberg
    Mark Stone
    Lundqvist (7th keeper, so 6 of the above)

Like I mentioned earlier, making a 2 for 1 trade to upgrade would probably be the only reason to keep 2 D.

Dobber Sports Titan

Definitely not blasphemy.

Benn
    Seguin
    Hall
    Kucherov
    OEL
    Klingberg
    Lundqvist

These are my 7 keepers, picked pretty easily.
    If you can upgrade Hank and Kopitar to Bishop or something, then I would recommend that.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I fully agree with you. Only thing holding me back with that is the FOW Kopitar brings. He is aging though... any other suggestions of realistic goalies I could possibly get from trade? I'm reserved about Bishop being that this will probably be his last year in Tampa.

Dobber Sports Titan

TB is not making Bishop better. He will be a top tier goalie no matter where he goes.

I doubt you're getting Price/Holtby (but worth a shot).
    Add a plus on, and maybe you can work on Rask/Schneider/Crawford/Jones.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ours is a keep 6. Stats G, A, +/-, Sog, PPP, hits, d-pts, with that I'm considering keeping 2 dmen this year (Klingberg, Letang) due to the d-pt scoring category. All depends on scoring and players to choose from as keepers.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson