Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DRAFT DAY: #4-Keller, Tkachuk or Dubois?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: DRAFT DAY: #4-Keller, Tkachuk or Dubois?

No need to worry... Clayton Keller has been selected 7th. Thanks for the help guys.

so to recap...

Finished 2nd last (should have had a shot at Laine...) but linked to the Oilers I fell to the 4th overall
    Finding the pick between Dubois and Tkachuk to be too daunting, Traded down to 7 and added Vessey
    Selected Keller with the 7th pick.

So today I added Vesey and Keller (and still have another 1st rounder to go). So far so good.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'm just worried Jost is going to get "Bergeron'd" or "Toews'd". So good defensively that it limits his offensive upside.
    It's a real concern with him for sure. I think that 2-way play already makes him more of 'sure bet' prospect to make the NHL and be productive. Depending on formats, esp. those with FOW Bergeron & Toews hold significant value. If he gets' Toews'd instead of John Maddened I'll be happy with that.

I think a lot of the hype on Keller is a by-product of Kyle Connor, not wanting the next NCAA dynamo to drop in the draft. If we could fast-forward five years, I think they have similar ceilings in terms of points 65-70 but Jost will be a better all-round player while putting up those points.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    It's a real concern with him for sure. I think that 2-way play already makes him more of 'sure bet' prospect to make the NHL and be productive. Depending on formats, esp. those with FOW Bergeron & Toews hold significant value. If he gets' Toews'd instead of John Maddened I'll be happy with that.

I think a lot of the hype on Keller is a by-product of Kyle Connor, not wanting the next NCAA dynamo to drop in the draft. If we could fast-forward five years, I think they have similar ceilings in terms of points 65-70 but Jost will be a better all-round player while putting up those points.
    Yea, while this league is "multicat" and includes FOW, the point value for faceoss is so minimal that it's not really a decision influencer.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    No need to worry... Clayton Keller has been selected 7th. Thanks for the help guys.

so to recap...

Finished 2nd last (should have had a shot at Laine...) but linked to the Oilers I fell to the 4th overall
    Finding the pick between Dubois and Tkachuk to be too daunting, Traded down to 7 and added Vessey
    Selected Keller with the 7th pick.

So today I added Vesey and Keller (and still have another 1st rounder to go). So far so good.
    Solid day so far!

When's the next pick of yours?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Solid day so far!

When's the next pick of yours?
    Round 1 pick 23 haha.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Welp... there you have it.

VincentVega made good on his promise to draft Dubois at 5th overall
    Ahem! VintageVibe

I went to bed last night with a huge smile on my face trading Schenn and the 76th overall away for Dumba, Hartnell, Lemieux, and the 44th overall pick knowing I had 5th overall (Dubois or Tkachuk to replace Schenn) and the 13th as well.

I like how the past 24 hours shaped up for both of us, Havana.

Love this league a lot too. Pengwin is the man.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Round 1 pick 23 haha.
    So lots of time for him to decide on something, change his mind, ask us who to pick, and then trade the pick anyways. Sweet! I'm going to go have lunch now then.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    Ahem! VintageVibe

I went to bed last night with a huge smile on my face trading Schenn and the 76th overall away for Dumba, Hartnell, Lemieux, and the 44th overall pick knowing I had 5th overall (Dubois or Tkachuk to replace Schenn) and the 13th as well.

I like how the past 24 hours shaped up for both of us, Havana.

Love this league a lot too. Pengwin is the man.
    This was a huge haul for Schenn by the way lol. Curious to see who you were targeting with my 13

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Beauty trade HB!! I like the two guys you acquired!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..