Thread: Who Finished Dead Last?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Who Finished Dead Last?

Following the topic of order of finish in the East
    HERE, who do you think finishes dead last in the NHL this year? Funny enough, I think that all the \"contenders\" are from the East...

Panthers
    Islanders
    Leafs
    Thrashers

My gut says Islanders or Thrashers, but I really want to say Leafs!
    Full Keeper Team, straight points, no PIMs:
    C Under construction
    LW Under construction
    RW Under construction
    D Under construction
    G Under construction
    Farm Under construction

Dobber Sports Master

My vote is for Islanders.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Ninja

I am going to say the Islanders as well. As bad as the Leafs look on paper, they will win a bunch of games at the end of the year as usual and creep up a few spots.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Isles. And it has nothing to do with my name or my sig. :laugh: That team is just God awful except for Dipietro & Okposo.

The other teams are really bad, but the Isles are BAAAAAD! The only other team I can see \"competeing\" with them for worst team is Atlanta. They\'re both really freakin\' bad.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

My bottom 4 hopefuls:

Atlanta
    Toronto
    NYI
    Vancouver

My ultimate wish would be vancouver squeaks into the 8th playoff spot and wins the Cup. Somehow i don\'t see that happening so in lieu of, I\'d like to see Vancouver come dead last this year, or at least win the lottery. I think they have a chance when Sundin doesn\'t sign here, but their D core and Luongo is so strong they will probably tie and steal too many games.

They\'d probably draft Victor Hedman given first pick but I\'d want them to select Tavares. We need a better offensive core.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    18 team H2H Points only keeper league. 6FW 4D 1G

Kopitar, Kane, Backstrom, Giroux, Berglund, Elias, Steen, J Jokinen
    Byfuglien, OEL, Yandle,
    Rinne

Dobber Sports Ninja

Atlanta is likely going to be very bad this year and the Isles are just okay if DiPietro is healthy...BUT what are the odds DiPi will stay healthy all year?

Mark my words, Florida will surprise this year. They may not make the playoffs, but they will contend.

With all the moves Tampa has made over the summer, they will still fall short thanks to goaltending and a lack of experience on the blue line.

Edit: Forgot to include Toronto. Some people in their organization \"get it\" and know that they need to fail badly in order to move ahead. I\'m not convinced they are the worst in the East.

One of their problems is Toskala - he\'s a fine goalie and will bail T.O. out on many nights. This year, the Leafs are an interesting collection of prospects, suspects and rejects.

In the end, Toronto will likely screw it up and win enough games to ensure that they miss out on a top two pick.:S
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket