Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kashing in on Karlsson?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Kashing in on Karlsson?

Continuously moving out your older players when they still have significant value for younger players who are established but haven't reached full value should avoid ever needing to tear down everything for a complete rebuild. Moving a couple vets for solid return and 1-2 waiver adds and you could find yourself banging on the door in no time.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Karlsson has 8-10 more years of exceptional fantasy production still to come. He is the anchor of your franchise. Only trade him if you are blown away by the offer. You are good at this shit and you will have that team competing in rapid fashion.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Although I understand less about the whole not believing in Re-builds. but that was less so my point of the thread.
    The mindset to get young overtakes the mindset of winning trades. Regardless of where you are now if you win a bunch of trades in a row you end up with a contender. Karlsson is a key piece for a championship team and IMO he'll still be one in three or five years.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Karlsson has 8-10 more years of exceptional fantasy production still to come. He is the anchor of your franchise. Only trade him if you are blown away by the offer. You are good at this shit and you will have that team competing in rapid fashion.
    Thanks fella! Yeah, this is quite the change for me. Never started off so far behind the 8 ball and far less experienced in this style of play. But Damn!!! It's fun trying. This league takes fantasy hockey to an entirely different level. I'm used to dominance... So even more greatfull for the brotherhood of support here while I dip my toe into less experienced waters.

Dobber Sports Stud

LOL.. what sucks about being in this league is that it is full of Dobberites.. We can't post trade evaluations and we probably PM the same people..

Thanks EB, Axe and whoever else I pm for thoughts..

I

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    LOL.. what sucks about being in this league is that it is full of Dobberites.. We can't post trade evaluations and we probably PM the same people..

I can't say it hasn't happened haha. I'm giving the same advice no matter how many sides of the deal I see though.

If you guys don't mind losing a PM sounding board, and have a spot come open, let me know. Competitive leagues like this one seems to be are always fun to join.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

^^^ NO WAY!! Im keeping you far from this league...

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

^^^ NO WAY!! Im keeping you far from this league...
    Was worth the try. Instead I'll just gain the trust of all of you, and make you my puppets
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Moving Karlsson isn't something you do unless you get an offer you simply can't refuse. Chances are, when you see that, you won't need our advice.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I
    Ditto! ROFLMAO! But frustrating just the same! What's Dobber 2.0 in times like these?

BTW jouko failed to impress on his offer. Damn fine but not fine enough. Fizz and I, ironically came the closest I think. But Fizz decided to be boring and keep the dumb pick!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Moving Karlsson isn't something you do unless you get an offer you simply can't refuse. Chances are, when you see that, you won't need our advice.
    Thank you sir! I guess I was getting a little antsy. I'm not usually the one to have the patience to deal with rebuilds... Which is just simply a fact of how my team ended up out of year 1. Note to self and all... 16th over all in an inaugural draft of 24 teams SUCKS! I mean I managed to nab Karlsson with that pick which I think was a win... But damn!!!!!

Dobber Sports Genius

This thread continues to beat despite you saying you'd keep EK hours ago..........lubb dubb, lubb, dubb, lubb dubb....
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Was also offered D.Strome, Nylander and Dumba. That raised my eye brow but I'm not to high on Dumba.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    This thread continues to beat despite you saying you'd keep EK hours ago..........lubb dubb, lubb, dubb, lubb dubb....
    Ok ok... Shut it down...

(These kind of moves just get my fantasy juices flowing!!! )

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Not sure I can reap the rewards of having Karlsson on my team as I wait for my limited young talent to improve.
    Sounds just like the Senators. They're not moving him and neither should you
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

there is a reason why Karlsson's picture is one of the 4 featured on the dobber banner. 'Keeping Karlsson' is a good rule of thumb to apply. At least until his next contract.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington