Thread: Will Crouse make the Panthers?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Will Crouse make the Panthers?

What are your thoughts on Lawson Crouse staying with the Panthers full-time beyond his 9-game stint?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Will Crouse make the Panthers?

There's room for him in the top 9, but if they bring in another top 9 forward before the season starts then I think he'll get his 9 games. Obviously he'll have to impress at camp, but wasn't he supposed to be the most physically ready player of his draft class? I put his odds at staying past the 9 game mark at slightly better than 50/50.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

There is room for him to make the team but it's far from a given. They brought in McCann, Marchessault and Sceviour who can all play bottom-six on the wing and they also have guys like Rau, Brickley and Thornton in the mix. Unless Crouse makes a splash I think he'll get his nine games and that's it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

less than 10% for me... stranger things have happened but TBH for both him and the Panthers I don't think he should
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Probably not. The Panthers are a playoff team now, so they'll likely let their prospects develop properly in juniors/minors and fill their final roster spots with cheap veteran players.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    There is room for him to make the team but it's far from a given. They brought in McCann, Marchessault and Sceviour who can all play bottom-six on the wing and they also have guys like Rau, Brickley and Thornton in the mix. Unless Crouse makes a splash I think he'll get his nine games and that's it.
    Agree with Eric, their bottom 6 is too crowded after the moves that he will really need to impress to stick.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think it would be best for him to head back to the OHL. Kingston is losing a lot of players this season, so Crouse will have the opportunity to dominate as the top-dog and build some more confidence on the offensive side of the puck.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin