Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: McDavid for Eichel, Murray and Laine

The Great One

Default Re: McDavid for Eichel, Murray and Laine

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    It was more of a contribution on my end because he'd be giving up 3 keepers and another one next year in Laine and only getting McDavid back. I'm a reasonable man like that. I think the value is fine with Strome in there.
    exactly = why break the trade for the sake of a potential late round pick
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Legend

So that massive overpay may be coming to fruition...

I told the would-be buyer that it's time to knock some socks or beat it.

My offer: McDavid and Ryan Strome for Eichel, Gaudreau, Murray and #2 (Laine)

He's humming but not so much hawing. He's going to try and keep Laine or Murray out of it, but if I can get all four pieces, I think I'll have to do it.

Gaudreau - Should be a consistent 75-85 point player with a 90 point ceiling
    Eichel - Should be a consistent 75-85 point player with a 95 point ceiling
    Laine - Should be a consistent 65-75 point player with a 80 point ceiling
    Murray - Could be a consistent high-end starting goaltender on a good team.. will have to wait for it

All in favour of this if it's accepted?
    Adding in Gaudreau for Strome puts this in the YES category for me.

Gaudreau might challenge McDavid for an Art Ross soon - he's a beast.

I'm sorry but Eichel, Gaudreau, Laine and Murray is a SICK haul for McDavid and Strome.

Even if McDavid flirts with 90-105 every year in his prime, these guys could all be in the 75-95 range. I see Strome more of a 70-75 guy.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm not sure Gaudreau will ever be an Art Ross contender. But it does seem like he's already consistently established himself in the 75-85 point range.

Dobber Sports Jedi

It was more of a contribution on my end because he'd be giving up 3 keepers and another one next year in Laine and only getting McDavid back. I'm a reasonable man like that. I think the value is fine with Strome in there.
    I'm all about eating my competition alive. I want max value for minimal loss. I would have left Strome out unless he said he needed more. Let him add players from your team and you evaluate from that point. Get 3 keepers for 1? Saweet. Now that he's in the deal.. he's in the deal.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Personally I would pull the trigger for sure if I could get Gaudreau, Eichel, Murray, Laine for McDavid and Strome. No question.

If I could have the trade go through AFTER draft so I can keep more guys, that would make me even happier.

Dobber Sports Stud

All great stuff fellas.

I wouldn't be able to pull this off after the keeper lock date as he'll be out there making moves for keepers if/when this one goes through.

Luca, you're right about feasting on your opponents, but of my team, Strome is the least valuable so I put him in, rather than having to try and negotiate down from someone like Kessel or Kopitar.

I've decided to make this move if he gives me all four pieces. If he won't budge past three of the four, then we'll let the discussion continue and see if it's still worth it without Murray or Laine... And me keeping Strome, of course.

Dobber Sports Pro

If he won't budge past three of the four, then we'll let the discussion continue and see if it's still worth it without Murray or Laine... And me keeping Strome, of course.
    Stand firm. If he wants McD bad enough, hes gotta pay the price.