Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: McDavid for Eichel, Murray and Laine

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: McDavid for Eichel, Murray and Laine

So that massive overpay may be coming to fruition...

I told the would-be buyer that it's time to knock some socks or beat it.

My offer: McDavid and Ryan Strome for Eichel, Gaudreau, Murray and #2 (Laine)

He's humming but not so much hawing. He's going to try and keep Laine or Murray out of it, but if I can get all four pieces, I think I'll have to do it.

Gaudreau - Should be a consistent 75-85 point player with a 90 point ceiling
    Eichel - Should be a consistent 75-85 point player with a 95 point ceiling
    Laine - Should be a consistent 65-75 point player with a 80 point ceiling
    Murray - Could be a consistent high-end starting goaltender on a good team.. will have to wait for it

All in favour of this if it's accepted?
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post

He's humming but not so much hawing. He's going to try and keep Laine or Murray out of it, but if I can get all four pieces, I think I'll have to do it.

Murray - Could be a consistent high-end starting goaltender on a good team.. will have to wait for it

That sounds pretty good. But like you said, don't take anything less.

Dobber Sports Titan

It's still tough to trade McDavid, but that's a solid deal. I could get behind it if you were to accept it. That being said, personally I probably still wouldn't, as I would find it easier to upgrade the rest of my spots (I'm all about consolidation).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Easy accept, assuming your goal is to win the pool - as opposed to being a McD owner.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Easy accept, assuming your goal is to win the pool - as opposed to being a McD owner.
    Yeah it's my offer. If he's willing to put forth all four pieces, it's a go.

Hell, I may even do it for Gaudreau, Eichel and Laine and keep Strome...but don't tell him that

The Great One

Yeah it's my offer. If he's willing to put forth all four pieces, it's a go.

Hell, I may even do it for Gaudreau, Eichel and Laine and keep Strome...but don't tell him that
    I'm sure you would!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    best post in here
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Expert

Depends on how many players you dress every week

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I happen to own ALL players involved in your trade scenario (see my signature).

As much as I am drooling over Conor McJesus and to me he is by far the #1 keeper player (Sorry Dobber), that package of Eichel, Murray and #2 is too good to pass up. I would make that deal if I were you especially since you owned the previous McDavid owner in my opinion.

If you do though, you gotta consider the possibility that the guy with the #1 overall pick takes Laine and you are left with Matthews. From a position standpoint does that hurt your team? Food for thought.

DO IT!
    12-team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (10 keepers)
    Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, SHOTS BLOCKED, W, GAA, Saves, Save%

Original draft was 2015
    Year #1 = Tanked hard (finished last)
    Year #2 = Playoff League Champion
    Year #3 = Lost in Playoffs but traded Murray for 2nd best odds at #1. (Will draft Dahlin).

10 Keepers
    Keepers: C.McDavid (C), J.Eichel (C), A.Matthews (C), P.Laine (LW-RW), J.Gaudreau (LW), N.Ehlers (LW-RW), C.Keller (LW), T.Rask (G), A.Vasilevskiy (G) + ??? (Keeper #10)
    Potential Keepers : J.Saros, T.Demko, M.Sergachev, M.Duchene, J.Puljujarvi.
    Other Players: Not worth mentioning...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    Depends on how many players you dress every week
    We starts eight forwards, four defenders and two goalies every week. Not making the trade sets me up for most weeks - barring injury, poor schedule/matchups.. with:

McDavid
    Kane
    Benn
    Ovechkin
    Kopitar
    Kessel
    Thronton
    Hornqvist

Making the trade...

Kane
    Benn
    Ovechkin
    Gaudreau
    Kopitar
    Kessel
    Thornton
    Eichel/Laine/Horny

Goaltenders will stay mostly the same with Jones and Lundqvist getting most starts but having Vasilevskiy and Murray behind is pretty tasty for the next wave

Without Gaudreau included (original offer from him) I'm a weaker team next year but it has the potential to pay off long-term. I am in a win now with multiple players already crested the 30 year mark and a couple more heading there now.

With Johnny Hockey included, my team is slightly ​weaker, but the depth is greater and the long term gain is big time

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by spacecowboy View Post
    I happen to own ALL players involved in your trade scenario (see my signature).

As much as I am drooling over Conor McJesus and to me he is by far the #1 keeper player (Sorry Dobber), that package of Eichel, Murray and #2 is too good to pass up. I would make that deal if I were you especially since you owned the previous McDavid owner in my opinion.

If you do though, you gotta consider the possibility that the guy with the #1 overall pick takes Laine and you are left with Matthews. From a position standpoint does that hurt your team? Food for thought.

DO IT!
    Fortunately, I can say with (almost) 100% confidence that the guy sitting at #1 is taking Matthews. He's a safe GM and isn't a big researcher. I'm not sure he even knows how good Laine is.

I think I'll have a hard time taking the original offer. As much as I like to hear that you believe I won the trade that brought me McDavid, I have to ask myself if I would have traded EK, Ehlers and Hellebuyck for Eichel, Laine, Murray and Ryan Strome.

The answer is probably yes (although I hold Karlsson in serious high regard) but I sacrificed depth to get McDavid because I could afford it. To turn around and sell him for depth that isn't wildly better than what I had before doesn't seem like a super sweet move.

Believe me though, I'm loving and appreciating all this dialogue. My fantasy hockey world revolves around writing and scouting for people like you guys and making trades!

...and this trade has me head scratching more than any other in the past

Dobber Sports Prodigy

For me, unless I'm getting established, proven point producers (Crosby, Ovy, Malkin, Seguin, Kane, etc.), I wouldn't move McDavid. Eichel, Laine and Murray SHOULD be good and have a lot of potential but none of them will be on McDavid's level. McDavid finished 3rd in ppg last year so you know what to expect from him in the future. The other guys, who knows.

I suggest (not sure if you have already) announcing to the league that McDavid is available and a deal is on the table. You might get a GM who's willing to offer more.

If you are to make the deal, I don't think you need to be including Strome.
    H2H, 12 Teams, Full Keeper
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - McDavid, Kadri, Zibanejad, Stastny
    LW - Pacioretty, Hoffman, Brown
    RW - Pastrnak, Radulov, Neal
    D - Letang, Ellis, Edler, Muzzin, Orlov, Weber
    G - Vasilevskiy, Dubnyk, Talbot

FARM:
    C - McLeod
    LW - Bellows, DeBrusk
    RW - Aberg
    D - Makar, Nurse
    G - Sorokin, Soderstrom

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by fantasy junkie View Post
    For me, unless I'm getting established, proven point producers (Crosby, Ovy, Malkin, Seguin, Kane, etc.), I wouldn't move McDavid. Eichel, Laine and Murray SHOULD be good and have a lot of potential but none of them will be on McDavid's level. McDavid finished 3rd in ppg last year so you know what to expect from him in the future. The other guys, who knows.

I suggest (not sure if you have already) announcing to the league that McDavid is available and a deal is on the table. You might get a GM who's willing to offer more.

If you are to make the deal, I don't think you need to be including Strome.
    I'd be including Strome simply because I wouldn't have the keeper numbers to hold on to him, and I view him as my least valuable keeper at the moment. That said, I could hold on to him and try and deal him elsewhere for a pick or even keep him in this swap and get a 3rd round included coming back my way.

As far as putting McDavid on the block.. the previous McDavid owner did that about a month ago and I was the guy who got him..meaning there wasn't a crazy offer out there. However, you never know as this offer for him to me now, seems like a bigger package than what I paid to get him. Perhaps I'll quietly let a couple teams know he could be flipped.. as there really is only a couple teams that would have the pieces necessary to make this work.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd be including Strome simply because I wouldn't have the keeper numbers to hold on to him, and I view him as my least valuable keeper at the moment. That said, I could hold on to him and try and deal him elsewhere for a pick or even keep him in this swap and get a 3rd round included coming back my way.

As far as putting McDavid on the block.. the previous McDavid owner did that about a month ago and I was the guy who got him..meaning there wasn't a crazy offer out there. However, you never know as this offer for him to me now, seems like a bigger package than what I paid to get him. Perhaps I'll quietly let a couple teams know he could be flipped.. as there really is only a couple teams that would have the pieces necessary to make this work.
    You're giving him away for free. Dropping him will have the same effect if you're going to throw him into a trade as a freebee. I'd rather hold him and trade him like you mentioned for a pick or prospect - something of value in a second deal versus giving him away
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Are you able to wait until after the draft to make the trade?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    You're giving him away for free. Dropping him will have the same effect if you're going to throw him into a trade as a freebee. I'd rather hold him and trade him like you mentioned for a pick or prospect - something of value in a second deal versus giving him away
    It was more of a contribution on my end because he'd be giving up 3 keepers and another one next year in Laine and only getting McDavid back. I'm a reasonable man like that. I think the value is fine with Strome in there.