Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: McDavid for Eichel, Murray and Laine

Dobber Sports Stud

Default McDavid for Eichel, Murray and Laine

Hello All,

You know I have to bounce these major trade talks by you.. It's just my way.

So I've owned McDavid for about a minute and the flood of offers are already pouring in. The best of which is Eichel, Murray and the #2 pick this year (Laine)

I came back with McDavid and Ryan Strome for Eichel, Murray, Drouin and Laine but we'll have to wait and see his response as he's in the land down under so timing is always an issue.

For reference, I dealt Karlsson, Hellebuyck and Ehlers for McDavid, Strome and some picks.

My question is, would you make the original offer of Eichel/Murray/Laine, hold out for more, or stand pat with the generational talent?

Team and League in signature.

Thanks! Rep rep
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

The Great One

Default Re: McDavid for Eichel, Murray and Laine

Easiest way to answer this - would you have traded Karlsson, Helly and Ehlers for Laine, Murray and Eichel?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Easiest way to answer this - would you have traded Karlsson, Helly and Ehlers for Laine, Murray and Eichel?
    Oh I've looked at it that way.. it's a tricky one.

Karlsson > Eichel
    Laine > Ehlers
    Murray>/Hellebuyck Slight edge to Murray but long term they both look like stud #1's.

and I suppose in this aggregate deal I also get Ryan Strome and two 2nd round picks from the original McDavid trade so that helps push the needle a touch too.
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

The Great One

For me that's how I'd rank them but the gap between Eichel and Karlsson is the biggest. Now do I think you can squeeze a bit more? Possibly based on what you've just moved but you have made a premium back on this.

Pwrsonally I prefer the depth to owning McDavid as an injury at the wrong time can really derail championships - McDavud is a luxury player and until your squad is deep enough (which only you know by looking st your nearest rivals) it's generally one you don't really want. If your squad is deep, and you aren't strengthening a rival by improving their depth then it's a deal I do.

is that a really long way of saying - maybe lol

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah that Karlsson gap is a big one.. I think Eichel can close it significantly in the coming years... I see him as a real threat to be a 90 point guy in 2-3.

I gave up depth to get McDavid..because I had by far the most assets in my league. Now I can flip him right away for more and potentially better depth.

I trade an awful lot and my motto is, does it make sense and is it a win? If both those answers are yes, then I'll do it.

I just wonder, is that aggregate an easy win? I'd like it a whole lot more to get Drouin coming in and Strome heading out so we'll see where that line of negotiations goes.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Expert

You should keep McDavid, in a weekly league you need to have the best players possible even more than in a daily one, a good and deep bench is not so important.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    You should keep McDavid, in a weekly league you need to have the best players possible even more than in a daily one, a good and deep bench is not so important.
    the only time I'd agree with that is if it is weekly line ups... Daily you need the best squad

Dobber Sports Stud

I always try and maximize each keeper and starting spot which is how I justified paying up for McDavid at the cost of EK. Luckily I snagged Klingberg the next day to replace him (sort of)

That said, I'm very high on both Eichel and Laine as major producers, especially Eichel. Murray seems like a bonus franchise guy in the next 1-3 years.

I guess with my justification it seems like I kind of want to make the swap but to move McD, it's gotta be a no brainer which it doesn't appear this offer is.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    the only time I'd agree with that is if it is weekly line ups... Daily you need the best squad
    Well it is weekly lineups here and i even wrote it in the sentence you quoted ???!!!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    Well it is weekly lineups here and i even wrote it in the sentence you quoted ???!!!
    My bad - totally mis read what you typed!

Dobber Sports Ace

I've always been a fan of having depth. I would try to sell high on mcdavid and go for eichel, drouin, laine and Murray for him. He gets the best player in the deal, but you get some great depth and are better for it.
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Noddes55 View Post
    I've always been a fan of having depth. I would try to sell high on mcdavid and go for eichel, drouin, laine and Murray for him. He gets the best player in the deal, but you get some great depth and are better for it.
    Depth has tended to come out on top in the history of out league. That and getting hot at the right time. Tough to beat luck

I think I'd be willing to move McDavid (and Strome who I wouldnt have a keeper spot for anymore) for the four pieces. Eichel, Murray, Laine might not quite be enough

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like the move to turn around and get Eichel, Murray, Laine for McDavid. If you can get add Strome & Drouin, that's nicer, but still I like the first deal.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Your trade to land McDavid was a fantastic one. That made your tam better. Adding Klingberg further improved your team. Giving up the best player in the league who's yet to even show a glimpse of what he can do from a fantasy perspective (I believe ) is short sighted.

I think you may live to regret this move. I don't think it improves your team's potential long term.

Put me in the KEEP MCDAVID camp.

Dobber Sports Ace

Dont trade mcdavid
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3