Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Esa Lindell vs Gustav Forsling

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Esa Lindell vs Gustav Forsling

Points only.

Aside from the fact that Esa Lindell will play in the NHL first (my guess is next season) which of him or Gustav Forsling do you like the most offensively in the futere?

Also, what are your offensive production expectations for both?

Thanks!
    Keeper Pool. Points only. Salary Cap 85M$ (yearly salary, not cap hit). 28 GM League.
    Only the best 11F, 4D, 1G of every teams counts in the standing.

Players list here:
    https://ultimatekeeperspool.com/seattle/

The Great One

Default Re: Esa Lindell vs Gustav Forsling

Lindell to win this comfortably. In a perfect storm he will be 45+, Forsling in that same storm will probably top out at 40. Lindell also being in the NHL as soon as next season doesn't even make it a contest (though I know not a factor here)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Master

Aside from the fact that Lindell should be in the NHL sooner, here are a couple other things that make me think Lindell is the better choice here: a) he is bigger and more suited as a defenseman to play in the NHL at all, b) he was drafted higher (3rd round vs. 5th round for Forsling). And yes that matters some, IMO, as teams want to show off/give higher draft picks more chances to succeed, and c) Lindell has had at least one very good year, production wise, in a professional league. Last year's 55 points in the AHL was big. The best Forsling has ever done in a pro league is around 0.40 points per game.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Deity

I think Lindell is the right choice here as well. At the very least, I can see him sliding into Gogo's spot 5 on 5 and on the PP.

I like Forsling long term and think he has the skillset to be a very good NHL Dman. I dont think we see him in Chicago this year. He just signed his ELC earlier this year and part of his contract states that if he doesn't make the Blackhawks, he will return to his team in SWE and will not play in the AHL. If that happens, he doesn't burn a year off his ELC and at only 20 years of age, the Blackhawks are in no hurry for him. I think the recent signing of Brian Campbell pretty much sealed that deal. Not to mention they still have enough bottom six guys already.

Long term, I think Forsling can be just as good as Lindell, but with Dmen, they do take longer to develop. Lindell has a couple years of pro experience on him so right now, he's the smarter choice to go with.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

I like Forsling long term and think he has the skillset to be a very good NHL Dman. I dont think we see him in Chicago this year. He just signed his ELC earlier this year and part of his contract states that if he doesn't make the Blackhawks, he will return to his team in SWE and will not play in the AHL. If that happens, he doesn't burn a year off his ELC and at only 20 years of age, the Blackhawks are in no hurry for him. I think the recent signing of Brian Campbell pretty much sealed that deal. Not to mention they still have enough bottom six guys already.
    h.
    I was just getting ready to post this but Axeman beat me to it (an example of why he's the best).

There is hardly any chance that Forsling starts this season in Chicago since he can go back to Sweeden and not burn a year off his contract. About the only way I could see this happen is if there is a trade (TVR or Pokka) and there is a major injury. But next season he'll be primed for a bottom pairing slot or an AHL stint.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Administrator

Lindell for me without hesitation.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

People are targeting Lindell in their prospect/fantasy drafts and getting excited when he's available at their next pick. There's a lot of hype on him right now - based on his AHL season and then followed by his really strong WC tournament. I haven't seen the same number of comments or posts regarding Forsling - a lot of that has to do with him coming from the SEL and not being followed as closely. A lot will depend on how Forsling adapts to NHL style hockey and the smaller rinks being a smaller player.

Axeman's spot on regarding the signing of Campbell. Unless Forsling blows everyone away at camp, it'll be at least another year before he becomes an option.

Lindell is more inclined to break in this year with Dallas & that's going to push him further ahead of Forsling in terms of development if he makes the team. Forsling draws comparisons to Vatanen & Krug (HF) - those are pretty lofty comparisons. The 45+ to 35-40pt production expectation by Sulla seems like a fair one.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

+1 on Lindell. I don't have very much confidence in Forsling. He will play in the NHL, but fantasy-wise, I would like to see at least a good year in the AHL first...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks alot, guys!

This make my choice much easier. Really appreciated.
    Keeper Pool. Points only. Salary Cap 85M$ (yearly salary, not cap hit). 28 GM League.
    Only the best 11F, 4D, 1G of every teams counts in the standing.

Players list here:
    https://ultimatekeeperspool.com/seattle/

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Aside from the fact that Lindell should be in the NHL sooner, here are a couple other things that make me think Lindell is the better choice here: a) he is bigger and more suited as a defenseman to play in the NHL at all, b) he was drafted higher (3rd round vs. 5th round for Forsling). And yes that matters some, IMO, as teams want to show off/give higher draft picks more chances to succeed, and c) Lindell has had at least one very good year, production wise, in a professional league. Last year's 55 points in the AHL was big. The best Forsling has ever done in a pro league is around 0.40 points per game.
    When did Lindell have 55 points in the AHL? Didnt he only have 42 this past season?
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Stud

we know for sure that forsling will be at best a number 3 dman, since the hawks already have keith and seabrook, but Lindell will get every chance to play on the stars' top d-pairing with klingberg, and will most probably do very well in that spot.
    forsling will be good, Lindell could be really, really good.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    we know for sure that forsling will be at best a number 3 dman, since the hawks already have keith and seabrook, but Lindell will get every chance to play on the stars' top d-pairing with klingberg, and will most probably do very well in that spot.
    I don't think he will even be in the NHL next season so I am not sure how we can say that?

(mind you I am also not sold that Lindell will be on the top pairing in Dallas either for any extended period)

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    The Hawks 2nd best dman is Hjalmarsson (in real life not fantasy) and Q didn't even play Keith and Seabrook together during the regular season that often last year. So we can't really make much more than a guess as to where Forsling could slot in. I could easily envision pairings of Keith/Hammer and Seabrook/Forsling in 2-3 seasons if Forsling develops the way we want.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Are you guys all pretty confident that Lindell will make the jump and perform better than Julius Honka, a former 1st round pick who put up a couple more points than Lindell in the AHL this year? I don't really know much about either defenceman. Sorry to hijack the thread a bit

The Great One

Now that's the question - TBH not one I can answer as I'm high on both (as a Honka owner I hope he's the better but not sure)