Thread: McLeod, Rubtsov or Debrincat with a twist...

Dobber Sports Giant

Default McLeod, Rubtsov or Debrincat with a twist...

Hey all, some of you helped me make up my kind in a previous thread for my past pick. Well McLeod was my target during my previous pick and I ended up selecting Juolevi. Luckily, McLeod is still available now that my next pick is up. The only issue here is that I've been offered my pick for a pick that drafts 2 spots down and an extra later pick (should still have a few notables left at that point).

My question here is what is the drop off if any between McLeod, Rubtsov and Debrincat? If I make the move, I am guaranteed one of these 3 (Kunin and Bellows have already been drafted). Is it worth the risk losing out on McLeod since I am considering him the top dog here?

Thanks in advance!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: McLeod, Rubtsov or Debrincat with a twist...

If you could land one of Rubtsov or McLeod at that point, I'd be happy. Debrincat not as much as the other two. He's definitely third out of those three for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I'd draft McLeod. I strongly suspect Rubtsov and McLeod go next two, leaving you with Debrincat and a later'ish pick. I'd rather own a higher upside player, that two ok'ish type players.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Debrin is def. the highest risk IMO.

I'd take Rubtsov if he's there, highest ceiling of the three. McLeod might end up being the better hockey player, but Rubtsov I'd argue will be the more dynamic & better point producer
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree that I like Rubstov most. I take the deal and cross my fingers that one of McLeod or Rubstov is still there. Swinging for the fences a little, but that's how you make the bigger steps.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

You have been given a gift by still having the chance to take McLeod this late. It would be impolite to refuse it. Coming away with Joulevi and McLeod from the 9th and 21st spots is some damn good/lucky drafting.

Dobber Sports Giant

Ok so from what I getting here, both McLeod and Rubtsov are the standout guys (I like Debrincat but instead of settling for him now which is very likely to happen if I pull the trigger on this one, might as well take one of the 2 other guys and hope he's still there with a later pick)...

Thanks for the feedback guys; most appreciated! I'll rep you all in due time!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay