Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Canucks were quietly looking to “move a player

Administrator

Default Re: Canucks were quietly looking to “move a player

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I know we joke that defensemen that can walk and talk get paid $4m but I even doubt his ability to do that.
    He obviously crushed it when he was asked to chew gum. Otherwise that contract would not have happened.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    No.

Nashville has no need for more 60 point forwards that would play on their third line. They also only have 6mil in cap space, and are a budget team, so I don't see them spending any more than they are.
    Is that really the case anymore? They haven't really made any decisions that would signal that, and I haven't seen any real indicator of that from the owners or Poile. The owners have been fairly open about their willingness to spend money and spend to the cap if necessary. At this point I think it's more that they just haven't needed to spend to the cap and are managing things smartly, than it being a case of them being a budget team.

That said, acquiring the Sedins would be silly. They don't have the cap space, and honestly they don't really have the need to add them.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
    Is that really the case anymore? They haven't really made any decisions that would signal that, and I haven't seen any real indicator of that from the owners or Poile. The owners have been fairly open about their willingness to spend money and spend to the cap if necessary. At this point I think it's more that they just haven't needed to spend to the cap and are managing things smartly, than it being a case of them being a budget team.

That said, acquiring the Sedins would be silly. They don't have the cap space, and honestly they don't really have the need to add them.
    I still think Nashville is a budget team. Just their budget has increased the last couple years with things that are creating extra revenue - playoff games, the all-star game (increasing popularity in Nashville)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    He obviously crushed it when he was asked to chew gum. Otherwise that contract would not have happened.
    Actually what really happened is that Sbisa missed his mouth when he went to put the gum in and Benning didn't notice so Luca used his go-to move: he went through the motions without actually doing anything.

Benning decided that since he wasn't choking the gum test was a success!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Pro

LOL. I still laugh at this

p.s. I wish I could find the video where he talks to EF and talks about how he got in trouble commenting on other teams players, just looks dumbfounded
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Jedi

Too bad someone with half an ownership brain wasn't trying to move in on a hostile takeover to buy the team that will let a GM do his thing
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

"Quietly" isn't exactly been how this team has been managed as of late.

Dobber Sports Genius

You think the Canucks are bad? How about the Avalanche. Those cheap pricks keep trading their top talent away. Stastny gone. ROR gone. Duchene on the block. Barrie on the block or going to arbitration. Now I am hearing rumours their shopping former hard nosed young Calder winning Gab Landeskog?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ninja

At least they are able to identify talent to trade away.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    You think the Canucks are bad? How about the Avalanche. Those cheap pricks keep trading their top talent away. Stastny gone. ROR gone. Duchene on the block. Barrie on the block or going to arbitration. Now I am hearing rumours their shopping former hard nosed young Calder winning Gab Landeskog?
    To be fair, not much of that has been their fault. Stastny left as a free agent because the Avs didn't want to overpay him (a smart move). ROR was on the outs with the Avs for years, even going as far as signing an offer sheet with the Flames at one point. Duchene is a 55-point player stuck with a $6-million cap hit for the next three years, so entertaining offers there is a smart move if they can improve their squad.

As for Barrie and Landeskog, I don't believe they will be traded unless the return is wicked good.

All in all, I think the Avs have done well with their moves, all things considering, and I wouldn't come close to putting them in the Canucks boat.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ace

Yeah, the Avs aren’t in Canucks territory yet in terms of incompetence. However, to Canucks-fan’s point, they are sliding that way.

Soderberg and Pickard are the best moves they’ve done in the past 3 years. Not realizing they were not a playoff team, let alone a contender, last year and buying Boedker was ridiculous. Not addressing their awful defense. Re-upping Roy after misusing top talent and admitting to not caring about puck possession. The list will go on next year I fear.

But at least Sakic is no Benning
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    "Quietly" isn't exactly been how this team has been managed as of late.
    $50 000 worth of "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't Benning is even close to being bad as the coiler management of the last decade.
    and he didn't trade Hall for a sack of pucks.
    Nor did he take on Datysuk's contract while actually giving a second round pick to Holland.
    Nor did he trade JVR for Schenn.
    He has made a few blunders true enough but no worse than other GMs in the league.
    Keep in mind its not your fantasy team.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Dobber Sports Pro

Come, come now gentlemen. Can't we agree that they all suck?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    Nor did he take on Datysuk's contract while actually giving a second round pick to Holland.
    That wasn't a bad trade at all. The Coyotes got the guy they probably had ranked at #8 (they said they considered him at #7). They gave up the 2nd round pick to move up, and they had to take Datsyuk's contract because no one else was willing to move down. That contract costs them absolutely nothing; they don't pay a single dollar to Datsyuk and they don't need the cap space this season. They didn't extract best possible value from taking Datsyuk's contract but they got the guy they badly wanted and needed. It was a win-win situation.

I don't know if Chychrun will become a great player or not but the Coyotes were very high on him, so why not utilize their cap space to get they guy they wanted? Nothing wrong with that.