Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: [TRADE] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Boston wasn't going to trade with Chiarelli.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not in the room with Chiarelli when hes making these calls so I cant exactly answer why he didn't get a puck moving Dman, but I think it's safe to say that he was making the calls to get one and one simply wasn't meant to be.
    Ok...Fair enough. But do you feel there was a rush for this move to be made? I understand Montreal feeling forced to Move Subban, but Did Hall have a NM clause kicking in that would have hindered a move later in the summer?

Dobber Sports Deity

There was nothing in Hall's contract as far as NMC/NTC.

As far as "rushed" goes, I don't know. I doubt it. I think it's safe to say that Chiarelli has been beating down doors for quite some time now. Everyone knew he was shopping for a D and it's not like other GMs didn't know guys like Hall, Eberle, RNH weren't out there for the taking.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

It's too far off IMO. I think hall is worth more than dougie etc, but that deal
    I'd understand. This one I don't. Could I be wrong? Sure. But I don't like that deal at all
    How many years can they "stand pat" and continue to roster too many forwards and not enough Dmen?

They were damned if they do or damned if they don't. At this point, standing pat doesn't seem to be working for the Oilers.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    It's too far off IMO. I think hall is worth more than dougie etc, but that deal
    I'd understand. This one I don't. Could I be wrong? Sure. But I don't like that deal at all
    At this point, the Band-Aid has been ripped off. Here's hoping the wound will heal.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Chiarelli did this in Boston aswell.. Traded Seguin, signed a bunch of players to crazy money that eventually cash strapped the Bruins.. Fast forward a few years and Chiarelli traded Hall and is about to sign Lucic/Demers to crazy money..

NJ fans must be doing cartwheels today!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

At this point, the Band-Aid has been ripped off. Here's hoping the wound will heal.
    agreed. Hockey is much better when the Canadian teams are doing well IMO.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Chiarelli did this in Boston aswell.. Traded Seguin, signed a bunch of players to crazy money that eventually cash strapped the Bruins.. Fast forward a few years and Chiarelli traded Hall and is about to sign Lucic/Demers to crazy money..

NJ fans must be doing cartwheels today!!
    What is it with Chiarelli and setting his teams back in time?!
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Optics. Does this look ANY better if they Sign Lucic and now the deal looks more like Hall for Lucic and Larsson?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    What is it with Chiarelli and setting his teams back in time?!
    Could Edmonton really go any lower? What they have been doing hasn't been working. Time to go in a different direction.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Could Edmonton really go any lower? What they have been doing hasn't been working. Time to go in a different direction.
    Different direction? Yes

But this wreaks of "Wrong Direction".

But I digress... As a Hall Fantasy Owner, I'm starting to come to terms with it. I'm still intrigued with McDavid long term but I wish the Oiler Fans all the best. I need to go decommission my son's and my 6 total Taylor Hall Jersey's and maybe buy a New Jersey or two. (see what I did there)

Dobber Sports Deity

I guess time will tell if it was the wrong direction or not.

I am ready to say that until I see it on the ice.

Dobber Sports Ninja

So many feelings about this trade. My initial reaction to it was much like most people's on here. Now the dust has settled a bit though and I think I'm thinking with a bit of a clearer head.

I think the Oilers took a step in the right direction but i think the masses are right that they definitely did not get good value. And that is thanks in large part to Oilers management sitting on their hands for the last 6 years. Larsson isn't a BAD player...but he's not what they could have gotten if they had really made a concerted effort over the past 6 years to use some of their forward depth to get a top pairing dman IMO. The vibes that came off over the last 6 years is that the Oilers' management was like that one (or few) idiot fantasy hockey managers that refuse to make a deal unless they come out looking like the clear winners.

I've said this before, but I feel like this organization has been too scared to make a move for fear of trading the wrong guy. So they held out, and held out unless somebody blew them away with an offer. But they weren't dealing from a position of strength because everyone saw them toiling away year after year, and knew that they would have to give a little more to get that dman they coveted. And it ended up with them trading the player with the highest value for a "lesser" return. The Oilers are just fortunate that they lucked into McDavid and Puljujarvi because they're still stacked up front even with this deal

Overall, step in the right direction. The optics just look bad and could have been avoided.

Edit: Mind you "value" is all relative really...so I don't know if it's the right word to use.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I think the Oilers took a step in the right direction but i think the masses are right that they definitely did not get good value.
    Agree. The team as a whole will improve due to this deal. But the value of the trade itself was pretty poor. That is what happens when you are bent over a barrel trying to make a trade.

Chiarelli should be sending a massive gift basket to Columbus City for letting Puljujarvi fall to them. That was huge and took a lot of the sting out of this trade.

Dobber Sports Titan

Are Nurse, McDavid, and Draisaitl excempt from expansion? Otherwise they’ll have a tough time keeping D. Klefbom, Sekera (NMC), Larsson, Nurse, Demers (if signed)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Are Nurse, McDavid, and Draisaitl excempt from expansion? Otherwise they’ll have a tough time keeping D. Klefbom, Sekera (NMC), Larsson, Nurse, Demers (if signed)
    McDavid and Draisaitl are. I believe Nurse is as well but I could be wrong there.