Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Bruins preparing an offer sheet for Trouba?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default [Rumor] Bruins preparing an offer sheet for Trouba?

12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: [Rumor] Bruins preparing an offer sheet for Trouba?

Wouldn't surprise me too much. Probably a good fit for them, and would make for a tough decision from WPG.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

It doesn't seem likely to me. Based on their traded draft picks, they'd have to offer a massive contract. Interesting part of the rule that the picks have to be for the upcoming draft, didn't realize that until I looked just now. I think they'd be better served to keep looking at the trade market, heck, they might be able to get Trouba for less than the 4 firsts it would cost them AFTER he signs a new contract in Winnipeg. Definitely think that they'd be able to find a deal to get a top pairing guy for less than 4 firsts though.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Administrator

Most of these never happen even when it makes logical sense.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

The Jets would match any offer. They're pretty firmly against that tactic, and they wouldn't bend if anyone came after one of their players. That's been stated from ownership and Chevy alike.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    It doesn't seem likely to me. Based on their traded draft picks, they'd have to offer a massive contract. Interesting part of the rule that the picks have to be for the upcoming draft, didn't realize that until I looked just now. I think they'd be better served to keep looking at the trade market, heck, they might be able to get Trouba for less than the 4 firsts it would cost them AFTER he signs a new contract in Winnipeg. Definitely think that they'd be able to find a deal to get a top pairing guy for less than 4 firsts though.
    I remember when Gratton accepted an offer sheet from Philly and TB didn't match. Basically the draft picks got traded back to Philly for a package of players so there are work arounds

as Eric said though they rarely happen even when it makes sense (like this one does)

Dobber Sports Master

I pissed myself when I saw a meme floating around twitter with a pic of that elusive Bigfoot with the words ''gm delievering an offer sheet''

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    The Jets would match any offer. They're pretty firmly against that tactic, and they wouldn't bend if anyone came after one of their players. That's been stated from ownership and Chevy alike.
    Jets would be idiotic to match if the Bruins offer a max compensation deal as has been rumoured. Trouba is fine, but he's not a 9 million dollar player.

Dobber Sports Stud

If the offer is for a crazy amount of $, then it makes sense for Wpg to let Trouba go and get the picks. Having the extra picks on the shelf would help Wpg down the road.

As good as Trouba is, he is third on the depth chart for Wpg behind big Buf & Myers so the picks might be more appealing than over-paying.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Jets would be idiotic to match if the Bruins offer a max compensation deal as has been rumoured. Trouba is fine, but he's not a 9 million dollar player.
    Ya, I don't see them matching something like that. Take the picks and run.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

The picks will be very useful come next offseason when teams are giving players away if they can’t protect them.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Maybe this is the Bruins realizing that they're weak at drafting talent in the Sweeney era, so losing the first rounders wouldn't hurt them. Saddest part is I'm only half kidding!
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

It's funny because I said something similar to one of my co-workers this morning who's a Bruins fan. I told him it's not like the Bruins are putting those picks to good use anyway. LOL!

That being said, I did like the McAvoy pick this past draft. I was surprised they actually made sense with one of their early picks. They quickly brought themselves back to earth with their reach with the 29th overall.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

There is a line when the picks are more valuable than the player's contract.
    I'm wondering if the Bruins are thinking of offering right at the top of compensation range #5.
    i.e. AAV of $7.51m.
    They'd only have to give up a 1st/2nd/3rd.
    As I understand, above that mark, they'd be giving up TWO 1sts...

Kind of might be the reason why the offer sheet on a guy like Trouba makes sense... because it's the right price point. (Maybe?)

Dobber Sports Titan

Big wrench here tho….Boston has these picks for 2017 draft. Boston 1st, Edmonton 2nd, Boston 4th, Boston 6th, Boston 7, Florida 7. They can’t offer sheet anything that has them sending a 2nd because the picks moved on offer sheets HAVE to be your own picks. So really, unless they get their 2nd round or 3rd round pick back, they can only offer $9,388,081 (4 1st round picks).

---edit---
    Brain fart on the 3rd round pick not being owned by boston
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll