Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Deangelo in arizona

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Deangelo in arizona

Personally, I was impressed with Chayka at the draft. He thinks a little outside the box, and isn't afraid to "play the game" a little bit. He'd probably also do very well in fantasy hockey.

Detroit can laugh away that they unloaded Datsyuk's cap hit, but in the end, Chayka made the most of his imposed economic restrictions by ensuring he made cap floor AND moved up in the draft. He gave up a 3rd rounder for what is now looking like a wild card. Doling out a 3rd rounder for a guy like DeAngelo looks to me like a very nice low-risk, high reward type of deal.

Worst case scenario = DeAngelo equating to another TJ Brennan
    Best case scenario = DeAngelo living up to his original billing, and giving Stevie Y absolute night sweats about what coulda been.
    Most likely scenario = Something in between. But hey.......it was a 3rd rounder

I'll take a high upside prospect with invested development time over a 3rd round plug who may never amount to anything any day.
    Hanson Bros Fantasy Hockey League
    12 Team Roto (25 player roster w/10 player farm), Goals, Assists, Pts, PPP, BS, Hits, PIM, GAA, Wins, SV%
    Yahoo Pool - 82 GP per spot. Full Keeper
    Reigning Champion - 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18
    F- MacKinnon, Kucherov, Schwartz, Boeser, Pastrnak, E.Kane, Rackell, Dvorak, Lee, Borgstrom, Connor, Johnsson
    D- Karlsson, Ristolainen, Hedman, Edler, Zadorov,
    G- Murray, Kinkaid
    Bench- Greenway, Saros, Jarry, Montour
    Farm: Gaudette, Patrick, Makar, Tolvanen, Hague, Kostin, Shesterkin, Sparks, Stuart Skinner, Colton Point

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Artamus View Post
    Personally, I was impressed with Chayka at the draft. He thinks a little outside the box, and isn't afraid to "play the game" a little bit. He'd probably also do very well in fantasy hockey.

Detroit can laugh away that they unloaded Datsyuk's cap hit, but in the end, Chayka made the most of his imposed economic restrictions by ensuring he made cap floor AND moved up in the draft. He gave up a 3rd rounder for what is now looking like a wild card. Doling out a 3rd rounder for a guy like DeAngelo looks to me like a very nice low-risk, high reward type of deal.

Worst case scenario = DeAngelo equating to another TJ Brennan
    Best case scenario = DeAngelo living up to his original billing, and giving Stevie Y absolute night sweats about what coulda been.
    Most likely scenario = Something in between. But hey.......it was a 3rd rounder

I'll take a high upside prospect with invested development time over a 3rd round plug who may never amount to anything any day.
    My bad........2ND Round pick.....but still.......same same
    Hanson Bros Fantasy Hockey League
    12 Team Roto (25 player roster w/10 player farm), Goals, Assists, Pts, PPP, BS, Hits, PIM, GAA, Wins, SV%
    Yahoo Pool - 82 GP per spot. Full Keeper
    Reigning Champion - 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18
    F- MacKinnon, Kucherov, Schwartz, Boeser, Pastrnak, E.Kane, Rackell, Dvorak, Lee, Borgstrom, Connor, Johnsson
    D- Karlsson, Ristolainen, Hedman, Edler, Zadorov,
    G- Murray, Kinkaid
    Bench- Greenway, Saros, Jarry, Montour
    Farm: Gaudette, Patrick, Makar, Tolvanen, Hague, Kostin, Shesterkin, Sparks, Stuart Skinner, Colton Point

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Artamus View Post
    My bad........2ND Round pick.....but still.......same same
    I agree, high reward here for Arz, and TB gets what they think is a first round talent. They also have enough depth on D, so they're kicking the development down the road 2 or 3 years to when they may need it more.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by louba5 View Post
    guys, it's not exactly the thread, but as far as value is concerned, someone in my league obviously want to react on this and asked for my deangelo plus #7 in the entry draft, likely keller, for his #4, dubois. should i pull the trigger?
    I wouldn't make this deal either. When I fantasy mock ranked the draft picks I had Dubois at #4 and Keller at #7. But that could very well change depending on what happens this season. See my rankings below.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-r...fantasy-draft/
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by gooding74 View Post
    I wouldn't make this deal either. When I fantasy mock ranked the draft picks I had Dubois at #4 and Keller at #7. But that could very well change depending on what happens this season. See my rankings below.

Really enjoyed that episode of Ramblings. nice work

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Good work Ian
    12 team with 15 keepers weekly H2H categories (G,A,P.P.P,S.O.G,F.W,Hits,Blks,Pims, G.A.A,SV%,Wins and S.O)
    C/W Schenn Lindholm Keller Namestnikov PLD schmaltz
    C Giroux Stamkos Schiefele Kadri Brassard
    W Gaudreau Okposo Mantha Gallagher Rantanen beauviller
    D Byfuglien Josi Keith Jones Gudas Ellis
    G Schnieder ​Hellebuyck
    I.R Shaw
    Prospects (25 games or less)
    Gilles

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well f***, I was desperate to draft him last year (and was very happy when I did) because I expected him to play in Tampa's offensive system one day...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Neither would I. Imo DeAngelo + #7 aren't worth trading up three spots outside of the top 3. Heck, Keller may even become a better scorer than Dubois.