Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sundin\'s Leadership

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Sundin\'s Leadership

Is anyone else out there happy that someone (Wilson) has FINALLY questioned the leadership of the \"captain\" of the Leafs. The media here in TO. has been backing him so much and been so blind. Why hasn\'t this come out sooner??
    11 Team 6th year Keeper League. Playoffs count. Daily roster setting, 12 F, 6D, 2G.
    G=1, A=1 PPG+1 SHG+2 Hits=.1 BkS=.1 win=2 SO+5

F: Giroux,Marchand,Kopitar,Stamkos,Voracek,Benn,
    Dupuis,Stastny,Vrbata,Backes,Johnsson,Nyquist,Hert l,Sobotka,Downie
    Baertschi,Grabovski,Frattin,Greening,Clutterbuck,P enner,MacArthur
    D: Kronwall,OEL,Garrison,Suter,S. Jones,
    Harrison,Muzzin,Donovan,Beauchemin
    G: Rinne,Bernier,Reimer,Ellis

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Mats Sundin

yes very.. mostly because Sundin (or at least i thought he did) said he was going to decide before camp and not let it drag on.
    8 Teams 10 Keepers H2H
    g - a - pts - (+/-) - ppp - shp - fw - sv% - .gaa - so
    3C-3RW-3LW-4D-1UTL-2G - 4Bench

Keepers:
    C - Crosby, Thornton, Toews, Tavares
    LW - Kovalchuk, Nash
    RW - Kane
    G - Price, Fleury

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Mats Sundin

peter b. wrote:
    yes very.. mostly because Sundin (or at least i thought he did) said he was going to decide before camp and not let it drag on.
    sundin has said lots. but said so little.
    GO PLAY SOME POKER !!!!!!
    11 Team 6th year Keeper League. Playoffs count. Daily roster setting, 12 F, 6D, 2G.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The large majority of Leaf fans have never played the game of hockey before in their life. They cheer for the Leafs to be part of a large group of people and feel their first sense of belonging in a long time. They finally have something in common with others. They are social misfits for the most part and have no competitive bones in their body as they have garnered very few victories in their life on their own.
    They read what is in the paper and if the papers say Mats, Roberts, Domi or any other over-rated Leaf player is good...well gosh darn it, they must be good.

Obviously the majority of people in this forum who cheer for the Leafs are more than the majority of Leaf fans that I described above, so go ahead and get mad. I am not talking about you though, I am talking about the other 95% of your fanbase. You guys are the minority of your ridiculous fans.

Fans of hockey have known for a long time that Mats is quite possibly the worst Captain in NHL history as no Captain would let his team fail time and time again like Mats has done.

Good for Ron Wilson to call out Suckdin for the player he is.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

GSP wrote:
    The large majority of Leaf fans have never played the game of hockey before in their life. They cheer for the Leafs to be part of a large group of people and feel their first sense of belonging in a long time. They finally have something in common with others. They are social misfits for the most part and have no competitive bones in their body as they have garnered very few victories in their life on their own.
    They read what is in the paper and if the papers say Mats, Roberts, Domi or any other over-rated Leaf player is good...well gosh darn it, they must be good.

Obviously the majority of people in this forum who cheer for the Leafs are more than the majority of Leaf fans that I described above, so go ahead and get mad. I am not talking about you though, I am talking about the other 95% of your fanbase. You guys are the minority of your ridiculous fans.

Fans of hockey have known for a long time that Mats is quite possibly the worst Captain in NHL history as no Captain would let his team fail time and time again like Mats has done.

Wow... just... wow. I subscribed to the thread as soon as I saw it because I knew it would produce some outlandish posts. I just didn\'t think they would come this fast.

\"quite possibly the worst Captain in NHL history\" Wow... I am seriously at a loss for words.

Some people are fascinating.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

GSP wrote:

THANK YOU........

I\'ve been waiting too long for a post such as your\'s.
    I am a die hard Leaf fan and it is refreshing to hear it.
    NO ONE would hear me out cause they are so blind to the media\'s take on him. I must say I hope the Org. stay true to the rebuilding.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

And he immediately gets someone who agrees with him...

Of course.

Human behavior. There\'s nothing like it, I guess.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

sentium wrote:

Of course.

Great minds !!!! :P

Dobber Sports Prodigy

sentium wrote:
    GSP wrote:

Wow... just... wow. I subscribed to the thread as soon as I saw it because I knew it would produce some outlandish posts. I just didn\'t think they would come this fast.

\"quite possibly the worst Captain in NHL history\" Wow... I am seriously at a loss for words.

Some people are fascinating.
    Worst.... meh, not sure about that. Off the top of my head I can\'t think of any that are actually worse. But I personally have questioned his \"leadership\" for quite some time. can\'t wait for a new beginning.

Dobber Sports Novice

I never has questioned Sundin\'s leadership

He has been a great captain and all of his teammates and coaches he has said back that up.

Dobber Sports Wizard

sentium wrote:

Of course.

Hilarious..............this whole thread made me laugh. I think I peed myself.:laugh: :laugh:

Dobber Sports Ninja

GSP wrote:
    Fans of hockey have known for a long time that Mats is quite possibly the worst Captain in NHL history
    I\'ve always thought Sundin was a decent leader, even though I don\'t like him as a player. Here\'s a short list of guys who might be worse:

Alexei Yashin (twice Captain!?) 1998-99 Ottawa and 2005-07 NY Islanders

Mikael Renberg 1997-98 Tampa Bay

Bryan McCabe 1997-98 NY Islanders

Ray Whitney 2002-03 Carolina (I never thought of him as Captain material - good little player though)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Super Moderator

GSP wrote:

Can you give an example of why he\'s one of the worst captains in history? Cause you guys go on a rant but there isn\'t any substance/proof. I must have missed it.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Sage

well played sentium. good work.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Padawan

GSP wrote:

That is easily one of the most ignorant comments I have ever heard. To put the Maple Leafs\' failures on Sundin makes no sense what-so-ever. 70 pts in 74 playoff games with the Leafs. 70+ games (not including the labor-shorterned season)every season with the Leafs. 72+ points every season with the Leafs and a ppg in the labor-shortened season.

Sundin\'s earned the right to take his time and make a decision. We know it\'s not about the money, and the guy just wants some time to make a decision. He\'s not under contract, so it\'s not like he\'s screwing one team by waiting to make a decision.

I think people mis-label Sundin as \"over-rated\" because he is the Captain of the Leafs and attracts a lot of attention. The fact is the guy\'s a great leader, a great player, and an honest guy.