Thread: Gainey\'s visit to Newfoundland

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Gainey\'s visit to Newfoundland

As mentionned on a previous post, there\'s a blog from a person in Newfoundland that relased info about a visit by Hab\'s GM Bob Gainey to a Newfoundland charity event. There\'s some interesting stuff here for Hab\'s fans and others. We learn that Minnessota\'s Benoît Pouliot might have been picked by the Canadiens before Carey Price and a bunch of other info. According to François Gagnon of Montreal\'s La Presse newspaper, Donald Beauchamp V-P of communications for the Montreal club said that Gainey acknowledged that all info transmitted by this blogger (if this is the blogger in question) is accurate. Gainey didn\'t know his comments would be relayed this way. The medium is the message Bob !

http://habsloyalist.blogspot.com/200...om-gainey.html

http://habsloyalist.blogspot.com/200...ts-sundin.html
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Banned

as a Habs fan thats a great great read Stephane, +1 for a great find, please continue to bring whatever Habs news you hear to these forums, I for one can\'t get enough of it.

I\'m not old enough to remember that 1975 game but my father watched it and he still talks about the incredible intensity and \'buzz\' that was going thru the entire country at that time, the \'us vs. them\' feeling cannot be over emphasized. But as much as he was cheering against the Soviets he always speaks glowingly of the incredible show that Tretiak put on to keep them in that game. As far as my old man is concerned he is the best goalie past, present or ever to play the game.

That 86 cup drive was the most amazing thing I\'ve ever witnessed in a Stanley Cup playoffs run and I would say that even if it wasnt my team playing...it was almost movie-like the way they marched to the finals

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks McGoo.
    I remember watching the 1975 game. I\'ve also got a copy of the game on VHS (it\'s an old thing that came before Blueray discs and stuff). They showed it during the last NHL strike or something. You could probably find a copy on Ebay. Tretiak was indeed awesome, so was Dzurilla during the Canada Cup. But I agree that the show Roy put on during the 1986 series topped them all. Especially that game when he stopped a bunch of pucks during that game against the Rangers.
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks McGoo.

I remember watching the 1975 game. I\'ve also got a copy of the game on VHS (it\'s an old thing that came before Blueray discs and stuff). They showed it during the last NHL strike or something. You could probably find a copy on Ebay. Tretiak was indeed awesome, so was Dzurilla during the Canada Cup. But I agree that the show Roy put on during the 1986 series topped them all. Especially that game when he stopped a bunch of pucks during that game against the Rangers.