Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Milan Lucic to Edmonton?

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: [Rumor] Milan Lucic to Edmonton?

Down to two teams and the Nucks aren't one of them. As a Nucks fan, I'm kinda glad.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Lucic one of a kind? Frolik is well-known for driving play whereas Lucic is a slow, uni-dimensional throwback. He will be an anchor both on the ice and on the Oilers' cap. I can only hope they'll be so stupid as to offer him big money and long term.

Please review your advanced stats before you make silly, uninformed comments like this.
    If I'm a pro hockey player (and I'm not) I want to have Lucic skating with me on my line more than I want Frolik. I do. I just plain do. Where do I find an advanced stat that proves this point? #numbersareawesome
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Pro

Has advanced stats infected minds so deeply that we have Flames fans jubilant at the idea of Lucic playing for Edmonton?
    ps. I enjoy analytics they are fascinating....but im tired of talking and hearing about them in every day to day hockey conversations ha
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Administrator

I'd love Lucic for 2-3 years but you can't get Lucic for just 2-3 years.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Superstar

Lucic one of a kind? Frolik is well-known for driving play whereas Lucic is a slow, uni-dimensional throwback. He will be an anchor both on the ice and on the Oilers' cap. I can only hope they'll be so stupid as to offer him big money and long term.

Please review your advanced stats before you make silly, uninformed comments like this.
    I don't know, for a "slow, uni-dimensional throwback", he seems to do pretty well for himself.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Expert

Pierre LeBrun reports left wing Milan Lucic has narrowed his choices down to two teams. Bob McKenzie reports there’s talk the Edmonton Oilers offered Lucic a seven-year, $42-million contract.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-trad...n-years~902500

- - - Updated - - -

Ryan Rishaug@TSNRyanRishaug 6m6 minutes ago
    If the Oilers land Lucic today I'd expect it to be a 6 or 7 year deal at around 6m per year.

Yep that would be pure ugly.

Dobber Sports Deity

The term is going to be gross, but he won't be the only one getting too much money or term today.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The term is going to be gross, but he won't be the only one getting too much money or term today.
    Very true. Players are paid in these circumstances. If Leafs didnt do that gross deal with Clarkson he probably wouldve been an Oiler at a similar rate.
    Not to mention the Hall deal no doubt added to this. Just think money would be better spent on a quality Def. Ofcourse that isnt easy.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    Very true. Players are paid in these circumstances. If Leafs didnt do that gross deal with Clarkson he probably wouldve been an Oiler at a similar rate.
    Not to mention the Hall deal no doubt added to this. Just think money would be better spent on a quality Def. Ofcourse that isnt easy.
    Ya, we dodged a bullet in Clarkson.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Wow just hearing on Sportsnet Kings are back in the mix

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    If I'm a pro hockey player (and I'm not) I want to have Lucic skating with me on my line more than I want Frolik. I do. I just plain do. Where do I find an advanced stat that proves this point? #numbersareawesome
    You can't. I haven't played pro hockey, but I have played hockey for nearly 40 years.

Now that we have the irrelevant info out of the way, the fancy stats, FWIW, indicate that Frolik drives the play (as in, the puck tends to end up in the opposition zone far more frequently when he's on the ice than when he's not), and with Lucic the puck dies (as in, the opposite of Frolik). Whatever you want to believe about truculence, I for one am fully in favour of the Oilers bringing in someone who can slow down Connor McDavid, as I fear that soon enough no one else will be able to.

Administrator

You can't. I haven't played pro hockey, but I have played hockey for nearly 40 years.

Now that we have the irrelevant info out of the way, the fancy stats, FWIW, indicate that Frolik drives the play (as in, the puck tends to end up in the opposition zone far more frequently when he's on the ice than when he's not), and with Lucic the puck dies (as in, the opposite of Frolik). Whatever you want to believe about truculence, I for one am fully in favour of the Oilers bringing in someone who can slow down Connor McDavid, as I fear that soon enough no one else will be able to.
    I don't disagree with the notion that Frolik helps to drive play. I like him as a player but the numbers don't support this argument. Even adjusting for team strength, Lucic had better possession numbers than Frolik this past season.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I don't disagree with the notion that Frolik helps to drive play. I like him as a player but the numbers don't support this argument. Even adjusting for team strength, Lucic had better possession numbers than Frolik this past season.
    Offhand, I can't find a good, pointy-head analysis for Lucic. I do agree with some who assert that the Oilers can get a similar impact from players like Maroon at a much more affordable price and better term.

Here's a couple of articles that demonstrate how Frolik (like Backlund) is sneaky good:

http://flamesnation.ca/2016/6/2/flam...michael-frolik

http://flamesnation.ca/2016/3/20/jus...rolik-together

Administrator

Offhand, I can't find a good, pointy-head analysis for Lucic. I do agree with some who assert that the Oilers can get a similar impact from players like Maroon at a much more affordable price and better term.

Here's a couple of articles that demonstrate how Frolik (like Backlund) is sneaky good:

http://flamesnation.ca/2016/6/2/flam...michael-frolik

http://flamesnation.ca/2016/3/20/jus...rolik-together
    Like I said, I know Frolik is good. Analytically, Lucic is better. Eye test, Lucic is better. I'd rather have Frolik and his contract than Lucic and what his contract is reportedly going to be though.

As for Maroon (and Kassian). My contention is that those guys can give you 75% (and perhaps more with attrition) of what Lucic gives you for none of the contract headaches.

But I do think that Lucic will be really good for the first half of his deal.

Administrator

Lucic needs to learn some Franzen magic. Would guarantee him a spot on PP1 for life.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust