Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Milan Lucic to Edmonton?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: [Rumor] Milan Lucic to Edmonton?

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    It's true. You're so right. Maybe one day one the scum like you is all gone from here then I can come back and actually talk fantasy hockey again with people. Sounds like Big Ev doesn't post here much any more, so progress has been made. Hopefully you won't be far behind.
    I get it man. You're bitter about the Hall trade and jealous of 29 other franchises (soon to be 30). I understand. It's tough to watch your team just flounder over and over and OVER again, never making any progress even when it seems the like universe is trying to gift it to you so hard. Don't worry, one day it will turnaround. I mean I don't have any evidence to back that up, and management team after management team keeps floundering and trying as hard as they can to prove everyone saying that wrong, but like it had to turn around eventually, right?

Well. Or. Maybe not. Too bad, sucks to suck right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    It's true. You're so right. Maybe one day one the scum like you is all gone from here then I can come back and actually talk fantasy hockey again with people. Sounds like Big Ev doesn't post here much any more, so progress has been made. Hopefully you won't be far behind.
    You've come to the wrong place though, this is a real hockey thread, not a fantasy hockey thread, and I'm not going anywhere lol. If you can't handle that, well, you can always leave. I'm not sure anyone will be all that sad about it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Boys, please keep the conversation on topic. Trolling is also not permitted.

Thanks.
    Thanks for the reminder. Took me two days of posting to realize why I only come here once or twice a year.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    If you're excited for Lucic, you already know the contract he's signing. His demands are pretty well documented, and the amount of interest in him dictates he can name his price. So if you love the Lucic signing, that means you love the Lucic bad contract.
    That's an incredible leap of logic that only a Flames fan can conjure up. Let us know exactly what the terms of Lucic's next contract is before July 1 please.

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    That's an incredible leap of logic that only a Flames fan can conjure up. Let us know exactly what the terms of Lucic's next contract is before July 1 please.
    Well. If his ask is 6x6, he'll get at least 6x6, and yea, that's a bad contract.

Dobber Sports Master

Lucic is in his prime and he is not even asking for a raise. His demand seems pretty reasonable to me. He ticks a lot of boxes. After six years he will be 34. Not too old.

Dobber Sports Deity

The fact he's one of the most desirable free agents out there pretty much tells you that the Oilers are no silly for chasing him or hopefully signing.

In fact, if they do end up signing him like it appears, this is a huge win for the Oilers. It;s nice to see big named free agents actually wanting to come to Edmonton for a change.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Lucic is in his prime
    With that play style? Tell that to Dustin Brown

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    With that play style? Tell that to Dustin Brown
    Fair call! Dustin Brown is a little bit older at 31, but his contract aint looking too good right now. He also has five seasons left.

Fair call! Dustin Brown is a little bit older at 31, but his contract aint looking too good right now. He also has five seasons left.
    I think it's an inaccurate process to say "forwards prime is X", "defencemen's prime is Y", etc. Body type, play style, all these things matter. There's not a specific age range that is a player's prime, and prime scoring and prime playing age are different too. Maybe I'm wrong and Lucic will perform admirable over the course of a 6x6 deal. I'm just saying, 2 years ago nobody was all that concerned about Brown's game, and right now his game and contract looks like an absolute disaster.

Dobber Sports Pro

If you're gonna go straight Oilers bashing then I just wanna chime in that I'd rather have Lucic at 6mill then Frolik at 4.3.
    Lucic is 1 of a kind, Frolik is a dime a dozen plug.
    anyways, Lucic is worth 5, anything lower would be insulting, so its not a huge overpayment at 6 or even 6.5. He could pull a Dustin Brown, but that's no guarantee, I say roll the dice.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Titan

50-60pt guy since 2010. On a team where they need some muscle and leadership, I think Lucic is a great idea for Edmonton. No one is going to push McDavid around with him scoping out groins.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

As much as I am not an Oiler fan - Lucic will be good grab. The stars are aligning.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, KA Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin
    Zherenko

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    If you're gonna go straight Oilers bashing then I just wanna chime in that I'd rather have Lucic at 6mill then Frolik at 4.3.
    Lucic is 1 of a kind, Frolik is a dime a dozen plug.
    anyways, Lucic is worth 5, anything lower would be insulting, so its not a huge overpayment at 6 or even 6.5. He could pull a Dustin Brown, but that's no guarantee, I say roll the dice.
    Well. I wouldn't. So.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Lucic has history with Chiarelli so there's a certain logic to it.

If there's something dumb that Chiarelli did this week that will eventually make him infamous in Edmonton, I doubt that this signing will be it.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    If you're gonna go straight Oilers bashing then I just wanna chime in that I'd rather have Lucic at 6mill then Frolik at 4.3. Lucic is 1 of a kind, Frolik is a dime a dozen plug.
    Lucic one of a kind? Frolik is well-known for driving play whereas Lucic is a slow, uni-dimensional throwback. He will be an anchor both on the ice and on the Oilers' cap. I can only hope they'll be so stupid as to offer him big money and long term.

Please review your advanced stats before you make silly, uninformed comments like this.