Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Milan Lucic to Edmonton?

I...am your father.

Default [Rumor] Milan Lucic to Edmonton?

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
    Now that Milan Lucic is technically on open market, I expect EDM to have significant interest in him and he will have interest in EDM.
    Lots of moving parts on negotiations so way too early to handicap it but no doubt in my mind EDM is going to be eager to explore it.
    https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...10873944420352

Edmonton has Maroon and Kassian, with the hope that one of them will see their potential and become a poor man's Lucic. But I'm sure they'd rather have the 'actual' Lucic if they can!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: [Rumor] Milan Lucic to Edmonton?

I think they would love to have one each on their top three lines. If they don't get a D however, then Lucic won't really matter.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

They have Hall at $6M and Pouliot at $4M on LW, in addition to Maroon and Kassian. Why would they commit a $42M overpay to Lucic (or whatever he'll get - close to something like this) when they don't have room at LW? Unless they can move Pouliot, which is unlikely, or Hall, which is a severe downgrade. Bad idea, IMO.

Lucic is a funny player - great fantasy value, not so great in real life at $6M per over along term deal.

Administrator

Feels like the wrong time to buy on Lucic. Don't see his game aging well.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Feels like the wrong time to buy on Lucic. Don't see his game aging well.
    100% agree.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    They have Hall at $6M and Pouliot at $4M on LW, in addition to Maroon and Kassian. Why would they commit a $42M overpay to Lucic (or whatever he'll get - close to something like this) when they don't have room at LW? Unless they can move Pouliot, which is unlikely, or Hall, which is a severe downgrade. Bad idea, IMO.
    agreed. they only sign lucic if they move hall (or maybe eberle). and I don't think they move hall unless they can get either lindholm or subban (and I don't see the habs trading subban). and yes, that would all be a very bad idea.
    peter chiarelli is a ridiculously overrated GM. I was excited about the oilers' chances for the future when he arrived last offseason, but he just doesn't impress me. they'll obviously be good, since they've got McD, but chiarelli isn't gonna be able to put together a dynasty. he won a cup in boston based on a team that he mostly inherited, and instead of turning it into a dynasty, he messed it up big-time by not managing the cap properly. signing lucic is going right back to his old playbook. this guy just can't manage the salary cap properly. he's made some good moves (Talbot) and made some really bad ones (trading the pick to draft either barzal or connor + another pick for reinhart).

Dobber Sports Deity

As much as I'd love to have Lucic and what he brings, I have a sneaky suspicion I won't like the price. The Oilers simply dont need another LW unless their plan is to move another one out. Especially if you consider the player they are looking at with the 4th overall (assuming they make that pick, and I am confident they will).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

This doesn't seem like a fit to me. Lucic's price will be too high and EDM doesn't need him with their current LW's. The $ could be better spent on their D
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i think he's just using the threat to play for EDM as leverage. Benning is going to give him a blank cheque and his contract is going to look ugly.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i think he's just using the threat to play for EDM as leverage. Benning is going to give him a blank cheque and his contract is going to look ugly.
    I hope this ends up being the case.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't get why Edmonton would get Lucic? There nowhere near competing even with him until they rectify there D. Who's going to be getting these forwards the puck? They can barely make it out of their own end as well. I think Demers want's to much money but at least over paying for a D is heading into the right direction.

On a side note I am weary of the Canucks signing Lucic as well. I keep hearing they want to win now well the Sedins are still with us but I just don't see it. I would rather sign him for a 7 for 4 deal then a 6 for 6.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I don't get why Edmonton would get Lucic? There nowhere near competing even with him until they rectify there D. Who's going to be getting these forwards the puck? They can barely make it out of their own end as well. I think Demers want's to much money but at least over paying for a D is heading into the right direction.

On a side note I am weary of the Canucks signing Lucic as well. I keep hearing they want to win now well the Sedins are still with us but I just don't see it. I would rather sign him for a 7 for 4 deal then a 6 for 6.
    Because if they can sign Lucic, then they can move out other valuable LW assets to help improve their D (Hall maybe? Pouliot?) and make their team more competitive that way.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Because if they can sign Lucic, then they can move out other valuable LW assets to help improve their D (Hall maybe? Pouliot?) and make their team more competitive that way.
    They'd have to get one helluva Dman back if they're going to move Hall. Suddenly their top LW would be Lucic. That's a huge downgrade.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    They'd have to get one helluva Dman back if they're going to move Hall. Suddenly their top LW would be Lucic. That's a huge downgrade.
    I agree with all of that, but lets not forget the LW they would be drafting with the #4 pick in Tkachuk.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I agree with all of that, but lets not forget the LW they would be drafting with the #4 pick in Tkachuk.
    True enough. But it would also depend on how NHL ready Tkachuk is.