Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: (Rumour) PK Subban

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: (Rumour) PK Subban

I think the biggest part of considering Hall elite is that he is an elite offensive talent, regardless of how you slice it. To say he's an elite 200 ft player is clearly ignoring everything that happens when his team doesn't have possession, but when they do, it's impossible to say he's not one of the best at LW. Looking at his production since 2010, he's 6th in points, 5th in P/G, and 6th in P60 for LW. Now, I'm not saying that makes him an elite player, but it does make his offensive output elite.

Be that as it may, Subban for Hall, regardless of pick switches, extra pieces, etc. just doesn't make sense for MTL. As lots of people have pointed out, if they trade Subban, who else do they have to fill his role?
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think that if and it's a big if they trade Subban there is a d-man coming back to Montreal.

They talked about the rumour on the radio in Mtl that would send Subban in Winnipeg for Trouba, Ehlers and a pick.

There lot of noise for that rumour here....
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    What if Subban was traded to the Jets for Trouba, Ehlers and a pick?
    Your about the only person looking at this from a perspective that's not built around Edmonton...I respect that. There's lots of speculation around the value here and if Trouba is truly going to be the great defenceman in the NHL or if is valuation is a little over blown (Rizzee covered this great in his cage matchup a month or two back). My only argument for this trade would be that the Jets are a young team just brushing on the brink of breaking out. However they lack top line wingers currently and Ehlers is a big part of their future. They still also regard Trouba highly and he and Subban are both righties. The Jets are plug full on the right side with Trouba, Myers and Byfuglien. They are a lot weaker on the left side and would be better served to bring in a left-handed Dman if they are to ship Trouba. Trading for Subban here would cause the Jets to have $21+mill committed to the right side of their defence. Some teams are barely spending that much on their top-6 D.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsy00 View Post
    Is it out of the question to think Hall plus Yakupov plus the 4th for Subban plus Scherbak or Lehkonen plus the 9th? Too lopsided??? Sending 2 former 1st overall picks?
    I thinkk we need to stop talking about Yakupov as a #1 pick. He hasn't lived up to the valuation and after a player spends a few years in the NHL, their pick position in their draft year becomes irrelevant.

Dobber Sports Veteran

What? The Montreal medias are spreading rumors about the Habs just before all the special NHL draft show? Colour me surprised
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Expert

In Montreal there is a lot of noise recently that there is a big trade coming for the Habs.
    Why is the thread entitled PK Subban? Was Subban's name specifically mentioned in this speculation?
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Seeds of Grapes View Post
    Why is the thread entitled PK Subban? Was Subban's name specifically mentioned in this speculation?
    His NMC kicks in July 1st so this is a good speculation time for the Montreal medias.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think that if and it's a big if they trade Subban there is a d-man coming back to Montreal.

They talked about the rumour on the radio in Mtl that would send Subban in Winnipeg for Trouba, Ehlers and a pick.

There lot of noise for that rumour here....
    Not a bad offer I guess depending on the pick.

Dobber Sports Genius

Wouldn't a better trade for Montreal be RNH+Yakupov and the 4th for Subban? They need centers and I think RNH would be great in the east. They then draft Pierre-Luc Dubois. Their top two centers are set for the future. Gally can play with Yak for the time being to see if chemistry builds.

However as others have pointed out now they have this big hole on D.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Deity

They would probably want one of Klefbom/Nurse in a deal for PK one has to assume.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I think there is more of a chance Malkin gets traded than Subban and I believe there is zero chance that Malkin gets moved. Like I said yesterday, these rumors are getting silly.

Hey, maybe we will see a 4 way trade between Chicago, Montreal, Pittsburgh and Edmonton. lol
    What about Malkin for Subban? Wouldn't that be an interesting one. It leaves a big hole for the Canadiens on D that would need to be addressed, but it significantly upgrades their forwards, while Pittsburgh improves their D while maintaining a strong forward core.

There's arguments to be made about adding pieces to each side, but an interesting superstar for superstar proposition.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I still think that IF they trade Subban, there will be a D-man coming back to Montreal in that trade.

But I still can't believe that they are going to trade Subban.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    What? The Montreal medias are spreading rumors about the Habs just before all the special NHL draft show? Colour me surprised
    Ha ha. Bingo!!!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    What about Malkin for Subban? Wouldn't that be an interesting one. It leaves a big hole for the Canadiens on D that would need to be addressed, but it significantly upgrades their forwards, while Pittsburgh improves their D while maintaining a strong forward core.

There's arguments to be made about adding pieces to each side, but an interesting superstar for superstar proposition.
    As much as it upgrades their forwards, I don't think it will make up for the one created on defense IMHO. There aren't that many stud defenseman out there.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    As much as it upgrades their forwards, I don't think it will make up for the one created on defense IMHO. There aren't that many stud defenseman out there.
    I don't disagree. The real problem is Montreal just has too many holes to fill beyond Goal and a serviceable defense and very few assets available to address them.