Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Rumor] Matt Duchene to Winnipeg for Jacob Trouba

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: [Rumor] Matt Duchene to Winnipeg for Jacob Trouba

First things first, Scheifele Wheeler and Ehlers are line #1.. Duchene would be a awesome piece to add.. He could center the second line and bump Little down to line 3, or play on the 2nd line with Little and Laine.. The 3rd line would then be Perreault Stafford and Copp.. Bryan Little is so damn underrated its not even funny.. This guys works harder then any Jet, yes, including Scheifele..

All awesome options for Paul Maurice to have!!

>>This spelling debate is hilarious.. I had no idea we were being graded.. HaHa.. I love this place!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    First things first, Scheifele Wheeler and Ehlers are line #1.. Duchene would be a awesome piece to add.. He could center the second line and bump Little down to line 3, or play on the 2nd line with Little and Laine.. The 3rd line would then be Perreault Stafford and Copp.. Bryan Little is so damn underrated its not even funny.. This guys works harder then any Jet, yes, including Scheifele..

All awesome options for Paul Maurice to have!!

>>This spelling debate is hilarious.. I had no idea we were being graded.. HaHa.. I love this place!!
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to call a foul on your spelling Zorro, but only if you live in Canada. Up in the Great White North, we spell "center" like this: c-e-n-t-r-e.
    You also used two periods after the word "funny". Three steps from failing this test, Zorro, but I'll let you off on a technicality for the "centre" issue.

I find this s**t funny too, Zorro!!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Titan

Players with NMC on Winnipeg:
    Enstrom, Myers, Buff

Come expansion, they must keep 3 D, and per the 2 scenarios it’s 7F, 3D, 1G, or 8Players, 1G. They resign Trouba (he’s an RFA), they would likely want to keep him. 4D, 4F then would be their route.

What 4F would they keep? Ehlers, Scheifele, Little, Wheeler. So they don’t have a lot of options if someone comes out of nowhere and deserves a keep. I like the deal.

I think teams will try and make it so they have their bases covered for the 7F, 3D, 1G keep route. So deep D teams maybe look to do these types of trades.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Enstrom, Myers, Buff

Come expansion, they must keep 3 D, and per the 2 scenarios it’s 7F, 3D, 1G, or 8Players, 1G. They resign Trouba (he’s an RFA), they would likely want to keep him. 4D, 4F then would be their route.

What 4F would they keep? Ehlers, Scheifele, Little, Wheeler. So they don’t have a lot of options if someone comes out of nowhere and deserves a keep. I like the deal.

I think teams will try and make it so they have their bases covered for the 7F, 3D, 1G keep route. So deep D teams maybe look to do these types of trades.
    WPG is set up pretty well from an expansion draft point of view. A hypothetical trade for Duchene doesn't hurt them in this sense. Even if they can only protect 4 forwards in a sense they keep Trouba, I would suspect a player like Dano would be scooped up from them in an expansion. Teams only lose 1 player so even deep D teams can likely project who would be taken. It's more a factor with teams who have 5-6 high quality forwards and 4 quality D that enter in this scenario. Looking at the Jets roster, after the 4 forwards you listed, the rest are pretty interchangeable and not a significant loss to the team.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    IF this were an avanue the Jets explored, it would be to move Duchene to the wing. Figure they draft Laine or Puljujarvi to fill you #2RW (Wheeler #1RW) and you have Ehlers on the left side and who else? .
    Isn't Laine a LW?

Ehlers - Scheif/Little - Wheeler
    Laine - Scheif/Little - Perreault

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Isn't Laine a LW?

Ehlers - Scheif/Little - Wheeler
    Laine - Scheif/Little - Perreault
    Primary he’s a RW. But can play LW.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Isn't Laine a LW?
    Like Olympic said he can play both sides. He's a right handed shot and naturally a RW but flipped over to the left side for the WJCs when playing with Aho & Puljujarvi. I don't know how much time he spend there during the season but this is where a lot of people get the LW idea from.

Duchene would solidify a better top 6 for the Jets. Perreault is more of a 3rd liner when he's not injured, as is Stafford. Really, the Jets are lacking a spot on the wing in the top 6 after drafting Laine or Puljujarvi in the upcoming draft unless they are expecting Connor to start out on the wing.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Ugh I know, it's so stressful when people misspell names on online forums! Keep your head up and we can get through these grammar travesties together! Life is rough. My god.

Now if you'll excuse me--- I am going to go pay my bills, bend over for my boss, try to end this tiff with my lady, and figure out how to lose this beer gut. But only if I can find the time to get to that stuff... I've noticed A LOT of spelling errors online today.

Just make spelling your priority though.

I really don't think Colorado will trade Dushain.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Enstrom, Myers, Buff

Ehlers should be safe from expansion since he would be completing his second season, wouldn't he?
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Ehlers should be safe from expansion since he would be completing his second season, wouldn't he?
    I believe Ehlers is safe from the expansion draft..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

Ha ha. This is awesome!

I think that Duchene is better than Trouba , but they have more of a need on the Blue Line