Thread: [Rumor] Alexander Radulov Reportedly Seeking 2-Yr, $15M Deal

Dobber Sports Expert

Default [Rumor] Alexander Radulov Reportedly Seeking 2-Yr, $15M Deal

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/06/04/...ck-to-the-nhl/

Well now it's being reported that Radulov wants a 2-year $15M deal...I think it would be insane for a team to pay that kind of money for him.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: What's up with Radulov?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/06/04/...ck-to-the-nhl/

Well now it's being reported that Radulov wants a 2-year $15M deal...I think it would be insane for a team to pay that kind of money for him.
    Discussion going on in this thread about this very thing.

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...ted-in-Radulov
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Sure, but that's his ask. Remember last summer before Giordano extended with the Flames it came out that he was asking for $9M? He didn't sign for $9M. Seems like classic negotiation through the media... Detroit has said they'd be comfortable with 4-5, he says 7.5, they split the difference and end up somewhere north of 6 on a 1- or 2-year deal.

Dobber Sports Veteran

So if he goes to Detroit, do Larkin and Zetts play C on their top 2 lines?
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    So if he goes to Detroit, do Larkin and Zetts play C on their top 2 lines?
    I think that's probably how they spread it out if they sign Radulov or not.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

Is Larkin at C a good idea? I always thought they'd go hard after a C this summer but if Larkin can make the switch then problem solved.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

I...am your father.

Default Re: [Rumor] Alexander Radulov Reportedly Seeking 2-Yr, $15M Deal

Sorry, I wanted to discuss this and was about to start a thread on it, but when I sifted through the other Radulov thread I found that you were discussing it already. If a topic within a topic has great new info to discuss, we should give it its own thread. I wasn't interested in talking Radulov (yet again), but I'm certainly interested in talking about his contract demands.

1) Radulov is the KHL's best player and has been for a few years now. He has every right to demand big money in the NHL. As far as I know, it's still a paycut from his KHL salary.
    2) Teams would be crazy to pay so much. But I do think he could/should get a two-year deal at $10 million. Big risk, but even if you treated him like a Mikkel Boedker-type, Boedker would get more. And Rads is certainly better than Boedker.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Superstar

That ask is not an unrealistic starting point IMO. He starts out asking for $7.5/year for 2 years, at only a 2-year term some team will take a chance on him at $6-6-5m. I'd honestly rather my team pay him (or any aging UFA) $7m per for 2 seasons than $6m per for 6-7 seasons. I was quite surprised the term ask was only 2 years I'd expected 4-5 for sure.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    That ask is not an unrealistic starting point IMO. He starts out asking for $7.5/year for 2 years, at only a 2-year term some team will take a chance on him at $6-6-5m. I'd honestly rather my team pay him (or any aging UFA) $7m per for 2 seasons than $6m per for 6-7 seasons. I was quite surprised the term ask was only 2 years I'd expected 4-5 for sure.
    I agree with Lionel Hutz, Esq. I think two years and 12 million is realistic, and someone will sign him pretty happily for that cap hit and term. With the rumors of Colorado trying to move Duchene for a D, perhaps the Avs are prepping their cap and making an opening for Radulov...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Must weigh risk of toxic locker room vs. potential payback vs. contract. How much $ could you stand to toss away if it goes sour? What team has a sense of good character so large that would mitigate the risk? What coach can handle it if it comes up? Those factors limit the teams that could have a fit.