Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Andrey Makarov leaving Sabres for KHL

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Rumor] Andrey Makarov leaving Sabres for KHL

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/sa...imself-in-khl/

In 2014-15, goaltender Andrey Makarov seemed to prove he could be an asset for the Buffalo Sabres. He played 39 games for the AHL’s Rochester Americans, turned in a 16-18-0 record and while his save percentage numbers may have been lacking, the 6-foot-2 netminder looked like he could be at the very least a future AHL starter.

If that’s to be the case, though, it’s going to start with Makarov proving his worth in the KHL. And when he comes back, it doesn’t sound as though he’s going to be playing with the Sabres. In an interview with Sport-Express.ru, Makarov seemed incredibly frustrated with his lack of playing time with the Americans this past season even though he was, statistically, the strongest goaltender Rochester had.

In 22 games during the 2015-16 campaign, Makarov, 23, posted a 9-9-2 record, one shutout, a 2.83 goals-against average and .916 save percentage. Neither Natahan Lieuwen or Linus Ullmark matched those numbers, with Ullmark having a bloated GAA above 3.00 and both of Makarov’s goaltending counterparts boasting SPs below .910.

On his way out of Buffalo, Makarov made sure to make his displeasure clear, too. Per a rough translation of the interview with Sport-Express, Makarov said he felt he was mistreated by the club, put in a separate locker room and insinuated Sabres GM Tim Murray was trying to get rid of Buffalo’s Russian players.
    “Did you notice that the club got rid of all its Russian players? I was the last,” Makarov told Sport-Express’ Alexei Shevchenko.

Makarov said he now has “two choices” when it comes to where he’ll play in 2016-17. One potential landing spot would be Spartak Moscow, who owns Makarov’s rights, though he said the club isn’t stopping him from looking elsewhere.

Heading back to Russia would mark the first time since his pre-junior days that Makarov has played in his home country. Makarov played one season in Russia’s MHL before joining the QMJHL’s Lewiston MAINEiacs in 2010-11.

Following one year in Lewiston, Makarov spent the following two campaigns with the WHL’s Saskatoon Blades. In 2011-12, Makarov helped Russia to at the World Junior Championship and the following year helped Russia to a bronze. At the 2012-13 Memorial Cup, Makarov was named the top goaltender.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Default Re: [Rumor] Andrey Makarov leaving Sabres for KHL

I'm not sure if this hurts or helps his stock as a prospect. If he has a big year over there it could put him in high demand.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

I...am your father.

I thought he left already. I even had it in the Prospects Report
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I thought he left already. I even had it in the Prospects Report
    I don't think anything's official yet, but from what I understand, it's looking this way. He doesn't have a contract anymore with Buffalo and hasn't signed anything in Russia either.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

There is also this:

Andrei Makarov says he won't return to #Sabres, claims very unfair treatment, says GM Tim Murray biased against Russians (via @sportexpress)
    https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/sta...69668032782337

So probably not coming back to Buffalo, hopefully he gets his rights traded and stays in the North America!
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I didn't evenknow this guy was in North America.. Geez louise, I need me a updated dobber guide!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

I don't think it can become official until June 30th when his ELC officially expires with the Sabres. Same deal with Khokhlachev and the Bruins. Both are 'done deals' but not 'official'.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    I don't think it can become official until June 30th when his ELC officially expires with the Sabres. Same deal with Khokhlachev and the Bruins. Both are 'done deals' but not 'official'.
    If I take what's written in the article I linked, I don't think he has anything concrete at this time, other than not having a contract with any NHL team.

The KHL team who owns his rights (Spartak) isn't stopping him from looking around and I assume that also means looking around the KHL for work. I guess when it becomes official, we will know, but until then this is all speculation. Hard to call anything a "done deal" right now.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hard to call anything a "done deal" right now.
    Didn't read the article. Moreso based that comment off the rumors I've heard as well. I honestly think its a ploy by both players (sorry not trying to turn into a Khok thread) to get traded prior to July 1st. If that happens, the KHL bolt could be off for them.

Administrator

Honestly I think both teams are better off keeping them. They won't get much in a trade and these guys have upside.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Honestly I think both teams are better off keeping them. They won't get much in a trade and these guys have upside.
    Their contracts are up at end of the month and both seem to have expressed animosity towards their current clubs (I still say speculative as its media reports) but they won't resign and have no desire to play for their club, I would trade their rights.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Their contracts are up at end of the month and both seem to have expressed animosity towards their current clubs (I still say speculative as its media reports) but they won't resign and have no desire to play for their club, I would trade their rights.
    I'd rather gamble on their potential than hold a grudge over random comments. If there's suddenly a demand for them on their NHL team and they're up to the task suddenly those ill feelings go away.

Dobber Sports Guru

Any word on why Makarov would have been put in a separate locker room? That part doesn't make sense to me.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

The Lehner move and Ullmark play has Andrey on the outside looking in. Here is hoping the kid lands on his skates and plays his heart out wherever he goes. A little bitter on his way out ? perhaps but how many of us were diplomatic at that age ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well, he just signed a 2-year contract and will be heading to the KHL. Ever see him coming back to the NHL and playing a big role (i.e. starter), or do you think he doesn't have it in him?