Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Rumor] Lucic to EDM

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: [Rumor] Lucic to EDM

My nephew told me that in StL he is hearing RHN or Eberle for Shattenkirk. With the Blues wanting RHN more.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    My nephew told me that in StL he is hearing RHN or Eberle for Shattenkirk. With the Blues wanting RHN more.
    As much as the Oilers would love to have Shattenkirk, I have a hard time seeing the Oilers giving up a key piece like RNH or Eberle for a guy who has one year left on his contract before turning into an UFA.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I actually think if they could get Shatty for RNH they may jump on it to try and show that he could be a key piece, give him a good contract, and keep him around.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I actually think if they could get Shatty for RNH they may jump on it to try and show that he could be a key piece, give him a good contract, and keep him around.
    I think STL would be to the moon and back if they could get a young center like RNH, who's already signed long-term, for Shattenkirk, who they are probably going to lose to free agency next year.

I don't think STL gets a player like RNH for Shattenkirk, but stranger things have happened. As I say, if he wasn't headed to UFA next year (his first attempt at it so you know he's looking for the big bucks) then this makes perfect sense.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Why not Shattenkirk for Barrie so the teams can just exchange their problems?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Why not Shattenkirk for Barrie so the teams can just exchange their problems?
    because both problems are the same...$$$

Dobber Sports Pro

I hope the Oilers sign Lucic for 6mill for 7 years.

RNH for Shattenkirk is an interesting rumor - be good for both sides - would have to a commitment from Shattenkirk to sign an extension.

My money is still on Faulk for RNH.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, KA Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin
    Zherenko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    I hope the Oilers sign Lucic for 6mill for 7 years.

RNH for Shattenkirk is an interesting rumor - be good for both sides - would have to a commitment from Shattenkirk to sign an extension.

My money is still on Faulk for RNH.
    That would be an awful trade for Carolina.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think STL would be to the moon and back if they could get a young center like RNH, who's already signed long-term, for Shattenkirk, who they are probably going to lose to free agency next year.

I don't think STL gets a player like RNH for Shattenkirk, but stranger things have happened. As I say, if he wasn't headed to UFA next year (his first attempt at it so you know he's looking for the big bucks) then this makes perfect sense.
    The other perspective is the Blues are picking up an overpriced second line center that looks like he'll never hit the offensive numbers people think and so that's the only reason they are interested in moving Shattenkirk for him.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    That would be an awful trade for Carolina.
    I agree. But any trade where they move Faulk is likely to be one that looks gross. The guy is stupid good and the only reason I can see that they are moving him is because his real dollar amount on his contract is starting to creep upwards and the Hurricanes can't afford crap.

Administrator

Carolina trading Faulk would be extremely dumb. Sure they have a bunch of 1st round dmen but Faulk is the only established top-pairing dman in their system.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    The other perspective is the Blues are picking up an overpriced second line center that looks like he'll never hit the offensive numbers people think and so that's the only reason they are interested in moving Shattenkirk for him.
    I think a big reason they wouldn't do this is also that they're already tied up for a ton of cash down the middle. Almost 12 million on Stastny and Lehtera, adding in RNH would have them at nearly 18 million. They'd be really hindering themselves here. Plus, Lehtera is best for them playing with Tank. Take him away and his production goes down the tubes, so now you're paying an underperforming C 4.7 million dollars on the third line.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso