Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Should Hitchcock Be Fired?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Should Hitchcock Be Fired?

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    It has been rumored locally for sometime now that Hitch was not going to be extended no matter the ending of this season. Kirk Muller has been the labeled replacement for a while now in town for whatever that is worth.

Backes played great all playoffs and I hope he uses his last chance to cash in for all the work and effort he has put into his career to land a big contract somewhere.

Brouwer did exactly what he was brought in to do....lead and help in the playoffs.....he did that and more in my eyes....i think he is a very solid player with lots left in the tank and hope he resigns as him and Fabbri play well together.

Hitch - now im going to say some insensitive things and focus on some simplistic human nature elements......by NO MEANS do I think this is what sums up a very deep and complicated 5 year realationship with the team. I just want to put it out there and here some constructive feedback.....I do for whatever reason think that it is hard for someone as obese as Hitch to command a group of world class athletes......somewhere in the constant fist shaking of "you guys need to have more discipline and structure and execution" there is a large component of hypocrisy. In my experience employees/subordinates will emulate the culture created by leadership (or they are not employees long)......so how do you lead by example when your personal conduct contradicts the message or culture you are trying to create.....I think Hitch did little to ever relate to this blues team....

For the record I wanted Hitch gone after last year and I definitely did not want to see Oshie leave

Before you bash me for being rude and shallow please consider the following.....

Why is it that Ed Hochuli became such as famous and widely liked ref in the NFL?

Why is it a proven fact that taller males earn more than shorter males?

The existence of Tinder......

How is Donald Trump able to garner support by bullying others and upholding the facade that he has superior genetics (baffling)?

IS it so ridiculous to think that as Hitch lays into some of his players there is scoffing in the locker room? Remember when Ovechkin called Brucey as fat ****?
    I'm with you he's the Jabba the Hutt of hockey
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think the SLB should move one of their goalies this offseason and bring in a true, capable, but definitely no doubt about it, back-up goalie. This way, Hitch won't be so prone to screwing around with his starting goalie/s the way he has the last 5(?) years. Take that option away from him, his is a goalies worst nightmare!!

That move the other night putting Allen in, is just another Hitch goalie mind game, and is not productive. Putting in Allen in in relief in game 5 is the correct move, but I think you have to give Elliott the net back for game 6 and 7. Yes they won game 6, but did it kill Elliott's confidence going into game 7? I think many could argue, yes, it did!

10 Team, Points Only, Full Keeper, Salary Cap league (AAV)
    30 player max(main roster only)
    12 F, 6D, 2G(Weekly Line-up) count toward points (G=1/A=1/W=2/SO=+1/SOL=1)

F: -P. Kane, Benn, Schiefele, Laine, Eichel, S. Reinhart, Ehlers, Schmaltz, Bailey, Panik, Eaves, Zetterberg, Steen, Beauvillier, C. Fischer

D: - Byfuglien, Matheson, Hanifin, Ekholm, Djoos, Butcher, Sanheim

G: - Dubnyk, Lundqvist, Shesterkin

Picks :
    2018 : 1st, 4th, 4th
    2019 : 2nd
    2020 : 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Fired/Not Rehired, It's really just semantics.
    To be honest, I think the difference between being fired, and not being offered another contract, is huge.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    To be honest, I think the difference between being fired, and not being offered another contract, is huge.

Rylant
    For Hitchcock yes. For the purpose of this thread (Will Hitchcock be the coach in St. Louis next season), no.