Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Imagined] Freddy Andersen to Dallas

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: [Imagined] Freddy Andersen to Dallas

I know Howard sucked this year.....but Nill did draft him....just saying...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I know Howard sucked this year.....but Nill did draft him....just saying...
    I sincerely hope not. That's worse than all the MAF talk that had been going around, and as bad as what we have now.

And let's not overlook the fact that the Stars farm is also pretty bare in goal aside from Philippe Desrosiers, and he's a long ways off from even being a consideration. That's why I'd like to see Dallas pursue a younger starter like Andersen vs vets like Lundy. That buys more time to stock up and start developing young guys in the minors. Don't get me wrong it would be awesome to have 3-4 years of Lundqvist, but that's an extreme long shot to start with. From what I've read I can't see him wanting to leave NYC life for a laid back locale like Dallas. Depends on how badly he wants to compete for a Cup, and he would push the Stars into that category. And then there's the whole other matter of whether or not the Rangers would even be open to a trade.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Ace

I could maybe see Andersen going to Dallas, but I don't see a scenario where a goaltender goes back to Anaheim. There's a big enough FA goalie market this summer that they'd probably be better off signing one there. What I could see would be either a buyout of Niemi or Lehtonen, or a trade with Calgary to ship one of them out (in this case I would expect it to be Lehtonen, as he seems to be a little more stable for longer stretches). I just honestly think Anaheim would rather give Reimer or another journeyman backup a three year deal for a little less cash than take back one of Dallas' goalies.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

The Great One

I think whoever lands Reimer is going to be please you surprised by what he can do - I think he's been a back up due to circumstance more than ability and if I get a chance to nab him cheap then I'm taking advantage of it

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I think whoever lands Reimer is going to be please you surprised by what he can do - I think he's been a back up due to circumstance more than ability and if I get a chance to nab him cheap then I'm taking advantage of it
    Absolutely. Especially if he lands on a defensively responsible team. I also think Toronto's media hurt his confidence a lot. I think a lot of teams look at him as a 1b kind of guy, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he ends up in a situation where he gets the crease for 50+ games and runs with it.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Deity

Didn't people use to say that about Scrivens too?

In all fairness, I do think Reimer is a solid goalie. It will be interesting to see if someone gives him the chance to be "the guy" and what he can do with it. If he gets it, he needs to stay healthy so he doesn't lose his opportunity.

The Great One

Let's be fair the biggest difference between Reimer and Scrivens is that he already carried a leafs team to the play offs and for all sense and purposes wasn't the reason behind the collapse to Boston and that's why people are down on him

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Brett Ritchie and a 2nd round pick.
    This is what I was thinking when looking at what I would be giving up to get Andersen. I don't think that Andersen is a particularly great option long term and not a stud goalie that merits giving up a 1st and or Nichushkin. To me, Andersen is a patch work option to tie the team over but I would be looking to a team like Boston for Subban or McIntyre and inquiring about those prices.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    This is what I was thinking when looking at what I would be giving up to get Andersen. I don't think that Andersen is a particularly great option long term and not a stud goalie that merits giving up a 1st and or Nichushkin. To me, Andersen is a patch work option to tie the team over but I would be looking to a team like Boston for Subban or McIntyre and inquiring about those prices.
    Then you're massively underselling Andersen. He's better than Gibson, and a top 15 goalie at worst in the NHL. Likely much better that. And significantly better than an unknown prospect like Subban or McIntyre.

Dobber Sports Expert

I'd put him borderline in the top 15 and definitely ranks behind Gibson in terms of talent. Yup I agree that Subban and Mc are unknowns but they have been tooling away in the AHL. To call them completely unknown is a stretch. Outside of Desrosiers, Dallas has no potential prospects in the system. Adding a Subban or McIntyre would help significantly that cause, move out one of Lehtonen/Niemi and bring up the youngsters as a backup to take over in 2 years full time. They've got a lot of young pieces to work into their core and it's not like their window to compete is closed in a couple of years.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    I'd put him borderline in the top 15 and definitely ranks behind Gibson in terms of talent. Yup I agree that Subban and Mc are unknowns but they have been tooling away in the AHL. To call them completely unknown is a stretch. Outside of Desrosiers, Dallas has no potential prospects in the system. Adding a Subban or McIntyre would help significantly that cause, move out one of Lehtonen/Niemi and bring up the youngsters as a backup to take over in 2 years full time. They've got a lot of young pieces to work into their core and it's not like their window to compete is closed in a couple of years.
    Andersen is 25 and a bonafide 1 now and for the next 7-8 ears. Who was leading Anaheim through the playoffs? Certainly wasn't Gibson, who got benched and outplayed by Andersen.

Dobber Sports Titan

It’s not like Andersen HAS to be traded this yr. He’s an RFA and could likely sign a 2 yr deal and get moved next yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Andersen isn't going to sign a two-year deal when he can become UFA eligible at the end of next year. Why give away a year of UFA eligibility? He's either signing a one-year or a long term deal with someone. That someone will depend on the Ducks and if they decide to keep him or trade him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

I was telling somebody the other day that Goligoski isn't as bad as he looks. The problem is that he's being featured as a top-paring D when he's not. Trevor Daley same problem.

Dallas fans are likely going to see Goli sign somewhere else in a more suitable situation and they're going to say "Why didn't he play that way for us?"

Dallas should re-sign Goligoski if it can be done affordably, but not if they're going to go on using him the same way.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Andersen is 25 and a bonafide 1 now and for the next 7-8 ears. Who was leading Anaheim through the playoffs? Certainly wasn't Gibson, who got benched and outplayed by Andersen.
    I'd have to agree that the Stars are in all-in mode right now and they're going to want a known quantity like Andersen who can move in and take over the crease immediately.

RETIRED