Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump, Clinton......

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Trump, Clinton......

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    I am not interested in politics. They don't affect me in any way.
    Translated - 'I am not a resident of the USA and therefore the discussion between Trump and Clinton does not affect me in any way'

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Translated - 'I am not a resident of the USA and therefore the discussion between Trump and Clinton does not affect me in any way'
    Unfortunately the US politics affect the entire world. Especially if Trump gets in. Someone is going to nuke the US (retaliatory I imagine) if that nut job gets in.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Unfortunately the US politics affect the entire world. Especially if Trump gets in. Someone is going to nuke the US (retaliatory I imagine) if that nut job gets in.
    I highly doubt it. That's just fear mongering. Any country that tried to nuke the US would get instantly vaporized.

Dobber Sports Pro

What's ironic to me is that people think a Trump President would destroy foreign policy, but in reality Hillary has a drastically more militarist foreign policy than Trump does. She's way more interested in overseas military influence than he is. People just hear Trump say the word "nuke" and everyone flies off the handle. The President can't click a button and send out an atom bomb. War doesn't really work that way. Hillary is the dangerous one when it comes to fighting overseas.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    I highly doubt it. That's just fear mongering. Any country that tried to nuke the US would get instantly vaporized.
    I'm not saying it would end well for the country that did it. I'm just saying that I don't think the rest of the world is going to stand by and Donald Trump try to push them around? He's a schoolyard bully. He's going to push the wrong country and that country will retaliate the same way that you see the bullied loner bring a gun to school. It's a ****ing terrifying thought.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm not saying it would end well for the country that did it. I'm just saying that I don't think the rest of the world is going to stand by and Donald Trump try to push them around? He's a schoolyard bully. He's going to push the wrong country and that country will retaliate the same way that you see the bullied loner bring a gun to school. It's a ****ing terrifying thought.
    What's changed. The USA has been the schoolyard bully for decades now. Even North Korea, run by an absolute insane person, is not dumb enough to launch nukes at the USA.

Dobber Sports Icon

What's changed. The USA has been the schoolyard bully for decades now. Even North Korea, run by an absolute insane person, is not dumb enough to launch nukes at the USA.
    The US has always been the schoolyard bully who was at least somewhat charming and had a bunch of friends to either reign him in or back him up (ie NATO). How long do you really think that will last if Trump becomes leader? He has all the charm and subtlety of a trainwreck.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The US has always been the schoolyard bully who was at least somewhat charming and had a bunch of friends to either reign him in or back him up (ie NATO). How long do you really think that will last if Trump becomes leader? He has all the charm and subtlety of a trainwreck.
    You've really bought into the fear mongering. As a Canadian I'm not worried about Trump at all. All of those idiots are just variations of the same thing as far as I am concerned.

Dobber Sports Master

Did someone use the word 'trainwreck'? That's my bat-signal!

Seriously though, world wide military/peace matters are too complicated for Trump to unilaterally screw. He won't have a button at his disposal to cause untold damage. I am far more concerned that his election would legitimize the atmosphere of intolerance that he seems to carry with him. It is a dark day when you are banking on institutional inertia to stop things getting bad. (you can always bank on it to slow progress, that's kind of its thing)
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Icon

You've really bought into the fear mongering. As a Canadian I'm not worried about Trump at all. All of those idiots are just variations of the same thing as far as I am concerned.
    I won't lie... I'm terrified of Trump... hopefully more than I should be. I agree that most of them are variations, I just hope that Trump doesn't turn out to be a "new and improved" variation, if that makes sense.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Did someone use the word 'trainwreck'? That's my bat-signal!

Seriously though, world wide military/peace matters are too complicated for Trump to unilaterally screw. He won't have a button at his disposal to cause untold damage. I am far more concerned that his election would legitimize the atmosphere of intolerance that he seems to carry with him. It is a dark day when you are banking on institutional inertia to stop things getting bad. (you can always bank on it to slow progress, that's kind of its thing)
    Lol, figured that would summon you.

I know he can't singlehandedly screw everything up (like launch a nuke or anything like that) but his mouth is capable of doing a lot of damage. You're right though, our biggest hope is the masses staying home from the polls as they always have lately.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The President doesn't have his finger on the launch button literally. However as Commander-In-Chief he would be the one to issue the command. Then it's the soldier with the launch key that will do the deed. Will that soldier follow the order of a madman? If they balk, and the stakes would be high for him or her personally if they refuse, will the next in line follow their lead or would they bow to pressure?
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    The President doesn't have his finger on the launch button literally. However as Commander-In-Chief he would be the one to issue the command. Then it's the soldier with the launch key that will do the deed. Will that soldier follow the order of a madman? If they balk, and the stakes would be high for him or her personally if they refuse, will the next in line follow their lead or would they bow to pressure?
    There's got to be a way out...
    Yahoo 12 team H2H Keeper (Keep 7 vets; 3 prospects (Skater < 201 GP; Goalie < 101GP)

Categories: G, A, P, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW, Hits, Blocks, W, GAA, Sv% Saves

Start 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 8Bn

C: Crosby, RNH, Stepan, Faksa
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Jenner (c), Komarov (c, rw), Dano
    RW: Voracek (lw), Neal, Hornqvist, Silfverberg, Buchnevich (lw), Boeser
    D: Karlsson, Letang, Ellis, Muzzin, Slavin, Boychuk
    G: Price, Bernier, Grubauer, Pickard

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PensInThree View Post
    There's got to be a way out...
    I see what you did there, and yes in this case there is a way out....don't vote for that lunatic.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I know some people on the other side of the coin who are as terrified of Clinton as you guys are of Trump.