Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump, Clinton......

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Trump, Clinton......

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    My favourite conspiracy right now is that Trump is actually just running to tank the Republican bid and hand the presidency to his friend, Hilary.

Let's not forget, the Clintons were at Trump's last wedding!
    Is this that far fetched, really? Trump's acting like a cartoon character, and all anyone's talking about is the last crazy thing he said. There hasn't been nearly as much relative talk about Clinton's crooked past.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Is this that far fetched, really? Trump's acting like a cartoon character, and all anyone's talking about is the last crazy thing he said. There hasn't been nearly as much relative talk about Clinton's crooked past.
    There's no conspiracy. Because Trump was cozy with the Clintons, then he must be a liberal. When he's bashing Hillary, then he must be a conservative. That's exactly the kind of simple-minded analysis of Trump that landed the GOP in this mess to begin with.

Trump doesn't have any core beliefs or principles whatsoever. He will say whatever he wants to whoever he wants whenever he wants and not give it a second thought. He's avarice and ego personified, combined with a child-like belief in his own infallibility.

It's a Trump world and the rest of us just live in it, either as sycophants or antagonists. The former are to be humored and praised and thrown the occasional bone, while the latter are to be ridiculed, discredited, or crushed, whichever the circumstances allow.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    No, not at all. The immediate post-9/11 period was a very low ebb for the Democratic Party. There wasn't a lot of eagerness within the party to go mano-a-mano with the Bush Administration or the GOP. Remember, the Bush Administration was able to steamroll the Patriot Act and the authorization of the Iraq invasion through Congress. The Dems ended up running Kerry, who was a singularly uncharismatic candidate and was defeated about as easily as Reagan defeated Mondale.

At that point, it had not yet sunk in what a debacle the Iraq War was and would turn out to be. That and Lehman Bros. would come later in Bush's 2nd term.
    Thanks for the clarification. I thought there was a lot of resentment at Bush at that stage and there was talk enough people would vote for anyone but him.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

The single biggest problem in America is that people deflect all responsibility to a higher authority.....

everything that is wrong in my life is Obama's fault or my bosses fault or
    God's fault or blah blah blah

our human culture started going down the shitter when personal responsibility began to fade.....

I am honest to god using this experience to teach my 3 kids the following:

people waste far too much time, money and effort in accomplishing a strangers career goals

The republican party cares only to keep your economic situation comfortable enough to ignore the vast amount of advantage the 1% enjoy and the widening moat they continue to build in order to ensure a very low probability that anyone can cross it. They do not care about gun control or your Christian beliefs outside of voter support and fund raising.

The democratic party cares only to maintain and steadily grow a welfare state that is completely reliant on their "benevolence" in exchange for votes. They do not care about mother earth or wall street regulation as much as depend on the enormous amount of bureaucrats the EPA and DOJ employ. They don't care about immigrants or minorities outside of the votes they hope to garner from the individuals themselves.

In November I will vote for a candidate but it will have VERY LITTLE impact in my day to day life. This life is what I make of it and if spend time worrying about who is president i am missing the whole point.
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

This may be my new favorite thread.. It's definitely going to be a circus, but that's one circus I want to be a part of..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    This may be my new favorite thread.. It's definitely going to be a circus, but that's one circus I want to be a part of..
    You're welcome! This place seemed dead, figured nothing like American politics to up the traffic!

Dobber Sports All-Star

I hope Trump wins, would love to see him build a huge wall to keep those damn Canadians away. But what if shifty Canadians find a way to evade the 20 foot wall and sneak into the US by way of things that can circumvent walls like airlines? Hope he finds a way to mitigate that risk as well.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Stud

if he actually builds a wall ......which i highly doubt he would.....i cant wait to invest in aggregate producers....lots of money to be made if you look beyond the obvious

(D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    if he actually builds a wall ......which i highly doubt he would.....i cant wait to invest in aggregate producers....lots of money to be made if you look beyond the obvious
    The wall. Haha. What a joke. The uselessness of it would come to symbolize everything that Trump represents.

A: It doesn't work.
    B: It will likely never happen
    C: If it did happen it would cost 2-3 times what Trump is saying. (his very first estimate in speeches was 4-5 billion, though he has been saying just over 10 billion lately. Independent sources say approximately 25 billion with an additional 750 million a year for maintenance)
    D: It will be a monstrous and grotesque monument to stupidity, intolerance and fear mongering. (We would even be able to see it from space. The Donald will like that
    E: There will be a fire sale on 30 foot ladders in mexico.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Stud

you know he would name it after himself......to stand/crumble in infamy forever lol

(G) Ward, Lack

Dobber Sports All-Star

Think if all the jobs that Canadian wall would generate. He would be able to put millions of unemployed Americans to work and help reboot the economy. If capital costs for the Wall project get out of control, he can always bring in a bunch of cheap laborers from Mexico, oh wait!
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I expect it would be a step towards the rise of fascism in the U.S. It's something that I've been concerned about dating back to the aftermath of 9/11, leading to the Patriot Act and the creation of the Department of Homeland Security. (Sound familiar?)

I realize that it sounds very Chicken Little-esque even to my own ears, but reading about Germany during the Weimar Republic and the early days of the Nazi Party, much of the rhetoric and political sentiments are eerily similar to what we're hearing now.
    Hillary was always a supporter of the Patriot Act and the rise of Homeland security, she's a war hawk politically, always has been.
    Tho your point about the rise of the Nazi party isnt far-off there are eerie similarities.
    Besides that, the regressive left and PC Police that worship Hillary and Trudeau are a far bigger threat to our personal freedoms then Trump will ever be. imo.
    That said, im not a vocal Trump supporter, he's an obnoxious jerk...but boy do I hate Hillary and the pandering she does.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    I hope Trump wins, would love to see him build a huge wall to keep those damn Canadians away. But what if shifty Canadians find a way to evade the 20 foot wall and sneak into the US by way of things that can circumvent walls like airlines? Hope he finds a way to mitigate that risk as well.
    The only walls Trump will build, will be to keep Americans from leaving.

It is truly amazing that he has actually come this far after the things he has said. Its going to be a long 4 years despite who wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    My favourite conspiracy right now is that Trump is actually just running to tank the Republican bid and hand the presidency to his friend, Hilary.

Let's not forget, the Clintons were at Trump's last wedding!
    Poe's Law
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    The only walls Trump will build, will be to keep Americans from leaving.

It is truly amazing that he has actually come this far after the things he has said. Its going to be a long 4 years despite who wins.
    It's already happening. Better start getting that wall built!

https://imgur.com/a/SHTmf