Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Puck Soup

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Puck Soup

Anyone listen to this podcast yet??

Any regular listeners of Marek vs Wyshynski podcast should know the name Dave Lozo.....he and Greg took care on the Wednesday edition of MvsW and had a great way of blending hockey talk with pop culture and tons of humour. They've now branched out to a new podcast called Puck Soup on Nerdist Sports.

It's weekly but their brand of humour is right up my ally and it definitely gives you a break from listening to Jeff Marek's quirky, annoying, junior hockey loving comments.

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Puck Soup

Weiner interview was great. I've enjoyed the two episodes I've heard.
    I like Marek too, but this is great!
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Immortal

The podcast has only gotten better. It's so freaking funny if you have knowledge of some pop culture/nerdy things as well as hockey.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Im bumping this thread again because last week's episode had an interview with a legit, self proclamed former puck bunny who (by the sounds of it) is "retired" from that life and must be with a certain player. It was actually pretty insightful and the two guys somehow managed to stay away from making fun.

I'm telling you.....funniest sports podcast out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Im bumping this thread again because last week's episode had an interview with a legit, self proclamed former puck bunny who (by the sounds of it) is "retired" from that life and must be with a certain player. It was actually pretty insightful and the two guys somehow managed to stay away from making fun.

I'm telling you.....funniest sports podcast out there.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Love Puck Soup, was a nice spin off from MvsW

If you are a fan of Lozo, he does another podcast for Vice Sports with Down Goes Brown. Called 'Biscuits'

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    Love Puck Soup, was a nice spin off from MvsW

If you are a fan of Lozo, he does another podcast for Vice Sports with Down Goes Brown. Called 'Biscuits'
    Im a huge fan....but was turned off listening to their first episode. I know I didn't give it a chance...but you'd think their comedy styles would be great together...but the first episode just had DGB talking about Ottawa for like 20 minutes. Maybe Iron Ev should listen...

Dobber Sports Immortal

This show still makes my Thursday every week when it's released. These guys are just so damn funny....which leads me to....

They're doing a live show in Toronto in September!!!! Unfortunately I'm away for it....but man I'd love to go. They just did one in NY and it seemed like a great atmosphere. If anyone listened....getting "Schlemko'd" is my new favorite thing. That was hilarious.

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't get it, honestly.

I love witty banter. But these guys. It's 90% banter, and none of it, not one second, is witty.

The other 10% where they get to talk about hockey is usually so clueless I almost start missing the banter.

Anyhow, to each his own I guess. But for my money, Spittin' Chiclets is where it's at.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I love witty banter. But these guys. It's 90% banter, and none of it, not one second, is witty.
    I'm with Thunder.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

I miss Marek. Not crazy about Wysh.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Sage

I enjoy this podcast and it is moving higher up on my weekly list. There are usually several LOL moments on each podcast. Wsych's impersonation are pretty funny too.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I don't get it, honestly.

The other 10% where they get to talk about hockey is usually so clueless I almost start missing the banter.

Anyhow, to each his own I guess. But for my money, Spittin' Chiclets is where it's at.
    That's fair....but I wouldn't say I'm really going into it looking for top notch hockey analysis. Although I definitely don't think they're clueless. Wysh continually makes me change the way I think about a lot of NHL related things. And if you can't get past the 2 hour length with 20 minutes on hockey, I suggest going to read some of his articles at Yahoo. Well written and always thoroughly argued (if it's argumentative....WYSH it usually is.....get it?)

For me...the humour and pop culture references are enough to make me love it, but I also appreciate that they have the balls to say some of the things that they do and they aren't sucking up to the NHL like everyone in the Canadian media. I'm sure Wysh has made quite a few enemies but he doesn't seem to care.

I'll have to give Spittin Chiclets a try.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post

For me...the humour and pop culture references are enough to make me love it, but I also appreciate that they have the balls to say some of the things that they do and they aren't sucking up to the NHL like everyone in the Canadian media. I'm sure Wysh has made quite a few enemies but he doesn't seem to care.

Agreed about not sucking up to the NHL. I really like that edgy part of Wysh and Lozo. I have listened to several other hockey podcasts and they are all so vanilla. The Puck Podcast being a perfect example. And while there are aspects to Marek that I like he seems like such a company man while Wysh just lets it fly.

I did look at Chicklets and it seemed like there is an athlete interview every week. It's been my experience that player interviews are pretty boring. But I'll give it a chance.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Of MvW, Puck Soup, and Biscuits, biscuits is the best. But they're all great. The PDOcast with dimitri filipovich is amazing.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    That's fair....but I wouldn't say I'm really going into it looking for top notch hockey analysis. Although I definitely don't think they're clueless. Wysh continually makes me change the way I think about a lot of NHL related things. And if you can't get past the 2 hour length with 20 minutes on hockey, I suggest going to read some of his articles at Yahoo. Well written and always thoroughly argued (if it's argumentative....WYSH it usually is.....get it?)

Ok. The clueless hockey analysis part was unfair. Truth is, I too rarely get past the "hon hon fromage, Clooode" and "tater tots aren't fries" stuff to judge the hockey talk. I'll give his articles a look, as I think it's mostly the other guy that bugs me.

As for Spittin Chiclets, it's definitely not deep stuff either. Just a couple of Massholes and Ryan Whitney shooting the shit. The player interviews are a recent addition, actually, and I think they're pretty cool. It's not your typical interview. Usually (aside from the Eichel interview), it's a guy Whitney knows from his playing days and they just talk about what it's like to be a hockey player.