Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dispersal draft protected players

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Dispersal draft protected players

Agreed with above, Drouin over Perry for me too. Based on this playoffs, he might be challenging Perry as quickly as next season
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Superstar

Crosby
    Giroux
    Voracek
    Kessel
    Zucc
    Carlson
    Mrazek
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Revisiting this, I think that Drouin's strong playoff performance has him being a guy one of the bottom feeders takes quickly - he's young, and has tantalizing upside, and could be a long-term stud.

Thinking about it that way, I think you want to protect him, and leave an older player exposed. Perry is a reasonable choice to leave unprotected.

Leaving all your goalies out there is the right move. You can lose at most one, then can protect the best two you are left with after the dispersal draft. Losing one won't be crippling, at all.

Dobber Sports Stud

I have thought the same as most. I just don't want to fall into the playoff performance trap. Every year you see players explode during the playoffs. As a Flames fan I watched Bennett and Ferland light it up last year only to regress during the regular season. I am in a win now mode and would like to win next year too. I am expecting to lose two players because I have looked over who the other teams should leave exposed. I am ok with losing Perry if that's the best course of action. But if I lose Perry only to keep a regressed Drouin, then that's just foolish.

I really want to protect Duchene. I don't know why, but I do. He's been a 55-60 point player with a big name. I can get the same production out of Stepan, Boedker, Zuc... So it really doesn't make sense to protect him unless he all of a sudden turns into a 65+ point player.

Flames fan first, but a closet Flyers fan second. So I have been waiting for Ghost to become exactly what he has become this year. But is this his peak? Can he do it again next year? There's no one to challenge his spot as PPQB. At least not until Provorov is ready.

The same goes for Carlson right? He's the PPQB on the Caps and there's no one lined up to take his spot. Both Ghost and Carlson are young so they have to be protected.

Sid, G, Jake and Kessel are locked in. I just need to make the right call on the next three. I can protect 3 and I will most likely lose the other two.

Perry, Duchene, Drouin, Carlson, Ghost?

14 Team, Keep14 Farm5, 82GP Cap/Position
    Skaters: Points only, Goalies 2ptWin/3ptSO
    Start: 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G
    C- Crosby, Zibanejad, Couturier, Zacha, Frost
    LW- Marchand, Huberdeau, McTavish, Rackell, Kuzmenko
    RW- Konecny, Necas, Caufield, Jarvis, Lafreniere
    D- Hughes, Carlson, Werenski, Chychrun, Andersson, Dobson, Weegar
    G- Andersen, Merzlikins, Daccord, Jones
    Farm- Johnston, Foerster, Tarasov, Hutson, Reinbacher
    Picks-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The difference between Drouin's playoffs and lot of other young guys playoff performances of years past, is his situation.

This is a guy who basically wanted a trade, went to the AHL, got activated for the end of season & playoffs, and is playing exactly the way people thought he would. Relative to Drouin's pedigree, hype, and newsmaking this year, Ferland would be guy who nobody outside of his family & close friends would know.

I think if you protect Drouin, Carlson, & Gostisbehere you have a solid chance to not lose both of Perry & Duchene. If you leave nay of Drouin, Carlson, or Gostisbehere unprotected, they are gone.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm in the keep Drouin over Perry side, Perry is on the downside of his career and Drouin is going to trend upward. Drouin would be the first player I would pick off your team, then Duchesne. Perry may not be picked because of his age. I would also leave your goalies exposed. Is there an option to make an upgrade 2or3 for 1 trade with a team with weak keepers but maybe 1 or 2 superstars?
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO