Thread: Suter or Bourdon

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Suter or Bourdon

Who will likely have a better offensive career Ryan Suter or Luc Bourdon?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:Suter or Bourdon

I\'d go with Ryan Suter. He\'s already showing some ability to perform at the NHL level and Bourdon just hasn\'t given me as much confidence from an offensive standpoint.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think Bourdon has the higher offensive upside (65 points), but Suter is more likely to reach his upside (45-50 points).

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Guy Incognito wrote:
    I\'d go with Ryan Suter. He\'s already showing some ability to perform at the NHL level and Bourdon just hasn\'t given me as much confidence from an offensive standpoint.
    Wow, Bourdon goes pointless in 9 NHL games and Suter puts up 40 in 153 games so you say that Suter is the way to go. That is a pretty weak arguement that anyone with an internet connection can make. I believe \"hockey77\" was looking for some insight that he can\'t get from his girlfriend.

Having said all that, I do feel that Suter will have a better offensive career, but not because of what those numbers say. The fact is that Suter seems to see the ice better than Bourdon. He is able to anticipate the play and find the open man/ice. He knows when to jump into the play where Bourdon seems more content to make the pass rather than carry the play.

Post edited by: Miqualle, at: 2007/08/05 10:45

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think Suter is a better choice here. He\'s already made the league and proven that he can perform at that level...and according to the Nashville depth chart has a chance to play more PP in the upcoming year. I think Bourdon is going to be good, but the fact that he was relegated to mostly a shutdown role in the \"Q\" this year may have held his offensive progress back. Also, the fact that he basically had a spot waiting for him in Vancouver last year and didn\'t really grab it, make me a little more leary of him than Suter. I think he\'ll be good, but I think, because of experience, Suter is definitely a more surefire pick.

Dobber Sports Genius

in a word , suter.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack