Thread: Cherepanov sent to farm, maybe due to injury

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Cherepanov sent to farm, maybe due to injury

And that a day after I acquired him as part of a trade :S

http://www.allhockey.ru/news/35570/

No more info is given in the article, so I tried finding other sources. A news report on the club\'s website from a few days ago, however, suggests he missed the second game of the season with groin muscle damage, sustained in the 4 nations cup and aggravated in the season opener. The allhockey.ru report makes no mention of this. Maybe they don\'t have injured reserve in the KHL ... He is still listed on the big club\'s roster, though.

BTW, Avangard started the season badly with two away losses.

The season opener, and Jagr\'s much anticipated debut, were dominated by opponents\' AK Bars\' top line, with Morozov scoring 2 goals and Zaripov assisting on both and adding a goal, en route to a 4-2 victory in which Avangard goalie John Grahame was the 3rd star. Guess Morozov and Zaripov had something to prove to Jagr and the league ... in two games so far, Morozov has 4 goals and an assist, Zaripov 2 goals and 4 assists, while Jagr has 1 assist :blink:

They then lost away 1-3 to Neftekhimik, not considered one of the league\'s major forces.
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

F**k! I really wanted to see him with the Rangers this year. This \"injury\", whatever it is, better not be serious. Between him & Anisimov, I cant wait to see what the Rangers would look like in 2 years.

Dobber Sports Pro

Damn, forgot to mention this ... the injury is not supposed to be serious, but the writer was pissed off at the fact that he is missing early season games due to an injury picked up on international duty for the second year in a row - last year it was a concussion curtsy someone on the Canadian side of the summit series ...
    Rebulding in two lifetime keepers, squads to follow ...

Dobber Sports Expert

fzusher wrote:
    Damn, forgot to mention this ... the injury is not supposed to be serious, but the writer was pissed off at the fact that he is missing early season games due to an injury picked up on international duty for the second year in a row - last year it was a concussion curtsy someone on the Canadian side of the summit series ...
    i remember that hit. was it brandon sutter?