Thread: Ex- Jet sensation Thomas Steen is now a politician

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Ex- Jet sensation Thomas Steen is now a politician

Thomas Steen will be running for the Torries in the next election

See article
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...-4814764c.html

Bobby Hull and Dale Hawerchuck are said to have jumped on the bandwagon with Steen to regain an NHL club in Winnipeg.

Shallowfrozenwater and Fzusher should be happy about this. They really liked the Jets!!!
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

I...am your father.

Awesome - Thomas Steen was an original on my 19-year-old keeper league team.
    B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

After Ken Dryden, Frank Mahovlich (senate), now we have Steen. Pro wrestling also had a famous politician, Jesse Ventura in the US, where they now also have a famous hockey mom. Tretiak also does politics in russia now. Does anyone know if there were many more hockey related politicians in the world ?
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Stud

as much as i\'m a Tomas Steen fan ... i won\'t be voting Tory.

Dobber Sports Ace

Shallow said:
    lol touchy issue I guess. I was in no way being a partisan here

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Stephane Richer wrote:
    After Ken Dryden, Frank Mahovlich (senate), now we have Steen. Pro wrestling also had a famous politician, Jesse Ventura in the US, where they now also have a famous hockey mom. Tretiak also does politics in russia now. Does anyone know if there were many more hockey related politicians in the world ?
    If I\'m not mistaken, Peter Statsny has a seat on the European Parliament, representing Slovakia.
    STL – Single Team League
    1-team league – Head-to-? – Single Category: TOI
    F: Radulov, Stahal, Gaborik
    D: Gilbert, Brule
    G: Brodeur, Kinkaid
    Utility: Semin
    Farm: Tsujimoto

2011-12 and 2013-14 Champion! (I was disqualified in 2012-13 by the commish. Reason given: tanking)

Dobber Sports Ace

Did a bit of searching, you are correct !

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ran into Thomas in Wal-Mart last winter, remember seeing him so many times back in Jet days! He was a nice guy and took a couple minutes to chat.

BRING BACK THE JETS!!
    Pat LaFontaine #16

I...am your father.

shallowfrozenwater wrote:
    Yes - horrible how they managed to keep the economy afloat while the US sinks. We should vote in some adscam thieves instead! B)

(I know I lit some gasoline here, but bring it on! :lol
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

I really respect your opinion about fantasy hockeyB)
    http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...cheid=20080906
    Like this guy says, vote Jacques Doucet.

TO ALL BASEBALL FANS THAT HOPES TO SEE MR JACQUES DOUCET BE ADMITTED INTO THE NATIONAL BASEBALL HALL OF FAME IN COOPERSTOWN IN 2008. IT IS STILL POSSIBLE BECAUSE ALL WE NEED IS FOR EACH OF US TO VOTE ONCE A DAY EVERYDAY DURING ALL THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER 1.

IF MR. DOUCET IS IN THE TOP 3 OF THE POPULAR VOTE LIKE IN 2005, WE CAN ALL HOPE THAT THE DOORS TO THE PRESTIGIOUS BASEBALL OF FAME IN COOPERSTOWN WILL BE OPENING WIDE FOR HIM.

NOW MORE THAN EVER WE NEED YOUR VOTES EVERYDAY TO HELP THE CANDIDACY OF MR JACQUES DOUCET FOR THE 2008 FORD C. FRICK AWARD. YOUR HELP IS VERY PRECIOUS AND IMPORTANT. WITHOUT YOU IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR JACQUES DOUCET TO BE IN THE TOP 3 FINALIST OF THE POPULAR VOTE. IT IS VERY EASY TO VOTE JUST GO THE WWW.ENCOREBASEBALLMONTREAL.COM AND CLICK ON THE PICTURE OF JACQUES DOUCET.

VERY EASY TO DO, FOLLOW THIS LINK

WWW.ENCOREBASEBALLMONTREAL.COM

JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE OF JACQUES DOUCET

VOTE ONCE PER DAY EVERYDAY

Source: Encore Baseball Montréal