Thread: End of Season farm team prospect call-ups: Domi/Bennett/Teräväinen/D. Pouliot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default End of Season farm team prospect call-ups: Domi/Bennett/Teräväinen/D. Pouliot

Ok, as we near the end of the season I am getting close to the need to call up, trade or waive my farm team ineligible players (team in sig). My team requires players with 60 reg season NHL games to take action on. At season end, I will likely need to take action on Domi, Bennett, Teräväinen and D. Pouliot (unless he misses one game).

• Domi (18g-30a-48P), no question I will be calling him up (and hoping that he doesn't have a sophomore slump) - no need to drop anyone, as I've got one roster spot open.

• Bennett (17g-18a-35p) is a tough decision. He has been playing third line, but has scored in bunches.

• Teräväinen (13g-21a-34p) is also a tough decision. He hasn't really been given as much time as expected in the top 6, unless their were injuries.

• Pouliot is frustrating, because although he has barely played this season (19 games), if he plays all the rest of the games he will hit 60 NHL games played and thus no longer be farm eligible for me. Tough to call him up, as he looks like he is a bit buried on this current Pens team. Hopefully he sits one or more games before seasons end

So, here's what I'm deliberating...I could drop Reilly Smith for Bennett? I could drop Stastny for Teräväinen? Do either of these moves make sense? Do you think Bennett or Teräväinen make it into the top six next season? Or should I try to trade them - although I'm not sure what the market is for any of them (except for offers I've received for Domi)? The same question exists for Pouliot, where I could drop Markov for him, but I'm guessing there will be better waiver wire options available.

It's probably worth noting that for the 4th straight season I finished the regular season in first place, so I'm trying to do a soft gradual rebuild (and have often been trading my young players for more established ones).

I...am your father.

Default Re: End of Season farm team prospect call-ups: Domi/Bennett/Teräväinen/D. Pouliot

Next year you'll want Bennett over Smith, yes. And although TT won't beat Stastny next season, it won't be so bad that it will hurt you and I think that's still the swap to make. You can probably trade Stastny. I'd much rather have Pouliot next year than Markov, though I'd guess Markov for 35 points and Pouliot for 30...Pouliot is going to be such a good player soon
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: End of Season farm team prospect call-ups: Domi/Bennett/Teräväinen/D. Pouliot

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Next year you'll want Bennett over Smith, yes. And although TT won't beat Stastny next season, it won't be so bad that it will hurt you and I think that's still the swap to make. You can probably trade Stastny. I'd much rather have Pouliot next year than Markov, though I'd guess Markov for 35 points and Pouliot for 30...Pouliot is going to be such a good player soon
    Yep, I agree. My team just got really young (now I just need a Matt Murray to steal the show) Really hoping that Pouliot somehow doesn't play all of the remaining games, and I can hold him for one more season.

Dobber Sports Giant

Keep the young guys, drop Smith, Markov and Stastny.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

Markov and Smith are easy drops for me. I'd pick up TT and Bennett over both those guys.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy