Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: 10-Year Anniversary!

Default Re: DobberHockey Tiered Invitational 2016/17: 10-Year Anniversary!

I'd like to get back in. I actually got an invite a few years ago and then won the Entry, Pro and Experts league, B2B2B. I didn't get an invite the next year, but understand these leagues were kind of in a state of flux and I was no longer as active on these boards due to too many other commitments. By the time I clued in, it was too late. Good to see this continuing though.

For anyone lucky enough to get selected for these leagues, it is a blast to say the least. The format is great and most GMs I played against were doing their utmost to win their respective leagues.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm very tempted, although a dynasty I'm in is starting to come off the hinges before the puck drops because it's free. I don't doubt the competition and commitment in this would likely be more reliable. But I'm learning a personal lesson.

I need to pay to play. Any chance there is a pay version of these? $25/$50? Or do I have to win this to pay next year - cuz that I'd also be into.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
    I'd like to get back in. I actually got an invite a few years ago and then won the Entry, Pro and Experts league, B2B2B. I didn't get an invite the next year, but understand these leagues were kind of in a state of flux and I was no longer as active on these boards due to too many other commitments. By the time I clued in, it was too late. Good to see this continuing though.

For anyone lucky enough to get selected for these leagues, it is a blast to say the least. The format is great and most GMs I played against were doing their utmost to win their respective leagues.
    That's great, good to have you back!

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'm very tempted, although a dynasty I'm in is starting to come off the hinges before the puck drops because it's free. I don't doubt the competition and commitment in this would likely be more reliable. But I'm learning a personal lesson.

I need to pay to play. Any chance there is a pay version of these? $25/$50? Or do I have to win this to pay next year - cuz that I'd also be into.
    This is a free competition, and for the foreseeable future it will remain that way. It's competitive, but it's intended to be open to all and a lot of people don't want to pay to play.

There isn't a similar pay version of this competition that I'm aware of, but can be considered if someone wants to get one going.

The Wolverine

As updated in the original post, there is now a feature article explaining all of the details for this competition:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...r-anniversary/

Please have a read and stay tuned for when recruitment begins, which will be in a new forum thread.

This thread is for information only. If you require any clarification on rules etc., just let me know.

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Icon

Alright, after 7 years on these forums, I've got to get in on this.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Alright, after 7 years on these forums, I've got to get in on this.
    Excellent!

Dobber Sports Novice

Awesome, thanks! For those of us who don't get to the forums every day in the off-season, will you also post here to let us know when we can sign up?
    Team 1
    14-team H2H partial keeper league, counting G,A,+/-,PPP,Hits,BLKS, FW,SOG,W,SV%,GAA

2C,2LW,2RW,2F,4D,2G,5BN,2IR
    I can keep 3F, 2D, 1G each year
    C: O'Reilly, Johansen, J. Staal, Galchenyuk (LW)
    LW: Ovi, Landeskog, Ferland (RW), Keller (RW)
    RW: E. Lindholm (C) , S. Reinhart (C), Tatar (LW), W. Nylander (C) (Out)
    D: Karlsson, Gostisbehere, Hamilton, Doughty, Larsson
    G: Andersen, Varlamov, Grubauer

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie_Dunlop View Post
    Awesome, thanks! For those of us who don't get to the forums every day in the off-season, will you also post here to let us know when we can sign up?
    Yes, I'll post here so you can see the thread updated with joining information, likely also linked to the new forum thread.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: 2016/17 DobberHockey Tiered Invitational: 10-Year Anniversary!

I want in. around what date will the thread to sign up appear, so I know to look out for it?

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    I want in. around what date will the thread to sign up appear, so I know to look out for it?
    That's great!

Planning for early next week. I'll post in here so you'll see this updated thread, with a link to the new one.

Dobber Sports Stud

any chance one of the leagues could have an offline draft, or a draft where we pre-rank our players, for those of us who would have a hard time getting to an online draft?

The Wolverine

any chance one of the leagues could have an offline draft, or a draft where we pre-rank our players, for those of us who would have a hard time getting to an online draft?
    I'm afraid there won't be any offline drafts. These leagues all need to be coordinated in the same way, in the same format to ensure a level playing field. Also, we won't know when a specific league will be finalised, especially as we wouldn't know how many people would want to do an offline draft. However, for those who will still want to participate but cannot attend one of the drafts there is the auto draft option (but others are live drafting). I know that's not ideal for many, though. I will be setting the draft order for all leagues in advance (depending on how soon the leagues fill up) if that is of any help.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I will be setting the draft order for all leagues in advance (depending on how soon the leagues fill up) if that is of any help.
    yes, this definitely helps. i wasn't expecing there to be any offline drafts, but it was worth asking (although if others want an offline draft, might be worth posting it here so we get an idea whether there'd be interest). but at least if i know where i'm drafting, i could try and get some strategy into my pre-draft rankings.
    thanks!

The Wolverine

yes, this definitely helps. i wasn't expecing there to be any offline drafts, but it was worth asking (although if others want an offline draft, might be worth posting it here so we get an idea whether there'd be interest). but at least if i know where i'm drafting, i could try and get some strategy into my pre-draft rankings.
    thanks!
    No worries, it's worth asking. To confirm though, there will not be any offline drafts so to anyone who asks I'll mention the same thing. The format is set so I won't change it for the reasons explained above, I'm afraid. All leagues are in the same format, because it's one competition and everyone should be on the same level playing field.

As for the early draft order, yeah it's definitely helpful as I've had to autodraft a few times.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Really looking forward to this. I've wanted to get in for several years but for some reason or another, haven't been able to. Now I'm watching like a Hawk!

20-team NHL cap keeper; auction salaries w/contracts; 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 3B, 18 farm
    H2H Cat Wins: G, A, Pts, 2G+A, DPts, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, FO%, STG, GWG, G Wins, GAA, Save %, ShO
    C: Stamkos, Toews, DRyan, Compher, Fisher, Haula
    LW: Lucic, Tkachuk, Eriksson Ek, Connor
    RW: Radulov, Tarasenko, JWilliams, Point, Callahan
    D: Braun, Del Zotto, McNabb, CMiller, Petry, Subban, Butcher
    G: Andersen, Rinne
    Farm: Anderson-Dolan, Beaudin, O?Regan, Suzuki, Kayumov, Bastian, Pu, Meloche, Pionk, Poolman, Montembault, Hill