Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Andersen/Gibson

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Andersen/Gibson

I wonder how many of these threads are out there?

Per NHL playoffs, I think BB just goes with however he thinks will win that game. The team has proven they play well in front of either and they don’t really care who’s in net. I think it’s going to end up exactly the same situation we are in now, come playoff time. Short leashes on meaningful games (elimination), could win 1-0, in the next and lose 3-2, goalie switch for game 3.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I wonder how many of these threads are out there?

Per NHL playoffs, I think BB just goes with however he thinks will win that game. The team has proven they play well in front of either and they don’t really care who’s in net. I think it’s going to end up exactly the same situation we are in now, come playoff time. Short leashes on meaningful games (elimination), could win 1-0, in the next and lose 3-2, goalie switch for game 3.
    Exactly why the Ducks won't win. I'm a firm believer that you need to pick your guy, give him that confidence. Even after CHI had Darling win against Nashville last year they went back to their guy in a new round and rode him. Juggling goalies throughout the entire playoffs won't work.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Splitting the games between the two actually makes sense to me until the end of the regular season. Both goalies are performing well and the Ducks have to make a decision on whether Andersen or Gibson is their long-term goalie going forward. Once they are in the playoffs I think they will run with the hot goaltender but until then they need to let the two compete (and hopefully increase both of their values) as they will have to move one of Gibson or Andersen either this offseason or in-season next year or risk of losing one for nothing to an expansion team.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

And it looks like Gibson is going to get the start against Montreal.......

http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/starting-goalies/
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Stud

Hahahahaha wow... give Gibson all the easy games to pad his stats, yet again.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Oakville Squires View Post
    Splitting the games between the two actually makes sense to me until the end of the regular season. Both goalies are performing well and the Ducks have to make a decision on whether Andersen or Gibson is their long-term goalie going forward. Once they are in the playoffs I think they will run with the hot goaltender but until then they need to let the two compete (and hopefully increase both of their values) as they will have to move one of Gibson or Andersen either this offseason or in-season next year or risk of losing one for nothing to an expansion team.
    Ah, but how will BB know who the hot goalie is when it seems like it's 2 starts for Gibson, then 2 starts for Anderson, rinse, spin and repeat. I hope this rotation thing that BB has going on comes back to bite him in his ass come the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    Hahahahaha wow... give Gibson all the easy games to pad his stats, yet again.
    I don't really think this statement holds water. Gibson's last 10 games were against PIT, CHI, VAN, CGY, LA, MTL, WSH, COL, NYR and WPG while Andersen's last 10 games were against CHI, CGY, EDM, BUF, EDM, ARZ, LA, STL, NJ, BOS. If anything Andersen has had the easier schedule and if the rotation holds he is in line to play Toronto and Ottawa. A lot of the arguments for one goalie getting starts over the other seem to be frustrated owner comments as both goalies have proven that they can give Anaheim an equal opportunity to win games. At the end of the day I think the 1A / 1B situation is the right one given how well both goalies have played.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by marsid6687 View Post
    Ah, but how will BB know who the hot goalie is when it seems like it's 2 starts for Gibson, then 2 starts for Anderson, rinse, spin and repeat. I hope this rotation thing that BB has going on comes back to bite him in his ass come the playoffs.
    You may be right. Will really be interesting to see who gets the first playoff start.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Oakville Squires View Post
    At the end of the day I think the 1A / 1B situation is the right one given how well both goalies have played.
    More like 1A / 1A situation as neither is playing like a B. I hope Andersen gets moved (to a good team of course) this off-season
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not a great game for Gibson tonight, c'mon Andersen time.....
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by marsid6687 View Post
    This is right on. It doesn't matter who the hot goalie is because if he loses game 1 he won't be starting game 2 but probably game 3 if the other guy loses game 2....BB is awful at goalie management.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If BB wants any chance of catching LA he probably should roll w/Andersen as Dobber indicated in his ramblings. Last 10 games for both

Andersen: 9-1, 2 SO
    Gibson: 5-5, 0 SO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    More like 1A / 1A situation as neither is playing like a B. I hope Andersen gets moved (to a good team of course) this off-season
    Last 10 starts for each:
    Andersen: 9-1, 2 SO
    Gibson: 5-5, 0 SO

Sounds like it should be 1A/2.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Andersen has clearly been better lately. Heck, the guy gets a shutout and he doesn't get a start in the next 2 games?! That is some really weird goalie management. Only with BB you'll see stuff like this.
    12-Team One-Year League Rotisserie
    G A +/- PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV% SHO
    Daily Start 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G
    The Maroons
    The Wanderers

Dobber Sports Apprentice

And the roulette wheel stops on Andersen tonight.