Thread: Should I keep Kinkaid or Reimer as 4th goalie?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Should I keep Kinkaid or Reimer as 4th goalie?

So I'm about to acquire Martin Jones in H2H (don't worry about what I'm giving up, not important here, it's a weird league.) This will leave me with Quick and Holtby as other two main goalies but I may also have Reimer or Kinkaid for a 4th goalie, depending on if I drop one of them or a skater. (I don't want to drop a skater because every droppable one I have has secondary stats I don't want to lose...)

I shouldn't read anything into Kinkaid's great week last week, right? He's still a below-average .911sv% on a mediocre team, and I see Schneider may return as early as next week?

Granted, I imagine I'll end up dropping one of these guys during the playoffs, but still. I love the idea of getting 100% of Sharks starts, particularly if Jones hits a rough patch or is injured, but Kinkaid maybe getting more starts overall is also tempting...
    3rd year keeper H2H - 16 team:

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

1 year H2H - 16 team - 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 4 util, 4 BN

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Should I keep Kinkaid or Reimer as 4th goalie?

I think Reimer is the better goalie, but in a worse situation right now. We know as long as Schneider is out, Kinkaid is starting in NJ. Reimer has to deal with Jones.

Short term, I'd keep Kinkaid, especially if it's your 4th goalie. I don't think either will make much of a difference to your team if that's the case.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I don't believe in Kinkaid, so give me Reimer as your 4th goalie and you can spot start him!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Giant

The Sharks are a better team and Reimer is a better goalie. You should be MORE than OK with Quick and Holtby; Jones is the cherry on top. The best thing in this scenario would be to handcuff Jones with Reimer in case something happens to him (SJ may also want to rest Jones a bit prior to the playoffs if they can clinch with a couple of games left).
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Novice

If you already have Quick, Holtby and Jones I don't see why you would need a 4th but I agree with what's been said above. Reimer is the better goalie, on a better team and its a bonus that you'll have him and Jones together. Seems like a no brainer.
    Salary Cap Dynasty - 20 Teams - H2H Categories - Daily Starts
    3L, 3C, 3R, 6D, 1G, 1 UTIL, 6B, 3IR
    G, A, Points, STP, +/-, Hits, Blocks
    W, GAA, SV%, SV

C - Monahan, Toews, Stamkos
    LW - Baertschi, M. Johansson, E Kane,
    RW - Burns, Kassian, Voracek
    D - Alzner, Dekeyser, OEL, Ellis, Morrow, Y. Weber
    U - Jenner
    G - Varlamov, Mason, Neuvirth
    Bench - E. Lindholm, Perron, McCann, Beaulieu,
    IR - JVR

Farm (notables): Vasilevskiy, Morrissey, Oleksiak, M. Dal Colle, Merkley, Beauvillier, Baptiste

Dobber Sports Ninja

If this was a situation where your team was dead and you were looking for a hail mary for starts I'd pick Kinkaid.

But with Holtby and Quick I don't see a huge need to get starts as opposed to get quality starts.

Might wanna look into scheduling to see if schedules overlap at all before you make your decision, but I'd go Reimer without knowing of any conflicts.