Thread: Fantasy baseball advice

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Fantasy baseball advice

Please help. Near the end of March I'll be entering a Yahoo fantasy baseball AUCTION draft. Heads up. The pitching categories have increased to 7 categories. They are: pitching appearances, innings pitched, wins, saves, strikeouts, era and whip. I'm looking for the best balance between starters and closers in my lineup. Seems like ill need closers for appearances/saves and starters for innings pitched/strikeouts. But really I'm looking for the best balance. How many starters? How many closers? The same? More of one over the other? Any thoughts? Thanks for your time

Default Re: Fantasy baseball advice

Welcome to the boards, Markusb! I'm sure a forum member will be along shortly to assist you. Good luck.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Fantasy baseball advice

What are the positions at pitcher? Off the top of my head I cannot imagine you would need or want more than four closers, probably 3. In most leagues you can start 6 or 7 pitchers total. Usually the bulk of your bench is starting pitchers (60 pct). That being said I would draft 8 starters and 3 closers. If it's a daily league maybe one more starter. If you see your competition going hot and heavy on the closers don't hesitate to go with 4. But closers change so much and the national league is so unsettled you will have opportunities on waiver.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall