Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Are the Habs really "listening" on Subban?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Are the Habs really "listening" on Subban?

I think the chances of them trading him are slim to none but if you are a team looking for help, why not??

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sportsnet...7322155008?p=v

Report: #Canadiens are gauging trade interest in all-star defenceman P.K. Subban: ow.ly/YwgR0 pic.twitter.com/hHyO7Plk4X
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Are the Habs really "listening" on Subban?

I would like to see him traded but as long as the return is fair.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I don't see it either. They would just be creating a bigger hole than they already have. A hole that would be harder to fill IMO. I would try a new coach.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm sorry but I do not believe that for a second. No way you get fair value back, and I would bet ownership would nix that idea in a second

I think it is just Sportsnet and Dreger having a slow news day to be honest haha
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I'm sorry but I do not believe that for a second. No way you get fair value back, and I would bet ownership would nix that idea in a second

I think it is just Sportsnet and Dreger having a slow news day to be honest haha
    I'm with you, but this is a funny tidbit of info:

https://mobile.twitter.com/wyshynski...4605020160?p=v

Regarding Subban, I fully think this is a rival GM having a laugh at the Canadiens' misery. But that NMC doesn't kick in until 16-17...
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Lebrun called around asking to see if his name was out there...it wasn't.

There is no way A) the Habs move him or B) would get a fair return for him. He makes too much money to garner multiple assests in picks and prospects. Additionally, #1 right handed D-men are like big centers, they don't grow on trees and can be difficult to find. I agree with Godin, this creates a big hole than it patches up.

Banned

doubt it but I've always felt his teammates aren't a fan of him.

Dobber Sports Pro

I have been suggesting to a friend - Oiler fan - the Oilers Should offer their 2016 first round pick and Klefbom (or Nuge) for Subban.

Subban and Nurse on the back end - Media Frenzy!
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    doubt it but I've always felt his teammates aren't a fan of him.
    I wouldn't be too surprised. From what I gather Subban likes being the center of attention at all times. I use to be a big fan of Subban but his attitude and stupid plays have gotten on my nerves too much.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I wouldn't be too surprised. From what I gather Subban likes being the center of attention at all times. I use to be a big fan of Subban but his attitude and stupid plays have gotten on my nerves too much.
    Well he did stay in the room to answer questions from the media while Patches (The CAPTAIN of the Canadiens) left the room.

Also I can name so many other dmen who do those types of plays because they are stars and can do that. Sure they turn it over, but they are paid the big bucks for a reason (i.e. Karlsson, Klingberg, OEL, Keith, Krug, Buff, Yandle, Doughty, and the list goes on). this sounds like I'm randomly trying to start an argument too ahha. I'm not I swear!
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not gonna happen....this is just the media spinning things on an out of control season.

That being said, personally, I would only want to see Subban traded if he got us an elite Center or Forward in return.

Not gonna happen.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Expert

Subban makes that play multiple times a game. He blew an edge. How may times has made that play or one similar that didn't cost a goal but created one? I bet a lot more times it created a positive opportunity. Great to see the entire fan base and media get all over his case for it.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    Well he did stay in the room to answer questions from the media while Patches (The CAPTAIN of the Canadiens) left the room.

Also I can name so many other dmen who do those types of plays because they are stars and can do that. Sure they turn it over, but they are paid the big bucks for a reason (i.e. Karlsson, Klingberg, OEL, Keith, Krug, Buff, Yandle, Doughty, and the list goes on). this sounds like I'm randomly trying to start an argument too ahha. I'm not I swear!
    I'll give him credit for staying in the room and answering the questions but what was his response? something like "I didn't expect to lose an edge thats all"? Man it's like he doesn't understand the game and just wants to take it over and show off all the time. Show off Subban.

It's like smart and reliable plays aren't in his vocabulary. Trade him!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Subban makes that play multiple times a game. He blew an edge. How may times has made that play or one similar that didn't cost a goal but created one? I bet a lot more times it created a positive opportunity. Great to see the entire fan base and media get all over his case for it.
    That play was very unnecessary at the time. The game is tied and no need to try and out play the whole other team. You have teammates for a reason, use em. I've been very critical of Therrien of late but I couldn't help but raise my drink to him for benching Subban. It was his high risk plays that kept him off the main roster most of the time at the Olympics. He sure is a fun player to watch and is very skillful but he doesn't have to be a show off all the time.

Dobber Sports Titan

I doubt they are actually shopping him. But a GM wouldn’t be doing their job if they wouldn’t even listen to an offer. For a player who needs Markov to keep him calm, I feel like he’ll implode when Markov retires.

I’ve never liked Montreal’s rule of French speaking management/coaches they seem to stick too. It’s like saying Colorado is only going to hire someone who can ski. Unless you’re way up in the country in a forest, where the kids don’t go to school, people can speak English in Quebec. It’s not like they need the coach to speak French to communicate with the public.

Fire Therrian. He’s not a smart coach. Your team is passed the point of punishing them with a hard skate, that should have been done months ago.

Imagine how bad that PP would be with PK on it? I’m also hoping Petry gets a chance on the PP1, I was saying last yr he’d have a chance at taking Markov’s spot on the top unit if they continue to struggle. He can run the PP from the Umbrella style with Pk on his left, and Pac on his right, with some switching going between Petry and Pac.

Get back on track here 2014OG. No, they can’t be actively shopping him. How many coaches are out there, how many PK Subban’s are there out there? First try the coach before doing anything too rash.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll