Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Ghost will finish top 5 in points this year, and top 2 next year.

Banned

Default Re: Ghost will finish top 5 in points this year, and top 2 next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    you know your criticism has run out of steam when....
    are you serious? That was obviously a joke.

Anyway this is prime sell high opportunity.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    are you serious? That was obviously a joke.

Anyway this is prime sell high opportunity.
    I made that mistake with Karlsson early on.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Land ghost is nowhere near Karlsson

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Yeah, if you're gonna "sell high" on Ghost you better legit sell high. All depends on format too. But in a points only keeper, I'm not moving Ghost unless a Karlsson, Subban, Ekman-Larsson is coming back...maybe Klingberg or Barrie, depending on the overall deal.

I'm def not moving him for a old head like Buff, Keith, Giordano, Weber or Burns. Or a band-aid boy like Letang.

Other good options like Josi, Hedman, Faulk, Shattenkirk, Carlson, Brodie, Hamilton, Ekblad, etc. aren't worth it IMO.

The only real comparable I see to Ghost (in terms of recently stepping into the NHL and producing at a high PPG out of the gate) is Klingberg and Gostisbehere is doing better than he did.

If you're going to trade Ghost you better be landing a huge fish on D.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Legend

No, Karlsson is in his own tier. Nobody is touching him.

But Ghost will be in the next tier of players who can possibly bag between 50-60 points any given year... or possibly break 60 in a great year.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Banned

If you're in a multicat league you absolutely move ghost for bydgulien weber or burns. It's completely different to a points league. Ghost provides no hits or blocks which is basically deadweight at the d position in all my leagues.

With th klingberg he has virtually no competition on the blue line whereas ghost will have competition, with at least one d better than him coming up.

Dobber Sports Legend

If you're in a multicat league you absolutely move ghost for bydgulien weber or burns. It's completely different to a points league.
    Well, yeah, Multi-cat is a completely different beast. Even if Ghost scores 55-60, in a Multi-cat I would definitely take a 48-52 point guy who devours the other cats. And I would also look at younger D who should bring home all these goodies in the near future - Ekblad, Ristolainen, etc.

With th klingberg he has virtually no competition on the blue line whereas ghost will have competition, with at least one d better than him coming up.
    Ghost has competition from other young D who could potentially be "all-around" better. But Ghost will be the main offensive and PP weapon on the Flyers. If anything, a player like Provorov will compliment him greatly. Right now Ghost is playing with Del Zotto and MacDonald... and Provorov projects to be much better than either.

Personally, I think Sanheim takes a "B role" offensively. I think he ends up on the 2nd PP and provides complimentary offense.

Ghost will be the main offensive weapon and Provorov will be the 1B guy. Provorov, Sanheim and Morin will be used in different ways. Ghost will be the 1st to hop over the boards on the PP and he'll be the first D option in 3 on 3 OT. At even strength I believe he will eventually be paired with Provorov on Philly's dream pairing.

Klingberg has more competition in the system from "offensive PP QBs" in Honka and Lindell. Although, the gig is Klingberg's to lose... and considering the way the Stars invested in him (multi-year deal), Klingberg doesn't appear to be going anywhere. One of Honka / Lindell will be traded IMO.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Guru

Klingberg has Lindell and Honka coming.
    I never worry as much about future competition. Teams make moves, players take different paths, and it's impossible to really know what happens.
    A year ago, Jones looked buried behind Josi and Weber in Nashville and Hamilton looked to have every opportunity in Boston.
    Perhaps the youngsters in Philly will steal some thunder -- but there's also a chance they take a bit longer, or get shuffled before they become a factor.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

I can't tell if you're joking again. A young D with a near point per game pace in his rookie season is nowhere near Karlsson... You sound quite sure of yourself, but I think he will be in the same tier as Karlsson as soon as next year.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Deity

I can't tell if you're joking again. A young D with a near point per game pace in his rookie season is nowhere near Karlsson... You sound quite sure of yourself, but I think he will be in the same tier as Karlsson as soon as next year.
    People said the same thing last year about Klingberg going forward. Funny we dont hear much about that anymore. The year before that, Jacob Trouba was the flavor everyone was tasting.

Young Dmen are a finicky thing; lots of peaks and valleys in their young careers. I am not saying he cant keep up this pace but it will be very hard to do next year. Enjoy the peaks but be prepared for the Valley's. They are coming too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Yeah no. Karlsson is top 3-4 in points right now. On a 90 some point pace.

This is your Steve Mason crap all over again

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Just dealt Ghost for a 2 and Vas, in a multi-cat keeper where goalies are a mint so we'll see how it pans out
    12 Team Roto Keeper League, 12 Keepers (one farm spot two goalies), 26 player rosters
    G A +/- PPP PIM HIT SOG GWG
    W GAA SA% SO SV

C: C.McDavid, T.Seguin, S. Bennett, V. Rask, R. Rakell
    LW: Voracek, J. Benn, E. Kane, T. Brouwer, T. Wilson, A. Lee
    RW:
    N. Mackinnon, , Kessel, R. Strome, J. Hudler, J. Bailey
    D: D. Byfuglien, Weber, V. Hedman, D. Phaneuf, R. Gudas, J. Spurgeon
    G: B.Bishop, P. Mrazek, A. Vailevskiy, Lou

Dobber Sports Legend

I think he will be in the same tier as Karlsson as soon as next year.
    I love your optimism SP but Karlsson is in a class of his own - the only D on the planet who can legitimately flirt with 80-90 points any given season. No one comes close right now. There's Karlsson then there's everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    People said the same thing last year about Klingberg going forward. Funny we dont hear much about that anymore.
    In all fairness, Klingberg is currently 3rd in D scoring with 48 points in 60 GP. He's scoring at a 66 point pace this season, which is elite if you ask me. Ghost is taking the NHL by storm, just like Klingberg did last season, but he's performing at an even higher clip. I don't see how it's outlandish to think Gostisbere could be in the Top 3-5 in D scoring for the foreseeable future. The only player who is CLEARLY better than him offensively is Karlsson - Ghost can hang in there with anyone else.

As of today, Ghost is scoring at a 70 point pace. Right now, he'd have 51 points and would be 2nd to only Karlsson in D points, ahead of Burns and Klingberg.

Even if Ghost's PPG pace drops next year and beyond, and he ends up scoring at a 55-60 PPG clip, that would still put him in the top (non-Karlsson) tier of D scorers.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I love your optimism SP but Karlsson is in a class of his own - the only D on the planet who can legitimately flirt with 80-90 points any given season. No one comes close right now. There's Karlsson then there's everyone else.

In all fairness, Klingberg is currently 3rd in D scoring with 48 points in 60 GP. He's scoring at a 66 point pace this season, which is elite if you ask me. Ghost is taking the NHL by storm, just like Klingberg did last season, but he's performing at an even higher clip. I don't see how it's outlandish to think Gostisbere could be in the Top 3-5 in D scoring for the foreseeable future. The only player who is CLEARLY better than him offensively is Karlsson - Ghost can hang in there with anyone else.

As of today, Ghost is scoring at a 70 point pace. Right now, he'd have 51 points and would be 2nd to only Karlsson in D points, ahead of Burns and Klingberg.

Even if Ghost's PPG pace drops next year and beyond, and he ends up scoring at a 55-60 PPG clip, that would still put him in the top (non-Karlsson) tier of D scorers.
    You say that as if we can surely project that pace out to a full season. Ghost will have a cold streak soon and it will balance out.

Also Klingberg didn't have 3 on 3 OT like Ghost did in his rookie year. Plays a small factor.

Dobber Sports Legend

You say that as if we can surely project that pace out to a full season. Ghost will have a cold streak soon and it will balance out.

Also Klingberg didn't have 3 on 3 OT like Ghost did in his rookie year. Plays a small factor.
    Both points are true to an extent. There's no way to know 100% whether Ghost would have cold streaks or not. He could potentially have a hot streak where he rattles off 7 points in 3 games as well. The fact that Ghost is 2 games away from tying Brian Leetch's record for an ALL-TIME scoring streak among defensemen speaks to Ghost's consistency. That's a record that hasn't been broken in 20 years by players like Karlsson, Green, Lidstrom, Gonchar, Boyle, Visnovsky, etc.

It seems like people are insinuating that the kid is doing everything with smoke and mirrors, kinda like...

"His offensive game is a fluke..."

"His streak is a fluke..."

"He can only score on the PP..."

"His defense is terrible and he'll never improve..."

... and I think, at some point, people need to give him some credit instead of breaking him down. His performance and consistency speaks for itself. He's got the same amount of points as Justin Faulk (in 14 LESS games). And he's 2 points back from Shea Weber (in 20 LESS games!). I don't think you "fluke" that.

But your point about the 3 on 3 OT for Klingberg last year is valid. That said, Ghost shouldn't be penalized because of it. 3 on 3 isn't going away and Ghost appears to be among the most lethal threats in the league in OT.
    8-GM / WK-H2H