Thread: McCabe, Sept 1st

Dobber Sports Novice

Default McCabe, Sept 1st

Where\'s the annoucement, get rid of this guy.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default McCabe, Sept 1st

And today\'s random thought of the day goes to....

:laugh: Just playing bro. Nobody has really heard of anything. Well, if they have then they havent posted it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default McCabe, Sept 1st

McCabe actually just bought a house in the same area as good friend Wade Belak down in Florida.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default McCabe, Sept 1st

Anybody with a brain & money moves down to Florida nowadays. But I guess that could be a sign of things to come for McCabe.

Administrator

Default McCabe, Sept 1st

TSN is reporting the deal will be made official at 11 AM tomorrow morning. It will involve Van Ryn, but I\'ve heard many scenarios as to what the rest of the package might include.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default McCabe, Sept 1st

What, if anything, does this do for his fantasy value? Does his stock rise or does it fall to Mark Streit\'s level?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default McCabe, Sept 1st

NYR9394 wrote:
    Anybody with a brain & money moves down to Florida nowadays. But I guess that could be a sign of things to come for McCabe.
    Yeah because what\'s better then people who could care less about hockey and hurricanes!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default McCabe, Sept 1st

NYR9394 wrote:

Yeah because what\'s better then people who could care less about hockey and hurricanes!
    WOMEN!!! Good looking ones at that!!

Administrator

Default McCabe, Sept 1st

NYR9394 wrote:
    What, if anything, does this do for his fantasy value? Does his stock rise or does it fall to Mark Streit\'s level?
    It\'s hard to tell.

I think he\'ll be up from last year\'s numbers, but he won\'t have the likes of Kaberle and Sundin around him so he won\'t be close to 60 pts. I expect him to be paired with Bouwmeester on the PP, which is solid, but when Bouwmeester gets traded I\'d say Ballard moves up to the top unit, which hurts McCabe. I could see him hover between 40 and 50 pts, but probably closer to 40.

On a side note, I will certainly miss McCabe. I\'m a Habs fan and that setup to Komisarek in OT was priceless.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default McCabe, Sept 1st

doulos wrote:
    Yeah because what\'s better then people who could care less about hockey

Hockey isnt life bro. I dont need to see Don Cherry\'s face every single day 12 months a year. I like going out too. Btw, I\'ll take weather in the 70\'s in December any day. The people are also WAY friendly than New York....AND you actually get more of your money\'s worth down there compared to New York. And the women like Garbage Goal said

The storms? What can you do? There are drawbacks to living anywhere. I\'ll take it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default McCabe, Sept 1st

Hey you\'re welcome to your opinion, but to assume that everyone else wants to live there is awfully bold. It\'s one of the last places I\'d want to live, hockey or otherwise.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default McCabe, Sept 1st

Im just saying that almost anyone who has been to Florida usually finds something about it they love. That\'s what makes me believe that many, many people would think \"I would love/wouldnt mind moving down here some day\". I know that I have. Just look at how many celebrities(many non-hockey related) live down there. It\'s crazy how many celebrities have flocked down their over the past few years. But hey, im not ever gonna knock your opinion.

I have no idea where you live but im sure it\'s nice too. Obviously it has to be if you are really against Florida. I would love to vacation or \"holiday\"(not sure what you call it) where you live. Btw, im just curious, have you ever been to Florida or has the news about the hurricanes sullied your views on Florida without actually having been their?

Think about this: Panthers games are dirt cheap and their is always a good seat to be had! :laugh: Who cares if the fanbase sucks? Do you need validation when rooting for a team? I dont. I dont care if my favorite team plays in an arena where im the only patron. Actually, it might be better. You get great seats at a great price for games against elite teams. How many teams can offer that? LOL.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default McCabe, Sept 1st

I\'ll be honest and say I\'ve never been to Florida, but I\'ve never been lots of places. Where I live is not a holiday destination and many people would dislike it, but it\'s home and I LOVE it and would never move from here to Florida. Like I say a difference in opinion. Maybe it\'s the small town defensiveness in me....hah.

I grew up on the Prairies and it always annoys me when people from the \'coast\' talk about how they cannot fathom why anyone would want to live away from the ocean etc

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default McCabe, Sept 1st

doulos wrote:
    I grew up on the Prairies and it always annoys me when people from the \'coast\' talk about how they cannot fathom why anyone would want to live away from the ocean etc
    Are you kidding me? I love a small town feel. Im right there with ya brother. And kudos for admitting that you\'ve never been to Florida. Maybe if you go there you\'d get the same feeling I did about it, and maybe not. Whatever, no biggie.

Even though Florida is a massive state, the towns & cities there can have a \"small town feel\". I have family that lives in Boca Raton and every time im there it\'s really nice because it doesnt feel like everyone is on top of you like in New York. But hey, I wouldnt mind living in a place like where you are either.

*And for the record, New York is getting on my nerves. :angry:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default McCabe, Sept 1st

jffjmsn wrote:
    Where\'s the annoucement, get rid of this guy.
    I\'m a little sad to see him gone. But, that onetimer from Kabs was just gettn\' blocked too much.

Fantasy value as certainly gone down
    unless JayBo doesn\'t mind passing off more. HA, not likely
    11 Team 6th year Keeper League. Playoffs count. Daily roster setting, 12 F, 6D, 2G.
    G=1, A=1 PPG+1 SHG+2 Hits=.1 BkS=.1 win=2 SO+5

F: Giroux,Marchand,Kopitar,Stamkos,Voracek,Benn,
    Dupuis,Stastny,Vrbata,Backes,Johnsson,Nyquist,Hert l,Sobotka,Downie
    Baertschi,Grabovski,Frattin,Greening,Clutterbuck,P enner,MacArthur
    D: Kronwall,OEL,Garrison,Suter,S. Jones,
    Harrison,Muzzin,Donovan,Beauchemin
    G: Rinne,Bernier,Reimer,Ellis